What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roos: Mini out- Hunt in

bender

Juniors
While obviously Bowen is unlucky, Hunt is not that bad a choice. Bowen is absoulutely brilliant 9 times out of 10 but he does make one bad mistake one out of 10. And quite often, he makes the mistake in his own quarter and it leads to a try. Stuart seems to go with a dependable side that wont let him down rather than a brilliant side that can be prone to shockers.

Cooper beat Hodges, because Hodges has a tendency to play shockers. O'Donnell, Menzies, Civonoceva, O'Meley are all very dependable players. Clearly, Stuart is going to rely on Lockyer and Johns to create the brilliance and his big strong centres to run straight through the kiwis. The style of side picked is very similar to the big backline stuart used to upset Qld last year. Hunt was the best option for this style and he will cause some headaches for New Zealand.

Hunt's selection is a surprise, but really, if Inglis, Hornby, Wesser, Shifcofsky or any of the other suggestions were selected ahead of Bowen, it would have been just as controversial.

Mr Saab

Referee
GoTheBears said:
Lol, Trent "Consistently Brilliant at Origin level" Barrett, who will once again play awesome. Lockyer has been average at origin level last few years, your backline over rated and you forwards lack agression and talent since Webke went. Sure we wont have Johns but we probly will have 12 of the test team plus Minichello, thebest fullback in the game, come origin. I think we'll do allright.

QLD will be able to this time choose a backline. Inglis, Tate, Hodges, Bell, Slater just to name a few. In the past 3 yrs they have had no attack in the centres.
Bowman..good player, but not explosive
Berrigan..good player, but was shown up in origin.

gregstar

Referee
Mr Saab said:
QLD will be able to this time choose a backline. Inglis, Tate, Hodges, Bell, Slater just to name a few. In the past 3 yrs they have had no attack in the centres.
yes but who are the in form halves gonna be. you queery nsw half options, but what are qld's?

El Diablo

Post Whore
Mr Saab said:

lol

remind me of Hodges origin form

Tate :lol:

half those are untried at origin leval

Mr Saab

Referee
Thurston and Lockyer.
I have the upmost confidence in them. More so than what i would if it was Gower Barrett.
Barrett has always stepped up yes, but that was when he had Fittler and Johns as his partners. Now he has to be the dominant one and we shall see how he handles that

I don't have any major problems with Hunt wanting to play for Australia, but count me in with the group who thinks it's mad that he was picked here. Even ignoring Bowen (who definitely deserved the shot) I'd have thought there were a number of fullbacks in the NRL with greater claims than Hunt. I don't think it's really fair on Hunt either, who I don't think is ready for this kind of match.

Mr Saab

Referee
Yeah laugh. Rememeber Lockyers debut for Australia in 1998..pathetic. What happened after that? Short memory on Tate? Watch many Bronco games at the end of last yr? Tate was on fire. Course not...you were too busy pulling your schlong over Tim Smith....where is Tim Smith now? Playing like a busted.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Mr Saab said:
Yeah laugh. Rememeber Lockyers debut for Australia in 1998..pathetic. What happened after that? Short memory on Tate? Watch many Bronco games at the end of last yr? Course not...you were too busy pulling your schlong over Tim Smith....where is Tim Smith now? Playing like a busted.

Seymour :lol:

gregstar

Referee
Mr Saab said:
Thurston and Lockyer.
I have the upmost confidence in them. More so than what i would if it was Gower Barrett.
Barrett has always stepped up yes, but that was when he had Fittler and Johns as his partners. Now he has to be the dominant one and we shall see how he handles that

thurston is a good player no doubt, but this will be a massive test for him.
lockyer has yet to show form. he is yet to show form comparable to any of his performances from at least 3 years ago. he is struggling badly. you're gonna have one inexperienced halfback & one severely out of form 5/8 charlie. they're no better off than the blues except that the blues have more options.

Mr Saab

Referee
What about him? He has been dumped. The coach showed some backbone and got rid of him. Tim is still in 1st grade and Parra are not winning.
Seymour is in the QLD cup and Brisbane are winning...and you laugh?????

Mr Saab

Referee
gregstar said:
thurston is a good player no doubt, but this will be a massive test for him.
lockyer has yet to show form. he is yet to show form comparable to any of his performances from at least 3 years ago. he is struggling badly. you're gonna have one inexperienced halfback & one severely out of form 5/8 charlie. they're no better off than the blues except that the blues have more options.

I have confidence in Lockyer this yr. NSW are just not the same minus Johns.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Mr Saab said:
What about him? He has been dumped. The coach showed some backbone and got rid of him. Tim is still in 1st grade and Parra are not winning.
Seymour is in the QLD cup and Brisbane are winning...and you laugh?????

yes, i do :lol:

salivor

First Grade
El Diablo said:
yes, i do :lol:

Thats the spirit that's seen Parra not win a comp in 20 years! Enjoy another 15 winless ones with the so called "next sterling" lol.

Latest posts