What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters looking to kill rugby league in Australia

SirShire

First Grade
Rooster Cogburn. said:
Hurriflatch said:
yet when the Roosters wern't a strong club they exepect the then strong clubs to prop them up.

you just keep digging the hole deeper.

The Roosters have always been financially strong. That is why they are the only club that has participated in every season since 1908! When I say a strong club I am talking about MONEY you fool. Do me a favour and grow a brain. :lol:

I'd bet my left nut that most people in this forum would prefer to see a working man's club with heart and soul like Newtorn or Souths play in every season since 1908.

Its a sad day when you measure the strength of your club not by the quality of the team or the size of its supporters, but by the size of its cheque book.

t-ba

Post Whore
I know I'd rather see the Red and Black Brigade back...

The NRL has been presented with an unique opportunity. the opportunity to blacklist a club with no opportunity for growth and replace it with two clubs in two of Australia's fastest growing cities...

ozbash

Referee
The Front Row Forums - Rugby League Forum Index -> NRL
View previous topic :: View next topic
Jake the snake
Juniors

Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 6:18 am Post subject: The Sydney "Judas" Roo$ter$

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This club is trying to destroy our game by BETRAYING the other team, so they will be known as the Judas Roosters.
What does everyone think. Its a great name for the most hated club in the league and the logo could be a rooster head with a silver coin in its beak.

t-ba the hutt
Juniors

Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 6:29 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sweet. Manly gets to keep the Silvertails that way.

ozbash

Referee
View previous topic :: View next topic
Crippler
Juniors

Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 6:32 am Post subject: what long term benefit do the Roosters provide to the NRL?

1) They have no juniors
2) They require millionaire backers to keep them successful
3) If they werent in the comp we could have both Central Coast and Gold Coasts in the competition who have a huge nursery of juniors.
4) They spend $80000 on 16 year olds e.g. Alberyt Hopoate from Wests to get them as part of their "development squad".
5) When they were crap for all those years in the 90s they simply made up the numbers in the competion and it required a super league war to get Fittler to the club and the results of Super league and the rationalisation of the competition and therefore exclusion of South Sydney got Craig Wing to the club who virtually won them the comp in 2002.

If we got rid of them the following would happen

1) No juniors will be effected and the very few the roosters have will go to south sydney.
2) you may lose 10000 to 12000 roosters fans forever from the game but instead gain 32000 fans to the game through the Gold coast and Central coast teams.

sorry guys but we have a bandwidth quota we must adhere to.
there are already 4-5 threads on this topic and the ones i have deleted are just there for the abuse factor...

bloody good row though :D

innsaneink said:
Nook said:
If they proceed with this folly, the response is simple.

Away team fans boycott Roosters home games.

It would demonstrate the unity of the rest of the clubs, and do some damage to the thing that the Roosters seem to care about most -the hip pocket. Give them a preview of the crowds to come in a Salary Cap free comp, i say.

Spot on...boycott your 1 away game versus the Goosters...your team wont miss you for 1 week.....they'll already be pumped enough to give these show ponies a hammering!!!!

Agree - something has to be done to stop these bastards.

This is a blatant attack on our weaker clubs and an attack on one of us is an attack on all of us!

These guys make Manly look benevolent!

Botcott the bastards!

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Its all smoke and mirrors from the rorters.

They want everyone to think they are angry about the salary cap but in reality they don't really care because they don't really have one.

Here's the list of companies and products I'll be avoiding like the plague.

Western Union
Keno
Maxum
City Ford
Crazy John's
Easts Leagues
Bartercard
Gatorad
TrendWest
X-Box
4mation Technologies
Advance Allsupplies
Bell Potter Stockbrokers
BSc Body Science
Gee Whiz for Kids
HAS-A-BIN
Hunt Pacific Finance
JPB Mortgage Group
L.J. Hooker Kingsgrove
Matilda Roofing
Mediatel Services
Monarch Pool Systems
Mortgage Choice Randwick
Premier Catering Supplies
Private Universe
Scope Information Technology
Seascape Landscapes
Southbeat Entertainment Group
Sydney City Chiropractic
Toddo And Mas
Tropicana Cafe Coogee
V-Corp Construction
What's the Matta Plumbing Service
Sydney Gay & Lesbian Mardi-Gra

Zef

Juniors
I know a lot of folk are worried that if this thing ends up in court and upheld, then it means The Roosters are gonna dominate the comp for the next 10 years or so.

Well fear not, because they won't. The Dogs have much more cash up their sleeves than The Roosters - we've got all that old Oasis $$$ stashed away somewhere. And the first thing we're gonna do if the SC is scrapped, is buy us some of them Roosters - Wing and Morley will do, maybe a few more just because we can.

Give The Dogs an open market and we'll own it. Won't be much fun for rest of you's though.

gaterooze

Bench
What if the NRL called the Gooster's bluff? E.g. drop the Salary Cap altogether and put an NFL-like draft system in.

That's been on the cards anyway. Would be interesting.

Or shift to a point system -- players assigned 'points' (decided by an independant panel) up to a maximum for the club, and a player's points can be reduced for each year they've been at the club (through the Juniors and beyond) so clubs can keep more of their Juniors. The Rooster's could buy whoever they want then, but they'd only be able to field half a team.

I'm just rambling and don't pretend to know the in-depth workings of this stuff...

I know the Roosters are just trying it on and tossing threats, but it's pretty arrogant.

You're scum AND YOU KNOW YOU ARE

Other teams (wrongly) voted in favour of increasing the the cap but the majority rejected it. The dissenting clubs accepted and moved on.

What do the Roosters do? Threaten legal action!

DIE ROOSTER SCUM DIE DIE DIE!!!!!!

Dragon Fanatic

Juniors
HOW DUMB ARE YOU BLOODY GOOSTERS! If you take the NRL to court the cap will be deemed illegal and will be forced to be abolished. Get it through your thick skulls!

Latest posts