What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters name & logo

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Sorry to jump in your thread but yes. Maybe keep the "Sydney" tag as its near enough to Easts, but the logo has to go.

Maybe a stylised version of your old one is needed. My apologies to Tottenham, but it gives you the idea of what I recon you should use.

attachment.php

You could put whatever words you want in the ball, possibly "Easts to Win" and keep the name "Sydney". I think you should bang on about the 1908 thing too. Best asset your club has. , You could have a line drawing of the bridge or a boat or the opera house behind the chook too, would look good on a shield.

Retro is cool, cartoons are sh*t.

myrooster.jpg

(dodgy MSPaint mock up)

replace "SYDNEY ROOSTERS"
with "EASTERN SUBURBS"
(it doesn't need to say Roosters in our logo, I think the giant Rooster pretty much gives the general idea...)

and "1908-2008"
with just "1908"

and you have the best logo EVER.

Both are great ideas tbh. Either one would look awesome.

Goddo

Bench
Both are great ideas tbh. Either one would look awesome.

roosters_1967.jpg

This is the original Chook logo. Totenham had one fairly similar, but they redid it recently. They wanted to keep the same image to maintain heritage, but give theirs a fitter, sleeker, fighting chook look. Thats where I got the idea... but up to you guys, as you are the clubs fans

Nuke

Staff member
I'm not a Roosters supporter, but I am a supporter of tradition. That said, I am also a supporter of modernised-tradition (if that makes sense). An example of that is the Newcastle logo. It's an updated version of the logo they've had since day1.

Anyway, personally, I like the name 'Sydney City Roosters'. I know it's no 'Easts' or 'Eastern Suburbs', but it's still good. The 100 Years logo (or more to the point, the 2008 version of it which had 'Est.1908' at the bottom) would also be a great one to revive permanently. I thought they were going to do that anyway.

Nuke

Staff member
Alternatively, I've just been playing around with a combination of these two logos:
image.php
&
roosters_2007.jpg

... and come up with this:

SydCityRoosters.jpg

Again, this is kind of a modernising of a traditional logo. I'm not saying this is what they should go for, but just the idea of taking elements of previous logos (particularly traditional logos) and making something new.

Last edited:

adamkungl

Immortal
that last one is pretty awesome Nuke.
Most of the ideas in here sh*t all over the current one from great heights.

Lambretta

First Grade
I'd love for them to be called Eastern Suburbs again and to sport the tri-colours strip.

I like the tri colours strip

I wish that was our straight retro kit - rather than the 70's design.

They sold a tri-colours kit last year but it was covered in adverts and looked stupid. Keep them plain ffs.

Sell 1 x 70's retro and 1 x plain tri-colours retro in cotton - its a winner.

Oh and the reverse red tri colours kit should be consigned to the dustbin of history and never ever brought back.

Lambretta

First Grade
Alternatively, I've just been playing around with a combination of these two logos:

SydCityRoosters.jpg

Again, this is kind of a modernising of a traditional logo. I'm not saying this is what they should go for, but just the idea of taking elements of previous logos (particularly traditional logos) and making something new.

That's actually pretty good mate. Thanks for that.

The only Roosters Jersey I have is the away one from the 2000 season which is signed by the 2001 squad - white with the red and blue V design (my favourite Roosters kit of all time) and that had the running Rooster with the harbour bridge and Sydney City Roosters on it. Though I loved the kit I was never taken with the name - I thought the addition of "City" made it overly long. Sydney Roosters is fine.

But your design above is good and I like the fusion of the modern with the traditional. Sydney Roosters - est 1908 and the Rooster design is good.

Only thing is - we might get called the Red Roosters :lol: :?

I'm a redhead Roosters fan, I've copped Red Rooster all my life. :lol:
But hey, why not.
And Nuke, I'll second the praise on your logo effort there.
As said, I'd like to leave it until our club is back in order before bringing back the proud Eastern Suburbs name.

condochook

Juniors
image.php
&
roosters_2007.jpg

SydCityRoosters.jpg

geez i like that a real real lot

Dave Q

Coach
image.php
&
roosters_2007.jpg

SydCityRoosters.jpg

Not bad indeed

Im wondering whether you could set it upon a red, white and blue tricolour "V" in a simlar style to the NRL sargeant stripes.

But good effort as it is

Titanic

First Grade
Man, I hate those sergeant stripes, makes the logo look like some sort of retro bomb. That can be the commission's first job.... new NRL logo.

jpaciocco91

Juniors
Why not go back to Eastern Suburbs? Do you guys rep the city now as well, making it mandatory to have "Sydney"?

Man, I hate those sergeant stripes, makes the logo look like some sort of retro bomb. That can be the commission's first job.... new NRL logo.

On the actual NRL logo? I can't stand it.

Why not go back to Eastern Suburbs? Do you guys rep the city now as well, making it mandatory to have "Sydney"?

When we were first known as "Sydney Roosters" we were the only team to have "Sydney" in a team-name. Never know if it'll go back.

boo_boo

Juniors
100% agree. Roosters are synonymous with Bondi Maroubra etc (ie Eastern Suburbs) so why the heck not!?
Plus it was a tops logom, going back/to the 100 years logo would be a great move akin to the Bulldogs going back to their traditional styled logo as well as the Canterbury Bankstown moniker.

Bondi is East.
Maroubra is South East.
A traditional & loyal South Sydney junior club.

adamkungl

Immortal
Were Maroubra originally Souths or Easts. Location-wise they're borderline... however I have no doubt that Coogee Dolphins, Coogee-Randwick Wombats, Kenso, Moore Park, and anyone else i've forgotten around here, should belong to Easts.