What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters looking to kill rugby league in Australia

El Diablo

Post Whore
It's not all their sponsors fault and I don't think they can do much about it. A few of these sponsor probably do a few teams.

Since X-Box is on the list, can we black-list Microsoft?

I was looking at a house from LJ Hooker the other day. Might give them a ring tomorrow and tell them I'm not interested anymore because of their involvment with the Roosters.

izzo

Juniors
They are not called East they are The Sydney Roosters they changed their name to try and act like they represent Sydney but all they are doing is representing their wallets.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Danish Moo Cow said:
Since X-Box is on the list, can we black-list Microsoft?

I was looking at a house from LJ Hooker the other day. Might give them a ring tomorrow and tell them I'm not interested anymore because of their involvment with the Roosters.

It's only one LJ Hookers that sponsor them by the looks of it and really what can they do about it?

izzo

Juniors
Quigs said:
izzo said:
fatshark said:
Here's the list of companies and products I'll be avoiding like the plague.

Western Union
Keno
Maxum
City Ford
Crazy John's
Easts Leagues
Bartercard
Gatorad
TrendWest
X-Box
4mation Technologies
Advance Allsupplies
Bell Potter Stockbrokers
BSc Body Science
Gee Whiz for Kids
HAS-A-BIN
Hunt Pacific Finance
JPB Mortgage Group
L.J. Hooker Kingsgrove
Matilda Roofing
Mediatel Services
Monarch Pool Systems
Mortgage Choice Randwick
Premier Catering Supplies
Private Universe
Scope Information Technology
Seascape Landscapes
Southbeat Entertainment Group
Sydney City Chiropractic
Toddo And Mas
Tropicana Cafe Coogee
V-Corp Construction
What's the Matta Plumbing Service
Sydney Gay & Lesbian Mardi-Gra

ME TOO

they can all kiss my ass except the mardi-gra bit

Gidday Izzo,

Ive just been on the Al Capone to me broker - I've sold me shares in 7 of the companies.......SELL SELL SELL, that's what me old mate Rene and I suggest.

Quigs

How much doe you get? enough to buy out the Roosters?

Matt23

Staff member
I'd have no probs boycotting there home game....dont most people already do that anyway? sh*t team, no fans (except cogburn & lemon).

Quigs

Immortal
izzo said:
Quigs said:
izzo said:
fatshark said:
Here's the list of companies and products I'll be avoiding like the plague.

Western Union
Keno
Maxum
City Ford
Crazy John's
Easts Leagues
Bartercard
Gatorad
TrendWest
X-Box
4mation Technologies
Advance Allsupplies
Bell Potter Stockbrokers
BSc Body Science
Gee Whiz for Kids
HAS-A-BIN
Hunt Pacific Finance
JPB Mortgage Group
L.J. Hooker Kingsgrove
Matilda Roofing
Mediatel Services
Monarch Pool Systems
Mortgage Choice Randwick
Premier Catering Supplies
Private Universe
Scope Information Technology
Seascape Landscapes
Southbeat Entertainment Group
Sydney City Chiropractic
Toddo And Mas
Tropicana Cafe Coogee
V-Corp Construction
What's the Matta Plumbing Service
Sydney Gay & Lesbian Mardi-Gra

ME TOO

they can all kiss my ass except the mardi-gra bit

Gidday Izzo,

Ive just been on the Al Capone to me broker - I've sold me shares in 7 of the companies.......SELL SELL SELL, that's what me old mate Rene and I suggest.

Quigs

How much doe you get? enough to buy out the Roosters?

Mate Ive got me arse hanging out of the back of me pants right now....but if I did have shares I would sell them.... But if I was the 2nd richest man in Australia and I had the doe to buy out the "Cocks" I would. Then I would transfer the franchise of club to its rightful place. What is the name of that treatment works on the way to La Parouse....That would be an ideal home ground for the sh*ts

Ive got a sneaky suspicion that the richest man already has some dibbs on the club they call the"Cocks"

Paullyboy

Coach
Im more than happy to boycott anything rooster, i just wish i lived closer right about now so i could have a 'chat' to some of the rooster big wigs

Paullyboy

Coach
This was my message to the roosters marketing team:

Congratulations, your club has just woken a giant known as the rugby league community.

The words BOYCOTT and ROOSTERS are going to collide in an almight embarrasment for your club

Enjoy your final year of financial success, it only has about 10 days left

Kaz

junior
Boycott the Roosters & you will affect your club as well, as they get a % of gate takings.

Paullyboy

Coach
just make up for it by buying an extra beer at your teams next home game. That simple. Im willing to do whatever it takes to make sure the roosters are finished in rugby league. First it seemed it was only the Raiders they went after, now they are going after the great game of rugby league id happily do WATEVER it took to make sure those people dont get a chance to damage the great game ever again

How tight do you think the security would have to be around these wankers at the moment though! Geez they would want about 50 guards a director

labinator

Juniors
well its not the players fault is it. I do not want to see anything happen to the league, and i dont think anything will happen

Kaz

junior
Will people boycott the Chooks when your team plays them at home.

I don't think so.

The place will be packed, just to see them play.

Matt23

Staff member
Yeah the stadiums will be packed, but it wont be to see them play...round 6 i cant wait :twisted:

Paullyboy

Coach
Only reason chooks would play in front of a full house is because people go to see the other team beat the roosters.

Labinator - i have nothing against the players (well actually i have a lot against a few of them, one Brett Finch (*cough* f**ken traitor wanker scum*cough*). It is the roosters boardroom who i think should be hiding at the moment.

labinator

Juniors
well as i said in another post, my opinion is starting to change on the matter. I am getting quite upset and dissapointed in what my club is doing, however, i dont think the issue will go much further, as i along with many other roosters fans appossing the issue will hopefully let the club and its board know how we feel. My gut feeling though is that nothing further will eventuate

Rohan

Juniors
The main purpose of the salary cap (amongst many others) is to ensure that there is parity and fairness within the league itself to protect those clubs who may not be fortunate enough to have a rich benefactor (such as Nick Politis) and give them an opportunity to compete on an equal basis.

Phil Gould has been rubbishing the salary cap in his newspaper article and on Channel 9 for the last year (when was this criticism before the Roosters were successful?), however I am yet to hear a better alternative system proposed from him.

Should the salary cap be abolished we may see a situation such as the one in major league baseball in the US where the New York Yankees have a massive payroll of $US 156,948,945 whilst smaller teams such as the Tampa Bay Devil Rays and Toronto Blue Jays have a payroll of
$US 18,730,000 and $US 27,523,500 respectively. (source:http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/teams/salaries?team=nyy)

This is obviously not the best outcome when one team (the Yankees) dominates and either wins or comes second each and every year. I personally follow baseball and can say that American fans do not enjoy seeing this happen. It would be a disgrace if it occured in Australia.

The salary cap is not perfect but each team has to work within the confines of the system exactly the same way.

If the Roosters want to scrap the current system perhaps they should propose a better alternative that will work and avoid the situation that has occured in baseball instead of bitching and moaning at every opportunity.

goldcoastpunk

Juniors
MY EMAIL TO THE ROOSTERS

First of all let me start off by saying i am a 16 year old who has played the greatest game of all for all my life, i am a diehard fan of the raiders and also rugbyleague in general and i keenly follow the NRL, the ESL and not a day goes by in my life that i dont browse various websites reading up to the minute information on rugby league in any way shape or form. Although i support the Raiders and i am a self confessed Rooster hater it hurts me that a club with such a long tradition (my grandfather played for Easts) continually shuns the intersests of League in order to benefit themselves. What your so called club is planning on doing is dispicable. The planned court case is not only selfish it is heartless and a kick in the teeth to rugby league. While im not all that used to seeing your money grabbing, latte sipping club uphold morals and do anything benificial to rugby league, this latest charade is absolute crap. Plain and simple, an NRL competition right now without a salary cap would be the end of rugby league. Pull your heads out, restore some long lost pride to your club and put the interests of the greatest game of all first.

Strewth!!! i thought i hated the cox b4!!!! I think the only thing the roosters could do to make me hate them more now is sign Osama....

XXXX

Juniors
When I lived in Sydney and supported the Roosters (because I lived there) everybody liked Easts and everyone hated Manly .Manly must be laughing it's tits off.