What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RND 2 vs ROOSTERS

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I'd kill - kill! - to have Jarred Warea-Hargreaves at the Eels.

I didn't sit out in the rain to watch this shit. I know the Roosters are an awesome team, but that second half was abominable. I'm not even going to try to defend them.
He's a beast isn't he, totally mauled our insipid pack. Darcy at least tried to have a go.

Someone

Bench
This is the year that will make or break certain older players at this club. Mannah isnt the only one.

Realistically with the squad we have anything less of finishing 10th-13th is a failure but i can see us getting another spoon. not enough fight.

i say it year in, year out, but how long can Hayne actually put up with this shit. If he wants to win a premiership in the near future he may as well start thinking about heading to the dogs. Harsh call and il be abused for it, but it pains me to see the bloke struggle in a side like this.

Haynzy

First Grade
Tim Mannah: 81 metres 0 LBs 10 Carries 23 Tackles 2 Missed 2 Penalties

Fuifui Moimoi: 53 metres 0 LBs 8 Carries 20 Tackles 1 Missed 1 Penalties

Ben Smith: 27 metres 0 LBs 14 Carries 30 Tackles 1 Missed 1 Penalties

Manu Ma'u: 51 metres 0 LBs 11 Carries 31 Tackles 1 Missed 1 Penalties

Ken Edwards: 26 metres 0 LBs 59 Carries 34 Tackles 2 Missed 0 Penalties

Eelementary

Post Whore
He's a beast isn't he, totally mauled our insipid pack. Darcy at least tried to have a go.

I usually love the way Lussick plays, but what was with him trying to take JWH's head off twice in a row???? It's almost like he tried to get sent off!

But I like the fact he's the only forward looking to be aggressive. We need more. I'm dead serious - go hard after JWH or a player just like him. He was huge tonight. Big fan.

Eelementary

Post Whore

f**k me.

And JWH probably got more meters than all those combined.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
If I was building a club from scratch JWH would just about be the first player I'd go after.

The bloke always plays at 100 miles per hour, even when his team is getting beaten he still puts in 110%. He has it all- strength, speed, determination, intimidation factor and off todays performance he could play 5/8 some lovely deft touches.

Someone

Bench

remember a good dummy half will get you more metres. we were always going to struggle with go forward without a dummy half. our defence essentially crumbled on the back of having no go forward and not bending the line. we only looked dangerous when we kicked to our wingers.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Everyone off contract should be on notice for not having his contract renewed, and that includes our starting front row.

Mannah is one of our best forwards, but it's a fairly small, ordinary pack. Mannah would make the top 17 at any club, including the Roosters, but would he be the highest paid anywhere else? No chance.

If he wants to stay he should take a pay cut. Then we could put some better forwards around him. Fui and Ben Smith need to go just because they're old and highly paid.

Get rid of those two, plus save some money on Mannah (if he re-signs cheaply) and we can get some more size into the club. But honestly, our pack is as big as Manly's, and they just beat Souths. It's not size we need so much as harder attitudes. We need more merkins.

We were overpowered today but that's because a slow pitch suits a huge pack. In the dry we might've been ahead at halftime and never got the chance to give up. Our problem is still that we're quitters. We need to buy some tougher merkins.

Last edited:

Chipmunk

Coach
This is the year that will make or break certain older players at this club. Mannah isnt the only one.

Realistically with the squad we have anything less of finishing 10th-13th is a failure but i can see us getting another spoon. not enough fight.

i say it year in, year out, but how long can Hayne actually put up with this shit. If he wants to win a premiership in the near future he may as well start thinking about heading to the dogs. Harsh call and il be abused for it, but it pains me to see the bloke struggle in a side like this.

It's disappointing that alot of us have similar thoughts like this after just round 2.

Eelementary

Post Whore
If I was building a club from scratch JWH would just about be the first player I'd go after.

The bloke always plays at 100 miles per hour, even when his team is getting beaten he still puts in 110%. He has it all- strength, speed, determination, intimidation factor and off todays performance he could play 5/8 some lovely deft touches.

He'd never come here - why would he join us from the Premiers? -, but in an ideal world, I'd move heaven and hell to get him here. He is an animal.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
remember a good dummy half will get you more metres. we were always going to struggle with go forward without a dummy half. our defence essentially crumbled on the back of having no go forward and not bending the line. we only looked dangerous when we kicked to our wingers.
And all that can be blamed on the coach, scary when even Keating would of added more to our side tonight.

Chipmunk

Coach

Does our club only have one dummy half???

Eelementary

Post Whore
Everyone off contract should be on notice for not having his contract renewed, and that includes our starting front row.

Mannah is one of our best forwards, but it's a fairly small, ordinary pack. Mannah would make the top 17 at any club, including the Roosters, but would he be the highest paid anywhere else? No chance.

If he wants to stay he should take a pay cut. Then we could put some better forwards around him. Fui and Ben Smith need to go just because they're old and highly paid.

Get rid of those two, plus save some money on Mannah (if he re-signs cheaply) and we can get some more size into the club. But honestly, our pack is as big as Manly's, and they just beat Souths. It's not size we need so much as harder attitudes. We need more merkins.

We were overpowered today but that's because a slow pitch suits a huge pack. In the dry we might've been ahead at halftime and never got the chance to give up. Our problem is still that we're quitters. We need to buy some tougher merkins.

Spot on, Pou. Their attitudes suck.

I agree with everything you just said, mate.

Haynzy

First Grade

Mannah is one of our best forwards, but it's a fairly small, ordinary pack. Mannah would make the top 17 at any club, including the Roosters, but we would he be the highest paid anywhere else?

Yeah for sure, a dry track would have been a different game.
Ma'u, Edwards, Lussick and Tanginoa are supposed to be our tough merkins I believe.

Agree that Smith and Fuifui were the worst forwards tonight.

Interested to know how you know how much these blokes are on?

Tim should be on reasonable coin as he is one of the Captains. I'm sure that you'd agree that being Captain is more than being an angry merkin on the field but would have plenty to do with nurturing the young blokes coming through.

Forty20

First Grade
Tim Grant or Graham would add plenty to the pack. What has happened to Junior Paulo???? Surely he has to come in somewhere??

It was asked before but he is in the starting roster for Wenty tomorrow in what I believe is his first hit out of the season.

hindy111

Post Whore
Sometimes I think Hayne stifles the attack.playing as a second 5/8 instad of a running fullback-Mve him to 5.8 and piss Kelly off

Someone

Bench
Does our club only have one dummy half???

Well im not too sure what the story with Kaysa is, but any club that has its first 2 hookers ruled out is going to struggle in that department. let alone a club like ours with shithouse cap management and 2 rookie dummy halfs.

Latest posts