ROLL CALL - Bankwest Stadium Opening April 22 - EELS v Tigers

Discussion in 'Parramatta Eels' started by TheParraboy, Feb 15, 2019.

1. T.S Quint

T.S Quint First Grade

Never mind. I have found out that parking at the hospital will now be unavailable. Apparently they are trying to ‘preserve the historic site and prevent damage’.
    I’m pretty pissed off about this.
    Like I said, I’ve been parking there for around 20 years and there’s never been a problem. I’ve never seen any damage done. All that means now is that the thousands of cars that had a place to park there will now have to find somewhere else to go, which in Parramatta is pretty much impossible. I know that the Government wants public transportation used but that’s just not an option for everybody.

I’m highly disappointed in this decision, and I will be writing to the NSW Government to air my grievances. Hopefully more people will do the same.

Eelementary likes this.
  2. Suitman

Suitman Immortal

Mate, parking in Parra isn't that big a deal.
    I understand that a convenient, comfortable parking spot for 20 years would be something that you'd like to keep. If it is now unavailable, there are other options.
    I've always parked in the side streets in North Parra. Always for free. Some game days are busy and it could get worse with a 10000 increase in capacity, but otherwise, just get there earlier in off street parking. 5-10 minute walk to the stadium which I'm happy with.

T.S Quint likes this.
  3. T.S Quint

T.S Quint First Grade

It seems I will have to investigate some other areas (which will now be harder to find with so many people pushed out of the hospital grounds) but it’s made life a lot less convenient for a great number of sports fans who may now choose not to attend events at the stadium because of this issue. I just think it’s a bit of a misguided decision from Health Infrastructure NSW to close the grounds.

Suitman likes this.
  4. Kornstar

Kornstar Coach

I'm more interested to see how they stop you parking there? There is no boom gate to the cumberland campus as i know NSW Health employees work in there and do not require a pass to get in. So if you got there early enough who would know why you are parking in there? I assume at some point during the afternoon they will put security or something but otherwise how will they stop people parking in there and why can workers park in there and not worry about it being "preserved" during work hours?

5. Gronk

Gronk Moderator Staff Member

Yeah I have always parked in Ross or Gross streets near the Rose n Crown. I know the closer I get to Doyle Ground, the bigger the crowd will be.

Suitman likes this.
  6. Eelogical

Eelogical Coach

Catch a f**king train......FFS!

7. emjaycee

emjaycee First Grade

I should have mentioned, we had the mini spring roll basket from the Asian stand and it was easy fresh and pretty decent (8 mini spring rolls for about $9.90 I think).

Suitman and Gazzamatta like this.
  8. emjaycee

emjaycee First Grade

We are getting the bus down Windsor Rd from Northmead/Winsto area. Will park in a side street and walk to a bus stop that will take us to corner of Grose and Church Sts and take about 10 mins only. Bus is free and they will be running every 5-8 mins so easy to get there and easy to get home.

Suitman and I bleed blue & gold like this.
  9. TheParraboy

TheParraboy Moderator Staff Member

Is the Westfield there first 3hrs parking for free?

Would be only a 10-12min walk from there

10. TheParraboy

TheParraboy Moderator Staff Member

its free too

11. Eelogical

Eelogical Coach

If I was still living in the district I'd have driven to Sevo Stn, caught the train and walked it in down Eat St.

Suitman likes this.
  12. 84 Baby

84 Baby Coach

Um not only is it going to be worse with an extra 10000 seats but those 100s of cars that used Cumberland will also need to go somewhere

13. 84 Baby

84 Baby Coach

I’ve always found for arvo games, better to get off at Westmead and walk through park

Kornstar likes this.
  14. Eelogical

Eelogical Coach

Better chances of being molested?

15. T.S Quint

T.S Quint First Grade

There will apparently be some security at the entrances, but not sure what time they will be there from. Oh well, time to find a new place to park.

16. T.S Quint

T.S Quint First Grade

That’s all well and good for a day game on Easter Monday.
    But on a Friday night when I finish work at 6 and have to get to the game by 7:30, a train isn’t really feasible.

I’m coming from Balmain so would have to catch a bus and a train and then walk from the station (or catch another bus). Sometimes I’m fine with that, but other times it’s just easier to drive.
    When they get this Rozelle-Parramatta metro thing up and running it will be great for me.

Suitman and TheParraboy like this.
  17. hindy111

hindy111 Referee

Do you head down Parra rd? I will shout you a big mac if pick me up on the way.

Suitman likes this.
  18. Eelogical

Eelogical Coach

No ferries anymore?

JohnStoppafarty likes this.
  19. hindy111

hindy111 Referee

I plan to take an adult and sneak her in as a child.
    Is this going to work? It's a date and I do not want to tell her so she doesn't think I am cheap but also if she is rejected from being let in I will look silly.

20. IFR33K

IFR33K First Grade

I don’t like your chances mate, gronk comes across as a vegan.