What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robert Lui???

chunk

Juniors
What i'm saying, smart arse, is if you are supporting that Lui deserves a place in FG, then you havent been keeping an eye on him (not when he just gets the ball and hits the gap), or you simply know nothing about footy.. In other words....watch the f**king hack play and watch him look like a virgin in a brothel...

You know footy.

chunk

Juniors
When his attack scores more points than it concedes, I'll happily drop the criticisms of him.

But that has only happened maybe three times in his career.

FFS last night Moltzen made Lui look like a shithouse defender. Lui even fell off tackles when there were two players already tackling the ball carrier.

This is not just a technique issue.

He has no heart. No balls, No courage.

He's scared. He's fearful. He's a f**king softcock whimp.

People can bang on about other poor defenders in the game that are halves, but the point we've all been making is that Lui DOES NOT EVEN f**kING BOTHER TRYING TO MAKE TACKLES

Every other half in the game has a crack, even Sandow the Turnstile.

I'd rather Lui got dropped. If he has no confidence after 36 NRL games in just over 2 years, then he'll never have any.

F**cking soft c**k wimp....nice.

You reckon drop him, thats smart and replace him with who?

Come on Einstein, what elegant words of wisdom have you got?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
whats up your arse dickhead?

Lui looked ok last night, mostly because Marshall and Farah were doing all his major work in attack.

There was one set early when we were inside our 30 and he put in a kick.

Credit where its due, he can boot a ball a f**king long way.

But its pointless having a big boot in that situation and kicking it straight down the throat of the fullback, who can then run 20-30 metres before the defence gets to him.

I just wish his long kicks went to ground. It seems he was given the task, defensively, to run up quickly on the centres before they get the ball to try and shut down a play before it started.

Works well against Dragons because thats their only play.

Defensively though, he's inept.

Miller is a more complete halfback

chunk

Juniors
What, were they handing out Moderator responsibilities at the train station or something

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
what the f**k does being a moderator have to do with this discussion?

are you on the rag princess?

chunk

Juniors
Obviously any level of intelligence is not a requirement.

Can you speak without swearing?

Vicious

Bench
I can`t agree with bagging Lui. He was good last night and made a good contribution to our win.

Young blokes more often than not are a little tentative (or as some say faint hearted) and it takes time for them too toughen up and have the ability to want to hurt people when defending rather than just try and make a tackle so they don`t look silly.

Don`t forget what an ordinary defender Chris Lawrence was once apon a time, now he`d be very close to the best defensive centre in the game.
Believe me I`m a very harsh critic when players are faint hearted, but I `m positive Rob Lui will become a good defender once he toughens up mentally which isn`t real far away.
The way he runs the ball tells me he already has a certain element of toughness, the mental toughness when defending will come don`t worry about that.
Anyone who watched the u/20`s last night will tell you Jacob Miller also needs a lot of maturing before he will become a quality first grader, he will get there, but he`s a long way behind Lui at this stage.

Magpie Tragic

Juniors
I can`t agree with bagging Lui. He was good last night and made a good contribution to our win.

Young blokes more often than not are a little tentative (or as some say faint hearted) and it takes time for them too toughen up and have the ability to want to hurt people when defending rather than just try and make a tackle so they don`t look silly.

Don`t forget what an ordinary defender Chris Lawrence was once apon a time, now he`d be very close to the best defensive centre in the game.
Believe me I`m a very harsh critic when players are faint hearted, but I `m positive Rob Lui will become a good defender once he toughens up mentally which isn`t real far away.
The way he runs the ball tells me he already has a certain element of toughness, the mental toughness when defending will come don`t worry about that.
Anyone who watched the u/20`s last night will tell you Jacob Miller also needs a lot of maturing before he will become a quality first grader, he will get there, but he`s a long way behind Lui at this stage.

As a long time Lui bagger I must give credit where it's due....he did play well last night.

simmo1

First Grade
Last night he showed that he is capable of being a good halfback, and is worth persisting with.

Defence and consistency are the two biggest downfalls for a majority of young players in the NRL. Both improve with experience.

chunk

Juniors
Lui is a "Dopey f**king c**k"

Chunk, your a f**king d**k

There i did it for you, madunit.

Your so mad

leoc

Juniors
I am a critic of Lui but will say that I thought he had a better game last nite than I have seen since the finals last year. Not going to get carried away, want to see him repeat it next week. Still scares me in defence.

westie

Bench
Let's discuss why he was good rather than just assume he was good because everyone else played well. As pointed out, he kicked about once a half. He created no trys. He almost made a line break. He wasn't the left side, middle or right side play maker, so I'm not entirely sure what his role was. I liked him moving up quickly, but against a one dimensional defence, who couldn't do that.

DanOz

Juniors
Let's discuss why he was good rather than just assume he was good because everyone else played well. As pointed out, he kicked about once a half. He created no trys. He almost made a line break. He wasn't the left side, middle or right side play maker, so I'm not entirely sure what his role was. I liked him moving up quickly, but against a one dimensional defence, who couldn't do that.

He plays like a defensively inept line running lock forward that kicks 2-3 times per game.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Obviously any level of intelligence is not a requirement.

Can you speak without swearing?
so swearing is a sign of a lack of intelligence.
Again princess tell me what being a moderator has to do with this discussion?

Lui had a better game, although his defence is still lacking.. But for the first time, i thought it looked like he had a bit of confidence out there.

westie

Bench
It it just me... or is suggesting a guy had a better game because he didn't look lost and scared in one of the best and most brutal team performances a poor indicator of fg suitability?

Vicious

Bench
It it just me... or is suggesting a guy had a better game because he didn't look lost and scared in one of the best and most brutal team performances a poor indicator of fg suitability?

What are you expecting from him, 4 tries 4 line breaks and 4 try assists each game for it to be deemed acceptable?
He took on the line to keep them guessing, made some good decisions under pressure and kicked the ball quite well, he went just as well as most other halfbacks in the game, Thurston aside.

whats up your arse dickhead?

Lui looked ok last night, mostly because Marshall and Farah were doing all his major work in attack.

There was one set early when we were inside our 30 and he put in a kick.

Credit where its due, he can boot a ball a f**king long way.

But its pointless having a big boot in that situation and kicking it straight down the throat of the fullback, who can then run 20-30 metres before the defence gets to him.

I just wish his long kicks went to ground. It seems he was given the task, defensively, to run up quickly on the centres before they get the ball to try and shut down a play before it started.

Works well against Dragons because thats their only play.

Defensively though, he's inept.

Miller is a more complete halfback

I watched Miller closely in the 20's the other night. I know he was coming back from injury but he had a woeful game.

I like Miller but I think he may never have as many skills in attack as Lui has.

Millers defence in the 20's the other night was inept.

I think Sheens rates young Sironen but isn't sold on Miller. Miller may make it in the top grade but I would give him at least another full year in the 20's and maybe a full season of either QLD or NSW cup as well.

Sheens has a very high opinion of Lui and whilst I don't always think Sheens is right, I have a feeling that Lui will be a very good player. Obviously he needs a lot of work on defence but many other players have struggled in the first 2 years in defence in ther NRL.

I watched Miller closely in the 20's the other night. I know he was coming back from injury but he had a woeful game.

I like Miller but I think he may never have as many skills in attack as Lui has.

Millers defence in the 20's the other night was inept.

I think Sheens rates young Sironen but isn't sold on Miller. Miller may make it in the top grade but I would give him at least another full year in the 20's and maybe a full season of either QLD or NSW cup as well.

Sheens has a very high opinion of Lui and whilst I don't always think Sheens is right, I have a feeling that Lui will be a very good player. Obviously he needs a lot of work on defence but many other players have struggled in the first 2 years in defence in ther NRL.

Its not entirely his defence that i have a problem with.. Its his willingness to actually tackle.

Latest posts