What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 4Team vs Penrith

caylo

Bench
Chalk and cheese comparing Mateo and Paulo - it's like comparing a Subaru WRX STi to a Skoda Ovtavia Elegance.

Paulo has plenty of flaws in his game, but watch him closely - he has a great ability to pass before the line just before the collision, and his skipping does leave defenders confused as to what he's doing. He also has a solid offload. In fact, the attacking part of his game is the only thing he does well. Defensively he is hot and cold (mostly cold).

All I am saying is that if he had one or two players running off him, he'd have more line break assists to his name.

I was hardly comparing their games rather comparing two players ability to change a game who have similar positions (tight backrowers/utility players) who have a similar style (attacking/ballplaying orientated).

Mateo has the ability to change a game, or he has in the past at least. He utilizes all his skills intelligently. Paulo is a dumb, selfish player and doesn't know how to play to anyone else. He only passes well before the line be rarely runs to the line and passes, its like he can't do both. He rarely runs hard, rather skips 5m and falls over.

I guess we will have to disagree but the quicker Paulo is out of our team and squad the better.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I hope Arthurs has deligated one or two forwards (Moi Moi and Ma'u will do) to trample all over Soward all game

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It's the most obvious one. There's also the fact that Pauli played in the Nines plus at least one of the trials. I thought he was well ahead of Ualesi, if not last year then definitely this year.

Pazza

First Grade
i thought Ualesi was in the top squad, guess i was wrong.

i dont watch any lower grade football but from the info 40/20, stagger and others give it sounds like Ualesi has been killing it for a while now. surely he cant be far off another FG appearance.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Ualesi is in the 'Wenty squad', which seems to be an over 20s development squad. Literally all seven of them turn 21 this year.

Twentyone year olds in the top 25 (Toutai, Paulo, Santi) are listed in the 31 man NRL squad, along with 20 year olds Tanginoa and Pauli.

Kaysa Pritchard is listed in the NYC squad despite ostensibly being our second choice hooker.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I was hardly comparing their games rather comparing two players ability to change a game who have similar positions (tight backrowers/utility players) who have a similar style (attacking/ballplaying orientated).

Mateo has the ability to change a game, or he has in the past at least. He utilizes all his skills intelligently. Paulo is a dumb, selfish player and doesn't know how to play to anyone else. He only passes well before the line be rarely runs to the line and passes, its like he can't do both. He rarely runs hard, rather skips 5m and falls over.

I guess we will have to disagree but the quicker Paulo is out of our team and squad the better.

I'm not his biggest fan, but all that would be easily fixed if he had players running off him in support.

He needs to defend better and run harder, though.

Chipmunk

Coach
Ualesi is in the 'Wenty squad', which seems to be an over 20s development squad. Literally all seven of them turn 21 this year.

Twentyone year olds in the top 25 (Toutai, Paulo, Santi) are listed in the 31 man NRL squad, along with 20 year olds Tanginoa and Pauli.

Kaysa Pritchard is listed in the NYC squad despite ostensibly being our second choice hooker.

So if Pritchard plays NRL, does this effect our Second Tier Cap?

Eels Dude

Coach
If Hineyrulz is Pauli Pauli's dad, then I'd like to know why he couldn't be bothered giving him a first name.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So if Pritchard plays NRL, does this effect our Second Tier Cap?

It does, but if he's on less than another option (e.g Pritchard on $50k and Foran on $75k) then the relative hit to the second tier cap is less.

Note that I don't know how much they're on; these are just hypotheticals. Also, I know Pritchard is definitely contracted to us next year (possibly in the top 25) whereas I believe Foran is on a one year contract. So if there's f**k all between them from a playing ability standpoint, it makes sense to give the game time to Pritchard.

hindy111

Post Whore
From litmited games ive seen he is not ready for first grade. Id prefer Tepai Maoera at this stage. Considering we have lost two mobile second rowers we have replaced them with a prop and a not so mobile second rower. Hope im wrong about Pauli Pauli but I see him as a front rower only!

Any news on Kelepi' injury?

Eels Dude

Coach
From litmited games ive seen he is not ready for first grade. Id prefer Tepai Maoera at this stage. Considering we have lost two mobile second rowers we have replaced them with a prop and a not so mobile second rower. Hope im wrong about Pauli Pauli but I see him as a front rower only!

Any news on Kelepi' injury?

I hope you're not listing Ben Smith as one of your mobile second rowers?

Eels Dude

Coach
Smith is a former centre. Mobility is what makes him a good defender.

Mobility made him a good centre 10 years ago. I would say good upper body strength and a strong tackling technique makes him a good defender. Lack of speed off the mark and him struggling to get back to onside or even to marker after every tackle he makes is a sign of his lack of mobility.