What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RLWC TV Deal Signed

geordie_saint

Juniors
Don't know about the US but the Middle East via OSN plus PNG are definitely signed up. Expect Eurosport to have access as well...

All the games can be watched online via www.premierplayer.tv/ - you have to pay but it is watchable anywhere. I can't confirm but I think the RLWC 13 team are also broadcasting somewhere online...

RedVee

First Grade
Do you not pick up 7mate because you don't have an HD box or doesn't your HD box pick up 7mate?

If it's the latter it's very strange you would get the 7two signal but not 7mate.

not so strange. 7 doesn't allow Foxtel to rebroadcast 7mate; the only 7 channels that go through foxtel and the IQ box are the ones 7 allow.

I just bought a Topfield box at Dick Smiths to counter the same problem.

Hindyscrack

Bench
Why wouldn't the kangaroos games and the final be broadcast on the main 7 platform... Considering the programming that would usually be on at midnight or 6am it wouldnt be bumping anything rating in high numbers?

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Why wouldn't the kangaroos games and the final be broadcast on the main 7 platform... Considering the programming that would usually be on at midnight or 6am it wouldnt be bumping anything rating in high numbers?

7Mate is HD, stop whinging ;-)

Plus if I heard it right, all Aussie games will be replayed on the main channel (7 -prime) on Sunday afternoons.

Can't get any better than that mate, as I said before, I can't wait to see Kochie and co speak positively about Rugby League, not because they like it, but because they'll have too. We know a hellava lot of the games in the WC will be very competitive, they always are outside the top 3-4. If there are crowds and the games are tight, even channel 7's Vfl zealots will have to call it as they and us see it.

Channel 7 always treated International Rugby League with respect in the past, I don't see why they would do anything different this time, after all, they've always had the Vfl and when they showed the Lions/Kangaroos tests/WC's, they actually went out of their way to big it up, unlike the mob that have held the FTA NRL-SOO-ARL rights since the mid nineties.

This is great exposure.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Maybe we should ask some of the talented guys in the wet canvas forum to make us up a heap of 7Mate TV banners with the RLWC on it?

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I need to sort out some access to 7Mate over the next fortnight too. I have Foxtel but don't get 7Mate.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
I had an old set top box with a TV sitting in the bedroom, finally went and got an indoor aerial for it (25 bucks at bunnings) and it works perfect.

not so strange. 7 doesn't allow Foxtel to rebroadcast 7mate; the only 7 channels that go through foxtel and the IQ box are the ones 7 allow.

I just bought a Topfield box at Dick Smiths to counter the same problem.

I wasn't talking about a Foxtel box. But a normal HD FTA box.

If you pick up 7 two on a FTA box you should be able to pick up 7 mate.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
I wasn't talking about a Foxtel box. But a normal HD FTA box.

If you pick up 7 two on a FTA box you should be able to pick up 7 mate.

Not all the time, I have a box here that will pick up every channel but only the sound for the HD channels, be careful what you buy and keep the receipt just incase you have the same problem.

A mate around the corner had the same problem, got a different cheap STB and it works perfectly.

Not all the time, I have a box here that will pick up every channel but only the sound for the HD channels, be careful what you buy and keep the receipt just incase you have the same problem.

A mate around the corner had the same problem, got a different cheap STB and it works perfectly.

That's a faulty box then.

The point is the signal for all sevens channels come from the same direction.

If your HD box can pick up one of them it should pick up all of them.

ucantseeme

Juniors
I'm not coughing up for a HD box. I'll just watch Aussie games on replay on CH 7 and click onto FoxSportsNews for results & everything else.

I heard the reason Foxtel (formerly with Optus Vision) doesn't have 7mate, Gem & One digital channels is some weak excuse about Foxtel not wanting to pay for extra bandwidth/transmission charges for satellite customers to show their competitors.

I just bought a PVR to record the games, as my TV is picking up all the channels well. I just hope the $30 I spent on eBay actually gives me something that records to my HDD...

TheDMC

Bench
Any idea on SE Asia? Setanta does not appear to have it.

Setanta is covering the world cup, at least the global edition Sentanta 1, but not showing up in SEAsia schedule. Their scheduling is pretty unreliable so who knows. If you find out, let me know please...

blukablu

Juniors
Ridiculous they don't even a guide on the website giving information on which TV stations are showing it in different countries. Might be good for the game in England, Australia and New Zealand but this WC is going to be completely invisible for the rest of the world.