What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robert Lui???

b.bear

Juniors
Lui's only real problem is fear. He is filled with it. Every player in the game knows it.

I hope he goes to Brisbane next year, he'll do well there. He's just wasting our time and his by staying here.

So far I've heard that the following players are/will be gone next year
McKinnon (England)
Ryan (Penrith)
Fulton (Sharks)
Gibbs (Sharks)
Fifita (Sharks)
Heighington (Penrith)
Daniela (Brisbane)
Liu (Brisbane/Souths)
Moltzen (Sharks)
and possibly one more (Brisbane)

Dump em all and start focussing on next season, lets face it, this one's f**ked.

And they will probably go a lot better in their new environment..

the only problem we will have is our idiot coach still draining the skills and drive of the players we have left...

andrew9148

Juniors
THe only ones definitely going so far are Gibbs, Fifita, Mckinnon.

Both Fulton and Heighington have been reported as saying they are staying.

ShanghaiCharlie

Juniors
Lui is embarrassingly out of his depth. Enough is enough. It's time to put him out of his misery. Ranks alongside Daniel Mortimer and Tulsen Tollett.

I'd take John Morris back in a heartbeat over Lui.
Give the job to Miller for the rest of the season and see what he can do.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lui constantly runs at the ball, not the man in defence. He rushes up, looks to get in the way of a pass to a player, and he is either too slow and creates a yawning gap, or they throw a cut out and he creates a yawning gap on the inside.

He's been doing this since his debut.

He's about the 4th or 5th best halfback option at the club right now to be perfectly honest.

Miller
Moltzen
Fulton
Farah (Fulton/Ndaira at hooker)

should all be well ahead of him.

leoc

Juniors
I think the club will make another complete c**k up if they release Hino. Has been playing as well as anyone else at the club and is one of the few that actually plays with aggression. Lui, I've been for weeks if not longer that at best he should be dropped to the lower grades to find himself. Personally he should be dropped to another club and become a distant memory...

pk76

Juniors
Couldn't have said it any better myself.

I remberer at game at Leichhardt Oval last year were the crowd around me was giving Robert Lui heaps. When I pointed out that he was only 20 and could still be playing in the 20's they were taken aback, they seem to think he was 25. This match was well before his off field drama, we seem to have a section of the crowd that have never liked Robert Lui for some reason.

For mine he is currently the best half we have and I still think will devlop into an elite NRL halfback, I don't think Moltzen will get to the same level.

My tip is young Miller may also turn out to be an elite NRL halfback.

I for one would like to keep both Robert Lui and Jacob Miller for at least the next 2-3 years.

An eels fan here.

I went to Leichhardt for the first time last year and I also heard lots of fans giving Lui hard time. My tigers friend reckons because Lui looks older than he is, people assume that he should be better/experienced.

From a neutral point of view, he does have potential.

ShanghaiCharlie

Juniors
He doesn't have potential.. Can't tackle, can't kick, doesn't hustle... Goodbye..

I feel for the guy. Sheens made the call when Lui was 18 that he was ready for first grade and has persisted with him to the point where he has absolutely zero confidence now in himself and from the players around him. In my opinion, quite simply, Sheens made a gross error in judgement and it has cost Lui his career. He wasn't ready when thrown to the wolves. He cannot bounce back from where he is now.

I feel for the guy. Sheens made the call when Lui was 18 that he was ready for first grade and has persisted with him to the point where he has absolutely zero confidence now in himself and from the players around him. In my opinion, quite simply, Sheens made a gross error in judgement and it has cost Lui his career. He wasn't ready when thrown to the wolves. He cannot bounce back from where he is now.

Lui is just lazy...simple as that.... Lazy Lui...

And what would a good coach do about that?

Soward always looked scared to me when at Easts.

Like Lui, always had everyone saying how good he was and how good he was going to be http://www.rleague.com/content/article.php?id=39533

Perhaps the best coach ever !!! has turned this guy into the player he is today.

I said in another thread that I'd love to see Matty Johns coach the Tigers perhaps we could invite him to Concord to have a few sessions with Lui as I have this feeling that if he moves on, he will return to hurt the Tigers.

To many good commentators, not the hacks in the press but former players talk up his ability, can they all be wrong?

Tigerm

First Grade
And what would a good coach do about that?

Soward always looked scared to me when at Easts.

Like Lui, always had everyone saying how good he was and how good he was going to be http://www.rleague.com/content/article.php?id=39533

Perhaps the best coach ever !!! has turned this guy into the player he is today.

I said in another thread that I'd love to see Matty Johns coach the Tigers perhaps we could invite him to Concord to have a few sessions with Lui as I have this feeling that if he moves on, he will return to hurt the Tigers.
To many good commentators, not the hacks in the press but former players talk up his ability, can they all be wrong?
Unfortunately, you only need to look at his game to see that they probably are?
They certainly wouldn't be scrutinizing him as closely as this forum does & perhaps they would be a bit more forgiving on some things, maybe simply they are prepared to listen to the current coaching staff a bit more than they should?
I am sure he will improve, they all seem to, but his improveing shouldn't be in FG, this team cant afford to carry him, maybe when we get our backline back we can, but with them not there, it has shown him up.
TBH, I think it would be daunting for anyone to play in between Farah & Marshal.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lui's great kicking games have been in matches where our forwards had the better of the opposition, giving him plenty of room.

Further proving he is a traditional five-eighth who plays as a second receiver, so that he can have some time to prepare for kicks, plays etc.

Latest posts