What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robert Lui???

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I hope so.

I think Lui is the sort of player who needs a constant kick in the arse whenever his form turns to shit.

Hopefully he is dropped, Miller plays great, we get a good win and Miller stays at halfback for a few games. Make Lui prove he should be there and once he has, let him walk back into the 7 jumper if Miller and Marshall hasn't worked out or been consistent.

The Gambler

Juniors
Yeh, Lui has been poor for a while now and I can't argue against him being dropped. What I would have an issue with is if Moltzen took the spot, because he is no more deserving. Miller on the other hand, can have a crack.

leoc

Juniors
Funny how the dragons thought enough of Moltz yet he can't get a run past the painful Lui at the Tigers

leoc

Juniors
You are confused!! He's a turnstile and creates doubt only in his head and his team mates. He caught a ball and made a little run to the try line, doesn't mean he had a good game!!

macnaz

Staff member
You are confused!! He's a turnstile and creates doubt only in his head and his team mates. He caught a ball and made a little run to the try line, doesn't mean he had a good game!!
spot on !!

TYGA

Juniors
Lui had a good game???????
He missed 8 tackles and every time they made a bust he missed the tackle or did not close the gap.

Sorry champ his time is well and truly gone unless he can find form in reserves or elsewhere.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
He had a better game than half his mates did. however, he is not an organising halfback and that is what the tigers need. He's a 5/8 playing inside another 5/8 in Marshall. That's where a lot of the f**kups are coming from.

R2Coupe

Juniors
He had a better game than half his mates did. however, he is not an organising halfback and that is what the tigers need. He's a 5/8 playing inside another 5/8 in Marshall. That's where a lot of the f**kups are coming from.

Correct.

Tigerm

First Grade
So if Moltzen is gone? Then next year, we have:

Lui (21yo) goes to Bronco's, is he going??

Then we have, Miller (19yo) & a reserve??

All ready I am worried about next year?

boonboon

Juniors
thought Lui had his best game this year tonight , he took on the line and busted it a couple of times and generally looked dangerous in attack for the first time in ages , he had some defensive misses but it seemed he covered them better and tried harder , I think the defensive set up helped him too. He wasnt perfect but no one was it seemed everything they tried worked and nothing we tried worked - it seemed to me that if that game was played 100 times then 90 of them we would win - we had about 7 chances that were 1 bitn of luck off being tries they scored 3 tries and 2 of those were really lucky and other then that they didnt look like scoring

ShanghaiCharlie

Juniors
thought Lui had his best game this year tonight , he took on the line and busted it a couple of times and generally looked dangerous in attack for the first time in ages , he had some defensive misses but it seemed he covered them better and tried harder , I think the defensive set up helped him too. He wasnt perfect but no one was it seemed everything they tried worked and nothing we tried worked - it seemed to me that if that game was played 100 times then 90 of them we would win - we had about 7 chances that were 1 bitn of luck off being tries they scored 3 tries and 2 of those were really lucky and other then that they didnt look like scoring

Yes, he busted through twice as a result of weak tackles but his defence is an embarrassment and his organisational ability is non existant. Watch the Eels first try and watch his reaction once he hits the ground and watches the Eels player stroll straight past. Watch the game a bit closer and you might rethink how well his defensive misses were covered up and how much 'harder' he tried. It's the same crap this gutless pussy has been dishing up in defense all year.

Tigerm

First Grade
Hold on, you cant have it all ways. he is the half back, (not the organising, the defensive or the attacking), just the half back. He has to adapt.
You would need Prince back to overide our 9 & 6? Certainly don't blame him for tonight's disaster.
I did think he had a better game in defence (though still with work to do), but we lacked direction in attack IMO.
We seem to only have a kicking game to the try line (that is predictable) at the moment, not sure why?