What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robbie to Retire

One can’t deny that he was a very passionate player, sure he sometimes over played his hand , but in the end he was a competitor that gave his all for his team and you can’t ask much more than that, well played RF you will be missed but not forgotten.

There’s a couple of players in every club who are called upon to become property of the entire game.

Robbie is one such player.

The game is better for him having played it.

BE68A4A7-3505-45E5-9F2A-3C3D30026463.jpeg
Here’s number 1 in my tribute photo series to Robbie. Best to start with the entire side at a home game reflecting his passion for the team and the club.

4BEF2A34-5A44-4600-9CA4-93727AF2CA5D.jpeg
There’s a sense of grace to his passing game. It’s brutal yet enchanting. Still one of the best of the game.

I might add here that I am not sure he’s had the time to stop and properly mourn the loss of his mother and his first year in retirement will not come without a certain darkness.

Tigerm

First Grade
On fox sports, one of the commentators Jimmy Smith rated Farah as 3rd all time behind C Smith & D Bederus.
I Thought that was about right, though Damien Cook may get in there by the end of his career.

macnaz

Staff member
On fox sports, one of the commentators Jimmy Smith rated Farah as 3rd all time behind C Smith & D Bederus.
I Thought that was about right, though Damien Cook may get in there by the end of his career.
Cook is another overated player. He is going good at the moment because he has SPEED , without that his game has very very little to offer.
As far as best all time Backdoor Benny was as good as any. He revolutionized how hookers played , running ,kicking, fighting ,defending ,offloading, goal kicking,chip and chase,field goals(apart from 89) ,racking in the play the ball AND done all this while being brilliant at actually winning scrums against the feed far better then his opponents at the time like Walter's etc.
I'm sure Robbie was motivated a lot by what Benny had done in his career.

Tigerm

First Grade
Cook is another overated player. He is going good at the moment because he has SPEED , without that his game has very very little to offer.
As far as best all time Backdoor Benny was as good as any. He revolutionized how hookers played , running ,kicking, fighting ,defending ,offloading, goal kicking,chip and chase,field goals(apart from 89) ,racking in the play the ball AND done all this while being brilliant at actually winning scrums against the feed far better then his opponents at the time like Walter's etc.
I'm sure Robbie was motivated a lot by what Benny had done in his career.
I think it was based on the new NRL era, its a mine field to judge the best, isn't it. Ian Walsh comes to mind along with Benny. Different times, different rules.
I wonder how the current blokes would go playing in the old days? You would think someone would have put one (or two) on Smith to quiet him down:)
I agree with Buderus, but he would be up there, Cook is still young and may or may not get to the heights. There maybe better to come.

Last edited:

Perth Tiger

Bench
I still think that Sheens robbed Robbie of a Dally M medal in whichever year it was he came second. From memory he shifted Robbie to play halfback for the final 2 or 3 games of the season where he didn't get any points, but he was killing it that year from hooker and even in losing sides would of picked up enough points to win it.

leaguelegend21

Juniors
Robbie was more intrinisically talented than Smith, but Smith benefited from superior coaching and playing in better teams. If Farah was in the Storm system he would be the GOAT too.

Farah was far better than Buderus, but Danny achieved more success in his career which may skew peoples ability to judge.

Dufmack

Juniors
Robbie was more intrinisically talented than Smith, but Smith benefited from superior coaching and playing in better teams. If Farah was in the Storm system he would be the GOAT too.

Farah was far better than Buderus, but Danny achieved more success in his career which may skew peoples ability to judge.

I would agree however robbie would have got Bellamy fired early on.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Huge fan of Robbie, great player over many years.

I look forward to his coaching career.......

The naming of the Robbie Farah scoreboard.......

Give it a year he will miss it.

Robbie has more cheeky character than smith.

Craig Gower was the best passer of the ball ive ever seen.

Morgan is another good passer, but he’s finished on account of injury

Last edited:

Latest posts