What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters looking to kill rugby league in Australia

izzo

Juniors
For the Warriors

Jones (sore toe)
Tookey (strained gut)
beetham (chicken pox)

Edited by legend to save Izzo's hide! :evil:

Dragon Fanatic

Juniors
Bloody hell, I can't people calling Rugby League a business! It's a GAME! For gods sake. Franchises and all that bull are all americanised crap. Mr Rooster Phil Gould himself even agrees with me, but becauses its his roosters he can make an exception. This makes me infuriated at the way people see a sport as a business. Do the Roosters realise that if they "protect their own club" they wont have anybody to bloody well play against! The roosters need to realise the affect this court case will have on the game and could very well kill it off.

The Roosters are being crucified because they are challenging something which is illegal yet the clubs who turned their back on the ARL to join sewer league simply to feather their own nests are clear of conscience? You people are kidding. Don't ever let me hear a Cronulla, Canterbury, Penrith, Brisbane, Nth QLD, Canberra or Warriors fan accuse the Roosters of acting in their own interests. As I said most of you fools are f$%#ing hypocrites and stupid ones at that!

Ron Jeremy

Coach
First of all i feel what the Roosters are doing is arrogence of the higest degree.....they where einvited into a competition and where expected to play by there rules....they chose to differ!!

Now...in saying all of this...if The Roosters did procead & are victorious in there quest that will be great news for them or will it??.....just remember bigger, stronger & alot more supported clubs are in the NRL eg Parramatta, Canterbury, Brisbane, Penrith etc!....this will only make them more stronger also....the Roosters may not be thinking this through as it won't take much for there supporters to disappear again just like the good old days at Henson park in front of 2-3,000!!...if they would to have a couple of bad years they will be way before the 8 ball and i feel they could revist those glory days of the late 80's!!, wher as clubs like Parra, Canterbury & Brisbane will always be better supported then the Roosters due to locality, juniors & population, they can afford to be unsuccesfull for a number of years as they will still get a guarenteed 10,000 + average home crowd with a terrific Leagues club to back it up....the Roosters on the other hand well??....

Razor

Coach
they where einvited into a competition and where expected to play by there rules....they chose to differ!!

Broncos?
Canberra?
Cronulla?
Bulldogs?
North QLD?
Warriors?
Penrith?

Hurriflatch

Referee
NRL wasn't created untill 1998.

before that the ARL rsan the comp while that doesn't excuse what the SL teams did the rules were different then with things like the cap not enforced as well as it is now.

innsaneink

Referee
A good solution someone else came up with is for ALL fans opposed to what the roosters are doing, is to boycott your teams away game against the Roosters....when u play em at Aussie.......they will feel it after a full season with just there own 5,000-6,000 strong home crowd.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Razor said:
they where einvited into a competition and where expected to play by there rules....they chose to differ!!

Broncos?
Canberra?
Cronulla?
Bulldogs?
North QLD?
Warriors?
Penrith?

Roosters??....in relation to Super League...i think the clubs that joined learn't alot & RL in general learnt alot...The Roosters didn't learn a thing.

Jealousy brings out the worst in most people and it's on display in a very big way here today. As far as I'm concerned if the weaker clubs die then so be it. It's not up to the Roosters to prop up badly run clubs!

Hurriflatch

Referee
yet when the Roosters wern't a strong club they exepect the then strong clubs to prop them up.

you just keep digging the hole deeper.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Rooster Cogburn. said:
Jealousy brings out the worst in most people and it's on display in a very big way here today. As far as I'm concerned if the weaker clubs die then so be it. It's not up to the Roosters to prop up badly run clubs!

I think your missing the point!, if the Roosters where to win the case then other clubs eg Cantebury, Parra & Canterbury will be in just as stronger position if not more then the Roosters.....it will not only affect the weaker clubs but the "Well run Clubs' eg Parra & Penrith will be looking to spend some of those millions more that there Leagues clubs & large junior/supporter bases it has!!

Just because a club doesn't win a premiership doesn't mean it's run bad??

Nook

Bench
If they proceed with this folly, the response is simple.

Away team fans boycott Roosters home games.

It would demonstrate the unity of the rest of the clubs, and do some damage to the thing that the Roosters seem to care about most -the hip pocket. Give them a preview of the crowds to come in a Salary Cap free comp, i say.

Latest posts