What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rookie of the Year

parra pete

Referee
bowen_1 said:
Matthew Scott. I think the rule is you can play 5 FG games before the start of the current season to be considered a rookie. I'm not 100% sure tho. But if Scott qualifies, surely he's a shoo-in.

Scott is a definite selection for Queensland SOO - Not a possible, a DEFINITE

Bumble

First Grade
AsPiRiNg YoUtH said:
Darius Boyd has really impressed me.

Is Alan Tongue a rookie? If so he is also amazing. And the Fullback from the Tigers that filled Hodgsons place was great as well.

Fullback from the Tigers is McDonnell, he is a rookie...Tounge has been in the NRL for a few seasons now, however..

Big Mick

Referee
I'll also throw in a bolter....

Paul Aiton.

He has been outstanding his first two games in the top grade.

AsPiRiNg YoUtH

Juniors
Bumble said:
Fullback from the Tigers is McDonnell, he is a rookie...Tounge has been in the NRL for a few seasons now, however..

Oh ok thanks for that! I remember McDonnell against the Eels and was thinking how they would lack without Hodgson, and boy i was surprised. A great player for the future.

Big Mick

Referee
Gavin Cooper
Matthew Scott
Travis Burns
Paul Aiton
Setaimeta Sa
Darius Boyd
Luke Douglas
Michael Gordon if he keeps his spot in First Grade
Michael Crockett
Nigel Plum (Eligible??)

choc_soldier

Coach
Big Mick © said:
I'll also throw in a bolter....

Paul Aiton.

He has been outstanding his first two games in the top grade.

Agreed. But he would be nothing but a bolter at this stage.

Nugby

Juniors
Probably Darius Boyd for mine, although Troy Thompson's been doing wonders for the Raiders as far as I've seen.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Nugby said:
Probably Darius Boyd for mine, although Troy Thompson's been doing wonders for the Raiders as far as I've seen.

:lol: first tongue, now thompson
both are almost stalwarts of the the club given the realative inexperience of the rest of our squad, both been around for awhile :lol:, granted both were rubbish previous to last season

William Zillman will be a chance if he gets enough game time, i doubt he will thou

Balmain_Boy

How has Zillman been going? I admittedly have not seen as much footy as I would liked to have this year.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Boyd would be my no1 pick, but I would not be surprised if it went to someone like Burns

Raider_69

Post Whore
Balmain_Boy said:
How has Zillman been going? I admittedly have not seen as much footy as I would liked to have this year.

ive actually been MIA from the last couple of weeks at canberra games, back into it next week, so i dont have much to report, but from what i hear he has been mostly solid in PL with an absolute blinder every 3 odd weeks. Looking forward to seeing him run around next week :cool:

Jono078 said:
Just wondering.. Is Brian Carney eligable for rookie of the year?

nope just like lyon wasn't eligable for esl rookie of the year. go richard whiting.

my pick will be sa or douglas. especially since sonny fai is injured.