What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rookie of the Year

Raider_69

Post Whore
Thurling would be the pick from canberra so far, to be honest i cant think of a rookie who has really stepped up and shone as yet... still plenty of time left but Boyd, Thurling and Scott from the cowboys if he is eligable

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Burns only played one game last year, so hes still eligible for this year, Hes done well for Manly.

Garts

Bench
by rookie they mean when you play 1st grade for the first time. so he is a rookie!!!! nothing to do with age.

freeridermx

Juniors
burns and douglas are way in front of the rest of the pack atm.
matt scott made his debut in 2004 played 1 game then 3 or 4 last year so dont think he`ll be able to win not to sure on the rule.

Garts

Bench
wittyfan said:
Well, how many over the age of 21 have been named Rookie of the Year???

farked if I know and I dont care. Does not change the fact that he is eligible and at the moment he is a chance of winning it.

You do realise that the average age of a person that makes their first grade debut is 21/22?

bowen_1

Juniors
Matthew Scott. I think the rule is you can play 5 FG games before the start of the current season to be considered a rookie. I'm not 100% sure tho. But if Scott qualifies, surely he's a shoo-in.

Billybob

Juniors
actually made his debut off the bench and then did his knee and never played again until this year

and i thought the guideline for rookie of the year is that you have to of started (not from the bench) a game and at least had more then one game

wittyfan

Referee
Garts said:
farked if I know and I dont care. Does not change the fact that he is eligible and at the moment he is a chance of winning it.

He won't win it so there's no point in further argument!

Garts

Bench
wittyfan said:
He won't win it so there's no point in further argument!

on the balance of probability he probably wont. but he is going ok at the moment!!!

Inferno

Coach
wittyfan said:
Well, how many over the age of 21 have been named Rookie of the Year???

Surely you jest wittyfan, don't tell me you forgot how old the sharks rookie of the year last year was did you?

Douglas for sure.

An outstanding prop, plays well above his age and is only 19.

the most important fact is we've got him for at least 2 more years :D

Mal Meninga

Bench
jason taylor said:
I think Purtell is playing well
Purtell should be put back to jersey flegg to learn how to catch a bomb.

I'll say the front runners are Scott, Douglas, and Burns, with Thurling not far behind.

AsPiRiNg YoUtH

Juniors
Darius Boyd has really impressed me.

Is Alan Tongue a rookie? If so he is also amazing. And the Fullback from the Tigers that filled Hodgsons place was great as well.

Inferno

Coach
Jono078 said:
How about Kevin Kingston? I've been pretty impressed by him..

Still a relative newcomer, but he made his debut in the last 5 or 6 games last year.

Latest posts