What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters looking to kill rugby league in Australia

eastsrule

Bench
How will the Roosters die if they go to court?

The Roosters would most probably win the case.

And if the cap were abolished, that opens the door to the Bulldogs to sue the NRL for stripping their points in 2002. :shock:

Dragon Fanatic

Juniors
Eastsrule, They wouldnt sue.
And if they got the cap abolished the Roosters licence expires in 2005. So the Nrl will be singing bye bye Roosters Cry!

eastsrule

Bench
What makes you think the NRL would abolish the Roosters who are a successful team, are highly sponsored and deliver good ratings?

There is no guarantee the rorters would win the court case. Just like there was no guarantee OJ Simpson would be found guilty. Anything can happen in a court room. So lets say the rorters win the first round, the NRL appeals, wins. Rorters appeal win...and so it goes until 2005 when the rorters license is not renewed...and all the fans of this great game rejoice because the rorters are gone!

Marduk

Juniors
I'd love to see the back of those scumbags, so kick'em out!

What they are intending on doing is well below the belt.

:x

Alan Shore

First Grade
eastsrule said:
What makes you think the NRL would abolish the Roosters who are a successful team, are highly sponsored and deliver good ratings?

Why? Perhaps because they're trying to destroy the comp?

No fans, no juniors.

Solutions to the Roosters problem:

1. Agree to drop the cap, don't renew their license in 2005 and reintroduce the cap, so all happy. It's not like anybody would care if the Rorters went!

2. Report the Sydney Roosters DRLFC to the ACCC for anti-competitive practices and having a monopoly on the NRL

3. MASS RIOTS AT EASTS LEAGUES!

Quigs

Immortal
Well I never did have much of a place in me League heart for the Eastern Suburbs "Cocks".

But with this latest brilliant move of arrogance, mightier than thou, stuff the others attitude of the "COCKS", all now know how they function.....
Onto the carpet and prey to the mighty $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$'s.
Stuff the game and all who sail in her.

HG and Roy summed em up perfectly during their last broadcast of the GF. The tri colours are now along with Brisbane the most hated teams in rugby league. Especially with Manly now being broke.

HEAR, HEAR, HG AND ROY, QUIGS IS WITH YOU BRO'S

fatshark

Bench
Here's the list of companies and products I'll be avoiding like the plague.

Western Union
Keno
Maxum
City Ford
Crazy John's
Easts Leagues
Bartercard
Gatorad
TrendWest
X-Box
4mation Technologies
Advance Allsupplies
Bell Potter Stockbrokers
BSc Body Science
Gee Whiz for Kids
HAS-A-BIN
Hunt Pacific Finance
JPB Mortgage Group
L.J. Hooker Kingsgrove
Matilda Roofing
Mediatel Services
Monarch Pool Systems
Mortgage Choice Randwick
Premier Catering Supplies
Private Universe
Scope Information Technology
Seascape Landscapes
Southbeat Entertainment Group
Sydney City Chiropractic
Toddo And Mas
Tropicana Cafe Coogee
V-Corp Construction
What's the Matta Plumbing Service
Sydney Gay & Lesbian Mardi-Gra

ME TOO

TinghaInMotion

Juniors
Rooster Cogburn. said:
So the big, bad Roosters are threatening legal action! How dare they, the arrogance of them. How dare they look after their own interests, How dare they protect their club and How dare they invest in their own future.
I have never come across a profit making organisation that doesn't look after it's own interests.
We should all get one thing straight here. The Salary cap IS a restraint of trade, The NRL has even admitted as much. Anyone who calls the Roosters arrogant are wrong. It's the NRL that is arrogant. How dare they tell clubs how much money they can spend on players. It would be like telling Rupert Murdoch that he can't spend $500 million buying a newspaper company because Al Bronkawicz down the road only has $100 million and that would be unfair.
The NRL can avoid a court case by simply raising the cap for season 2005. It's up to them. And for all of you fools out there who are calling for the Roosters head, wake up to yourself. Easts shouldn't and won't feel responsible for any other club other than their own and why should they.
Did St George and Souths or Manly and Parramatta or Brisbane give a rat's arse about the Roosters when they were top of the pile? Of course they didn't. Denis Fitzgerald is critical of anything the Roosters do because he's jealous of them and for Steve "Turdy" Mortimer to be critical of the Roosters is laughable! It would be like Saddam Hussein taking someone to task over human rights issues.
As far as the Roosters developing our own juniors goes then it's a bit difficult when SG Ball in his capacity as president of the NSWRL gave his beloved Souths most of Easts rightful areas back in the 50's. Maybe the NRL should right the ship and give Easts back suburbs like Randwick and Coogee, then The Roosters will be able to develop more local juniors and quite rightly call them their own. As it stands the borders are ridiculously unfair.
News Ltd and it's lackey journos have put the boot into Easts for it's stance but those of us who are over 15 can well remember that it was Murdoch and his News Ltd who tried to destroy the competition back in the 90's. Where was their regard for struggling clubs when the war started? For them to wax lyrical about player payment restrictions is mind blowing.
How would News have gone if they had to operate under a salary cap when they were recruiting for Sewer League. I can picture them now saying to Brad Clyde and Ricky Stuart, "Sorry guys we can only offer you $50,000 to come over to us, It's because of the cap you know!".
So all of you who want to attack the Roosters and thousands of you will, do so at the risk of your own hypocricy. Easts WILL WIN this case if it goes to court and if the NRL has half a brain they will bite the bullet and do the right and proper thing by raising the Salary Cap for season 2005. The ball is in david Gallop's court!

listen pal..you are a dill

yes clubs must look after themselves but not at the expense of others. Clubs should work together in the interest of taking the game of League forward not fight amongst each other. This would result in a 5 team comp that no one gives a rats about, as many have pointed out already. The real competition is Union and AFL.

If the people at the Rooters took a long term view they would realise that a strong, healthy even competion with as many teams as possible will result in higher revenues through tv deals, gate takings and sponsorship. Therefore allowing the cap to raised when it is affordable for all clubs not just one or two wingers.

if anyone wants to make a complaint to the rooters here is the link
http://www.sydneyroosters.com.au/contactus/marketingdepartment.php

AdamH

Juniors
Rooster Cogburn. said:
I'd be nervous if I was you, because if the cap is scrapped and we have an open player market that crap club of yours will be in deep sh1t. :shock: :lol:

This comment sort of sums up the Roosters, doesn't it

Marduk

Juniors
I'll keep using/buying XBOX products. Even the Roosters couldn't turn me off video games. :)

izzo

Juniors
fatshark said:

Western Union
Keno
Maxum
City Ford
Crazy John's
Easts Leagues
Bartercard
Gatorad
TrendWest
X-Box
4mation Technologies
Advance Allsupplies
Bell Potter Stockbrokers
BSc Body Science
Gee Whiz for Kids
HAS-A-BIN
Hunt Pacific Finance
JPB Mortgage Group
L.J. Hooker Kingsgrove
Matilda Roofing
Mediatel Services
Monarch Pool Systems
Mortgage Choice Randwick
Private Universe
Seascape Landscapes
Sydney City Chiropractic
Toddo And Mas
Tropicana Cafe Coogee
V-Corp Construction

ME TOO

they can all kiss my ass except the mardi-gra bit

Quigs

Immortal
izzo said:
fatshark said:

Western Union
Keno
Maxum
City Ford
Crazy John's
Easts Leagues
Bartercard
Gatorad
TrendWest
X-Box
4mation Technologies
Advance Allsupplies
Bell Potter Stockbrokers
BSc Body Science
Gee Whiz for Kids
HAS-A-BIN
Hunt Pacific Finance
JPB Mortgage Group
L.J. Hooker Kingsgrove
Matilda Roofing
Mediatel Services
Monarch Pool Systems
Mortgage Choice Randwick
Private Universe
Seascape Landscapes
Sydney City Chiropractic
Toddo And Mas
Tropicana Cafe Coogee
V-Corp Construction

ME TOO

they can all kiss my ass except the mardi-gra bit

Gidday Izzo,

Ive just been on the Al Capone to me broker - I've sold me shares in 7 of the companies.......SELL SELL SELL, that's what me old mate Rene and I suggest.

Quigs

Latest posts