What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robbie to Retire

From 06 to 09 he virtually carried the WT, I seriously doubt Cam Smith would of lasted as long as he has if he had to play in some of the rubbish teams RF played in.

Tigerm

First Grade
During the game last night one of the commentators said that it was Robbies 70th try (after he scored) in his 301 game, as a comparison Cam Smith has 44 tries in 401 games, of course he is a great goal kicker.
It all means didly squat, just an interesting stat to me.

leaguelegend21

Juniors
During the game last night one of the commentators said that it was Robbies 70th try (after he scored) in his 301 game, as a comparison Cam Smith has 44 tries in 401 games, of course he is a great goal kicker.
Robbie is the best attacking hooker it all time.

macnaz

Staff member
A quick couple of facts in regards to Robbie Farah .
He has been involved in 242 tries either by scoring or a try assists out of 301 games ( 70 tries and 172 try assists) , astonishingly really when you compare it to Cam Smith who has played a whopping 100 more games.
Cam Smith involved in 193 tries by scoring or try assists ( 45 tries and 145 try assists)

Tiger05

First Grade
^^^^
Those stats show how good he was. His best is better than Smith. Smith is a great goalkicker and his worst games are a lot better than Robbie's worst games.

Robbie has been a great player.

WA Tiger

Bench
Not Diddy squat..It means he’s a try scoring machine and is still scoring try’s regularly...Take us to the promised land Robbie

WA Tiger

Bench
Hes also been given a leadership position in the team from Madge and the team have been told..Fkn listen to him..You can just see that the way he’s got the ball between plays and he decides who gets that ball on the next play and the pace of the game ...So there’s that calming influence and motivation ..he channeled that old time blond haired supporter what’s his name ? And got the whole team to read his plaque that said ...”when u have given every inch of your heart...then u can walk off the field happy” and how it applies to each player ...That’s points in the game right their that he won’t get credit for

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Laurie Nicholls ...Robbie is a man amongst boys with the pressure that’s coming up...He is essential for our getting into the 8 and further!

WA Tiger

Bench
I keep hearing about this Potter guy that Robbie Wronged in some way ..I don’t know a lot of that old stuff I wasn’t around then..Seriously ..Although I just remember bits of it..I’m guessing Robbie bad mouthed him out of the coaching position ...can u tell me was he a good coach..I mean I havnt seen his name around?

Tiger05

First Grade
I keep hearing about this Potter guy that Robbie Wronged in some way ..I don’t know a lot of that old stuff I wasn’t around then..Seriously ..Although I just remember bits of it..I’m guessing Robbie bad mouthed him out of the coaching position ...can u tell me was he a good coach..I mean I havnt seen his name around?

Who knows what really happened but apparently Robbie told Tallis that Potter couldn't coach. Tallis told all and sundry what was said. I reckon that this is just talking crap and things getting out of hand.

I have no idea if Potter was a terrible or a good coach. At one point he had 4 good forwards on the bench and we were looking good. It all fell apart around the Tallis/Robbie issue.

WA Tiger

Bench
Who knows what really happened but apparently Robbie told Tallis that Potter couldn't coach. Tallis told all and sundry what was said. I reckon that this is just talking crap and things getting out of hand.

I have no idea if Potter was a terrible or a good coach. At one point he had 4 good forwards on the bench and we were looking good. It all fell apart around the Tallis/Robbie issue.
That’s right I remember now ..Thanks.....Big mouth Tallis surely he knew that was sacred info ..It’s like when u borrow money u know u gotta pay it back or in Tallis case shut up so he can get more info in the future

Tiger05

First Grade
That’s right I remember now ..Thanks.....Big mouth Tallis surely he knew that was sacred info ..It’s like when u borrow money u know u gotta pay it back or in Tallis case shut up so he can get more info in the future

Imagine telling a mate as a sort of confidential joke or something like that and then it's all over the bloody news.

WA Tiger

Bench
Imagine telling a mate as a sort of confidential joke or something like that and then it's all over the bloody news.
I would have been in shock...Tallis would have just wanted to have the edge over other commentators when he blabbed he wouldn’t have thought of Robbie

WA Tiger

Bench
Just like on the field when he was a wild animal to get an edge ...until he came up against Jarrod McCracken the kiwi centre who had no fear for anyone ..that’s when he met his match in the test arena.That was a long time ago

Not the way he wanted to go but surely he must listen to some wiser heads.

The Tigers favourite is known for his huge pain threshhold but Nathan Gibbs, who worked with Farah when he played for NSW – and is currently overseeing the Wallabies – says he should walk away now and not risk suffering further complications with his leg.

The latest crack also sits near the same ACL Farah ruptured in 2004, then had issues with again in the opening month of the 2016 season.

"Bone fractures needs a minimum four to six weeks to heal, and bigger bones take long, and the tibia is a bigger bone,'' Gibbs told the Herald.

"It's also the main load-bearing bone and where the main body-weight pressure goes through.

"If Robbie did try to play on with a crack in his tibia, he then runs the risk of completely fracturing the bone.''
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ti...-broken-tibia-top-doctor-20190812-p52g9a.html
He got to 300,
He had his big night at Leichhardt,
He will be there for the Cronulla game but in the stands and hopefully his team mates can put a big final show on for him.

Young Liddle, its your jersey now.