What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 1 vs Warriors

Avenger

Immortal
I'm predicting Lussick will be our best forward this year. I'm shitty about Allgood. He needs to step up because he has all the skills, size and good speed for a prop.

Joely01

Bench
Sio is on a par with the two wingers named. SBW is the best player in the Roosters lineup. There is no comparison.

I just think the whole plan for the future comment is irrelevant, especially this early on.
It's all about this year, not next year.

Noise

Coach
I thought u could still have three in the tackle. They are just policing the third man coming in at the legs tougher. Can anyone confirm?

phantom eel

First Grade
Kelly over Sandow wasn't a big surprise given the decision was reported a week ago. But Vai Toutai?

Ryan Morgan and I guess Ken Sio must consider themselves the unluckiest guys to be running around in NSW Cup this weekend.

The pack pretty much picked itself, with Mau and Edwards holding down spots that would otherwise go to a match fit Lussick, Tanginoa, Junior Paulo or Mossop, but good luck to them.

A lot of eyes will be on new buys Norman and Peats, to see if they can make us less predictable in attack, and to see if they can improve the defence in the middle and on the flank.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I just think the whole plan for the future comment is irrelevant, especially this early on.
It's all about this year, not next year.

You're missing the point. Given three equal wing options this year, why not make the decision based on who will definitely be at the club next year? To me that's the only difference between the three players.

Toutai and Radradra are already contracted for next year. With playing ability between the three being equal, it makes sense to give the first shot to the two that will be at the club next year regardless of what Sio does.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I thought u could still have three in the tackle. They are just policing the third man coming in at the legs tougher. Can anyone confirm?

I believe it's no contact below the knees. So third man in can hit the thighs or higher. I hope it speeds things up, but these rule changes always seem to benefit us the least.

hindy111

Post Whore
Correct me if im wrong but before Vai made his debut people on here where raving on about him.Cant wait too see him play. Now he has had all 15 games and he is no good?
Sio is decent but no world beater.Vai may have impressed the coach.He is Tafua like in build. From what ive seen about him and Semi-well they look clumsy but both also loo to have more potenital than Sio or Hunt.

If i can say one thing BA has picked his side, and shown some real balls doing so.Safer options where hunt and sio with allgood and gower in the team .
This team looks raw but also a little exciting as well.Just hopefully K.edwards and Mau are late bloomers

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
Great to see Manu Ma'u get a run, been watching this guy for a while now, and he is an absolute beast. He definitely adds steel to that back row, quick feet and does alot of defensive work too. Good luck to the kid, as I know what he has bounced back from from his past.

Correct me if im wrong but before Vai made his debut people on here where raving on about him.Cant wait too see him play. Now he has had all 15 games and he is no good?
Sio is decent but no world beater.Vai may have impressed the coach.He is Tafua like in build. From what ive seen about him and Semi-well they look clumsy but both also loo to have more potenital than Sio or Hunt.

If i can say one thing BA has picked his side, and shown some real balls doing so.Safer options where hunt and sio with allgood and gower in the team .
This team looks raw but also a little exciting as well.Just hopefully K.edwards and Mau are late bloomers

He's got a lot to learn. Very raw player. Very strong. But you got to be able to defend and catch a high ball. Technically he's shit. Would of liked to see young folau get a shot. He seems to be more of a natural player.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I'm with the majority- happy enough with the side though I would have a few changes.

Sio and Morgan can both definitely feel hard done by, I'm a Vai fan however he still has a lot to prove... I'm meh with Kelly getting first shot at the 7, even though him and Sandow are vastly different players it really is 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. If Arthur thinks Kelly is the better fit for the team then fair enough, he's seen them training all off-season.

Ben Smith has been a great clubman over the years but honestly should have been put out to pasture by now, I don't see any real advantage of having him in the side except experience. I know we have injuries but there were still better options-

All in all just looking forward to some F*cking FOOOOOOOOOTBALL and of course a nice cold Solo or two

Latest posts