What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robbie Farah gone?

Tiger05

First Grade
Farah isn't too old or slow. He's doing exactly what Taylor wants. He's getting the forwards going forward and leaving all playmaking duties to the halves.

Halves who have NFI how to do as they're told and play to set structures.

But the morons out there will just accuse Farah of f**king up.

I think he is too old and slow. He just isn't making busts anymore. I think when he gets involved more in the playmaking duties though we look a lot better.

He also does f**k up. Did you see his pass last week on the 5th tackle when we were on the attack. It just went straight to the ground.

He isn't our team's problem though. Our halves have been crap but even that is more Brooks than Moses.

magpie4ever

First Grade
I reckon Farah should be allowed to see out his contract.

Still the best no.9 at the club (without Ballin, being available), remember he has only been back a few weeks.

Should be allowed a bit more freedom on the field (within limits), to depressurize our two called talented 7 or 6.

TiggaPlease

Farah isn't too old or slow. He's doing exactly what Taylor wants. He's getting the forwards going forward and leaving all playmaking duties to the halves.

I certainly agree that the halves are a huge problem, and I'd be dropping Brooks immediately, but I wouldn't say Farah is getting them quick crisp service out DH.

He looks good when he engages the markers and goes for a run, but when he takes a couple of steps before passing to the halves he's halved the time/space they need to do their job properly. Brooks and Moses struggle enough with a 10m defensive line so how do we expect them to perform with a 5m line?

Defensively he is still great and he's our best hooking option this year - but let's be honest he's not exactly going to lead us to a premiership next year so we need to free up his cap space so we can actually make some signings to to strengthen the team.

I'm sick of this perpetual state of rebuilding. We shouldn't have to put up with this shit.

But f**k it, let's re-sign our subpar halves on $800k each and keep Farah next year at $900k-$1m.

Farah is an absolute club legend and has earnt every cent.

As fans we deserve a club that actually cares about winning.
We have a losing culture because the focus seems to be on always being the good guy and having so many local juniors making the grade (even when a lot of them would never make it past reggies at any other club).

/End rant.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Farah is going to contribute more to our success than Brokks and Moses will, if all 3 are allowed to play their natural games.

But thats not happening.

The problem we face isn't Farah. Its the gameplan that has killed Farah's attack, because it will have the same impact on Cherrington.

That's the problem. If Farah can't make this side look better under the current style than Cherrington has no hope.

Thats the concern and its a long term concern.

Tiger05

First Grade
Farah is going to contribute more to our success than Brokks and Moses will, if all 3 are allowed to play their natural games.

But thats not happening.

The problem we face isn't Farah. Its the gameplan that has killed Farah's attack, because it will have the same impact on Cherrington.

That's the problem. If Farah can't make this side look better under the current style than Cherrington has no hope.

Thats the concern and its a long term concern.

So the coach has to be sacked. I don't know the answer but I think it's hard to argue against sacking Taylor.

I'm not sold that everything is to do with Taylor having terrible game plans. I think last year we lost games due to Taylor's game plans. We would have had a much better year without that muppet stuffing us up.

This year I think its harder to make that call.

Still there is no way that I would be renewing Taylor's contract. I think we need a good coach and I don't think he is the right person for the job. The question is how much more time to we give him.

simmo1

First Grade
Farah is well past it.

He's been immense for our club over the years, but now he is just serviceable. Ballin could be doing the same job for a quarter of his price.

That's not even considering that every time their is a talk of a feud/discontent within the playing group, Farah is always front and centre.

Tigerted

Juniors
It's true Robbie is past his best but the fact is he is still our best no.9 & irrespective of the money he is on he has the prerogative to remain till end of '17.No offence to Ballin who is a good hooker it was shambolic that we signed a hooker in his 30's coming of a reconstruction when the origin hooker is still on our books.

We should've signed a half decent backrower instead of ballin oh shit we had one on our books on unders & allowed him to go & bolster manlys pack where he plays 80 mins.

What's it say about the diff in professionalism & attitude when Blair gives the Broncos more in 1 game than he did for us in a season & Taupau gives manly double the minutes per match than he gave us.Our culture is f**ked & until we get a hard arse prick with total autonomy running the show the inmates will continue to rule @ the concord leisure centre !

b.bear

Juniors

Halves who have NFI how to do as they're told and play to set structures.

But the morons out there will just accuse Farah of f**king up.

With U on this one MU ,If anything he is to far ahead of our so called Future (6&7) its not funny. its sad to see the lack of football brains in our side at the moment.

Can't see much of a future when we have a DUNCE trying to pass on knowledge from the Playbook titled "1,2,3,4,5 BOMB"

FARAH LEGEND

BROOKS ,MOSES = MYTHS

Tigerted

Juniors
Farah - absolute legend

Brooks - major league myth - would struggle in nsw cup

Moses -semi myth as their is evidence of ability

Did anyone catch Kent on Triple M this afternoon?

Spoke of the Tigers win record when Farah has played this year, said that he believes Brooks and Moses are intimidated by having Farah on the field and play with much more freedom when he's not out there.

I forget what the stats were but it was interesting.

I still believe that Farah plays to instructions and has played his hand out of frustration because Brooks & Moses have not played to their potential.
The issue is with stats, could Kent have added that Brooks has played better when Woods hasn't played or Moses has been better when Sironen hasn't played?

Also said that it was time Farah looked at the SL which I believe might be true except for the fact that he has this back-ended deal worth huge dollars.

Joe's Magpies

Juniors

Spoke of the Tigers win record when Farah has played this year, said that he believes Brooks and Moses are intimidated by having Farah on the field and play with much more freedom when he's not out there.

I still believe that Farah plays to instructions and has played his hand out of frustration because Brooks & Moses have not played to their potential.
The issue is with stats, could Kent have added that Brooks has played better when Woods hasn't played or Moses has been better when Sironen hasn't played?

Also said that it was time Farah looked at the SL which I believe might be true except for the fact that he has this back-ended deal worth huge dollars.

Who cares what Paul Kent thinks.

Tigerm

Coach

If memory serves me correctly, we have never lost a GF that Farah has played in either, what a dumb shit stat to bring up, Kent should give himself an uppercut.