What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 1 vs Warriors

Joely01

Bench
I'm surprised that Morgan is being overlooked for the wing by people on here. Speed and decent strength and he has a half a brain as well!!

Because he isn't a winger. It's unfortunate for Morgan but I think it also shows we finally have a decent centre pairing if both Tonga and Hoppa stay fit.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
when ryan morgan can't get a run, it's a good sign for our backline imo.

love his progress like everyone else, but he can wait another year for tonga to retire or more likely break down

lingard

Coach
With Mossop & Tanginoa still injured:

Hayne
Sio
Tonga
Hoppa
Radrada
Norman
Kelly
Mannah
Peats
Moi Moi
M'au
Smith
Lussick

Joe Paulo
Terepo
Allgood
Edwards

That's pretty close to what I'd pick. The backs, anyway. Not sure about Allgood.

lingard

Coach
Here's a round 26 lineup after a few injuries:

1. Hunt
2. Toutai
3. Morgan
4. Hopoate
5. Sio
6. Kelly
7. Sandow
8. Lasalo
9. Foran
10. Allgood
11. Harrison
12. Mau
13. Paulo

14. Pritchard
15. Edwards
16. Moimoi
17. Gower

You'd put Hoppoate to fullback, surely?

Because he isn't a winger. It's unfortunate for Morgan but I think it also shows we finally have a decent centre pairing if both Tonga and Hoppa stay fit.

Haynes a fullback year he gets picked on the wing and 3/4 in the rep teams. What's the difference ?? I'd be astounded if he could not play wing better than Toutai and Semi.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You'd put Hoppoate to fullback, surely?

Not if he's spent the whole year training and playing and forming combinations on the right hand side.

I considered it, but mostly I wanted to show how shit we look after a few injuries. That meant Hunt had to be at fullback.

Someone

Bench
Not if he's spent the whole year training and playing and forming combinations on the right hand side.

I considered it, but mostly I wanted to show how shit we look after a few injuries. That meant Hunt had to be at fullback.

you couldnt just fake injure hopoate aswell?

#plentyofdepth

Every team looks shit after a few injuries.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
when ryan morgan can't get a run, it's a good sign for our backline imo.

love his progress like everyone else, but he can wait another year for tonga to retire or more likely break down

progress? he has been around for 4 years and produces 1 ok game every 8-10 weeks. He lacks pace, creativity and average in defense, his only aving grace is that he can hit a hole which pretty much all centres should be able to do.

Give someone else a chance, bring him in if there is an injury to band aid the position.

progress? he has been around for 4 years and produces 1 ok game every 8-10 weeks. He lacks pace, creativity and average in defense, his only aving grace is that he can hit a hole which pretty much all centres should be able to do.

Give someone else a chance, bring him in if there is an injury to band aid the position.

You seriously think that he lacks pace? And he has been around for 3 years. He's not a superstar, but a solid first grade player.

Eels Dude

Coach
Haynes a fullback year he gets picked on the wing and 3/4 in the rep teams. What's the difference ?? I'd be astounded if he could not play wing better than Toutai and Semi.

Hayne can and could play anywhere in the backline, he's that talented. What's the difference? Hayne's a superstar and Morgan is a reliable first grader at best. Morgan is a bit small to play on the wing IMO, and it's not like he's super quick either... his best attribute is his footwork.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Hopefully they bring in Hindy to squirt a few lemons into people's faces.

Actually had the pleasure of speaking to the great man the other day. He actually spent the summer in Nepal and has come back 'enlightened' and much more spiritual being.

The trip gave him a whole new strategy with lemons. He actually plans on inserting whole quarter wedges of lemon directly into the players eye sockets as a sort of dual eye-patch. The idea is to keep them inserted throughout an entire game to help toughen the players up, as well as teach them to play on 'instinct' and use all there senses considering they will in effect be blind for 80 minutes.

Some real Shaolin Monk Sh*t.

Joely01

Bench

Hayne is a freak, and can play any position in the backline at the highest level, please don't use him as an example.
Toutai is about 5th picked winger and Semi is either 3 or 4, he has faults in his game but his speed alone makes him a better wing prospect then Morgan.
Unfortunately Morgan is a centre and centre only, and will have to start at Wenty, but again it shows that for the first time in a while it shows we have a very talented first choice centre pairing.

I would have Sio, Hunt, Folau and Semi all ahead of Morgan for a wing spot as well.

Latest posts