What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 team:

abpanther

Staff member
Personally I would go to Outback Jacks (Near Coles) as they have play station or xbox (not sure which) set up for kids, or if your budget conscious head up Mulgoa road a bit and there is a Rashays

Thanks very much mate

I checked out their website and it all seems great, made a booking so I'll see how I go!!

abpanther

Staff member
I did look into getting a membership but can't really find one that suits my needs given I live pretty far away and won't get to that many games, but then ones I do get to I wanna get better than just GA seats

darkbloom

Juniors
Both grandstands are under cover though the first 10 rows or so of the eastern one are susceptible to rain. And probably only the back 10-15 rows of the Western stand are really under cover.

Looking at the map is Diamond Membership more expensive than Platinum? If so what have they done with all those long term season ticket holders in the western stand - increased their membership fee or moved them? Both options would be unacceptable to most of the people occupying those seats.

abpanther

Staff member
Both grandstands are under cover though the first 10 rows or so of the eastern one are susceptible to rain. And probably only the back 10-15 rows of the Western stand are really under cover.

Looking at the map is Diamond Membership more expensive than Platinum? If so what have they done with all those long term season ticket holders in the western stand - increased their membership fee or moved them? Both options would be unacceptable to most of the people occupying those seats.

Diamond and Platinum are exactly the same price

So you're basically saying that my best option for staying dry (should it rain) is the platinum seating and diamond (back rows) only?

Thanks for the feedback guys, much appreciated

mxlegend99

Referee
I disagree, a fullback can play wing without issue and if DWZ hasn't played more wing than fb in NYC then it'd be by one or two games (I expect he's played a heap more wing than fb). Why are you saying DWZ is out of position at wing?

Simmons has a million games experience and looked fine at centre against the Jets. And as a bonus he's an outside back and not a forward.
He looked fine against a reserve grade side? Amazing..

He's an average winger coming off his best ever season due to having a great centre inside him. Him and DWZ as the centre/winger pairing would be a disaster.

You keep calling Yeo a second rower, but he's playing centre in reserves regardless of making first grade or not. He has played centre before and a second rower is more similar to a centre then a winger is. Many players can jump between centre/wing or centre/second row. But the second rowers tend to be more successful defensively. Theyre also used to having guys outside them in attack. Wingers aren't. Simmo at centre would be a horrible way to bring DWZ into the NRL.

chrisD

Coach
Yes I keep calling the bloke who played second row last season a second rower, that makes more sense to me than calling a player who played mostly wing a fullback who would be out of position at winger.

So you're of the opinion Simmon's exposure at centre in trials against reserves isn't enough to play him fg at centre? Fancy that. Yeo on the other hand...

No a forward is not more similar to an outside back than another outside back. That line of thinking is new and nonsensical, it's how Beau Scott got stuck into centre and murdered, how Geriatric Tate ran straight round our ' defensive centre' and why some people were comically surprised when Hayne destroyed at centre. How many actual real instances of a winger playing centre have turned into a disaster as you predict?

mxlegend99

Referee
Yes I keep calling the bloke who played second row last season a second rower, that makes more sense to me than calling a player who played mostly wing a fullback who would be out of position at winger.
He started out as a centre and plays second row because of his size in the under 20's. He's playing centre and second row for our reserves this year. Named at centre in round 1, and he played centre/wing at the 9's. Scoring a nice try on the sideline. You have pidgeon holed him as a second rower, when he can, has and will play elsewhere.

So you're of the opinion Simmon's exposure at centre in trials against reserves isn't enough to play him fg at centre? Fancy that. Yeo on the other hand...
No, you said he looked good against Newtown. I pointed out they were only reserve graders. Our team was full of first graders. Everyone carved up. Simmons against first graders is weak defensively, doesn't bend the line when he runs and has little to no ball skills.

No a forward is not more similar to an outside back than another outside back. That line of thinking is new and nonsensical, it's how Beau Scott got stuck into centre and murdered, how Geriatric Tate ran straight round our ' defensive centre' and why some people were comically surprised when Hayne destroyed at centre. How many actual real instances of a winger playing centre have turned into a disaster as you predict?
So you think that because both positions are in the backline, theyre similar? Thats just nonsense. Centre requires better defensive reads (more like a second rower), spreading the ball after drawing in defenders (like a second rower), making more then 3 or 4 tackles (like every position except wing and fullback), and has a bigger workload in general. Wingers have a completely different skillset.

Hayne and Inglis are two of the most gifted players in the world. Ofcourse they can slot anywhere and look great. Simmons is a solid winger, he would get murdered at centre. Especially against BJ leilua. Yeo atleast has the size and infield defending ability to have a chance.

mxlegend99

Referee
Not easy typing long replies on my iphone either. Safari tends to exit randomly and lose what i had typed.

chrisD

Coach
He started out as a centre and plays second row because of his size in the under 20's. He's playing centre and second row for our reserves this year. Named at centre in round 1, and he played centre/wing at the 9's. Scoring a nice try on the sideline. You have pidgeon holed him as a second rower, when he can, has and will play elsewhere.

He can play centre, in NSW cup, and his form could therefor be evaluated. That'd be normal natural progression. What is abnormal is debuting in fg there after a preseason/trial when the previous season he was the third best second rower in NYC, and looked for all money a second rower. That I've pidgeon holed as stupid.

No, you said he looked good against Newtown. I pointed out they were only reserve graders. Our team was full of first graders. Everyone carved up. Simmons against first graders is weak defensively, doesn't bend the line when he runs and has little to no ball skills.

Yes, I did say he looked fine against the Jets, and he did, you argued that it's meaningless because of the opposition. So how is Yeo better positioned exactly?

So you think that because both positions are in the backline, theyre similar? Thats just nonsense. Centre requires better defensive reads (more like a second rower), spreading the ball after drawing in defenders (like a second rower), making more then 3 or 4 tackles (like every position except wing and fullback), and has a bigger workload in general. Wingers have a completely different skillset.
The centre and wing position are far more closer than back row to centre. You seem to have decided to try and list the centre qualities which are really basic skills of rugby league, as though they're impossible enigmas for a winger to work out, all the while leaving out the real defining factor. Tackling? Drawing and passing? How could a winger possibly comprehend such advanced skills?

A centre is a player with the physical attributes best suited to beating a player one on one and capitalising on more space than forwards are provided. As they age and lose those attributes many move into the second row.

Hayne and Inglis are two of the most gifted players in the world. Ofcourse they can slot anywhere and look great. Simmons is a solid winger, he would get murdered at centre. Especially against BJ leilua. Yeo atleast has the size and infield defending ability to have a chance.
Heh, same shit they said about Beau Scott. Shame they forgot what you gain in size you lose in speed. You are unable to come up with examples of wingers playing in the centres ending in disaster for good reason.

betcats

Referee
He can play centre, in NSW cup, and his form could therefor be evaluated. That'd be normal natural progression. What is abnormal is debuting in fg there after a preseason/trial when the previous season he was the third best second rower in NYC, and looked for all money a second rower. That I've pidgeon holed as stupid.

Yes, I did say he looked fine against the Jets, and he did, you argued that it's meaningless because of the opposition. So how is Yeo better positioned exactly?

The centre and wing position are far more closer than back row to centre. You seem to have decided to try and list the centre qualities which are really basic skills of rugby league, as though they're impossible enigmas for a winger to work out, all the while leaving out the real defining factor. Tackling? Drawing and passing? How could a winger possibly comprehend such advanced skills?

A centre is a player with the physical attributes best suited to beating a player one on one and capitalising on more space than forwards are provided. As they age and lose those attributes many move into the second row.

Heh, same shit they said about Beau Scott. Shame they forgot what you gain in size you lose in speed. You are unable to come up with examples of wingers playing in the centres ending in disaster for good reason.

Bennet used to pick Scott in the centres at St George, does he have a backrower fetish too? Is he a stupid coach too?

If Yeo plays and he plays really terrible(remembering it would be his debut) then f**king rip in, until then shut the f**k up, you use anything you can find to criticise Cleary and if anyone challenges you you spurt that shit about Whare at FB.

EDIT: Also SBW debuted in the centres and look how he went. So if it worked him it should work for everybackrower right?

Last edited:

chrisD

Coach
Bennet used to pick Scott in the centres at St George, does he have a backrower fetish too? Is he a stupid coach too?

If Yeo plays and he plays really terrible(remembering it would be his debut) then f**king rip in, until then shut the f**k up, you use anything you can find to criticise Cleary and if anyone challenges you you spurt that shit about Whare at FB.

No Bennet doesn't have a back rower fetish, he learnt his lesson, it's a last resort if he's even done it recently.

lol, if anyone challenges me I reply with reasoning, hence the post you quoted, it's when muppets resort to the "he's the coach just have blind faith" nonsense that I point to his issues.

And yep sure, Yeo is just the new SBW.

Last edited:

benntash

Juniors
I know it's not. Hence why my replies are nice and short. But as you said it makes a lot more sense naming Yeo then DWZ especially with a backline as good as the knights

betcats

Referee
No Bennet doesn't have a back rower fetish, he learnt his lesson.

lol, if anyone challenges me I reply with reasoning, hence the post you quoted, it's when muppets resort to the "he's the coach just have blind faith" nonsense that I point to his issues.

His issues lol, no coach is perfect however Ivan took a team picked for the bottom four or worse to within one game of the top 8.

What are his issues? His supposed backrower fetish? thinking Whare was a fullback? We have heard all that.

You say he has proven he has a backrower fetish in his career, he has also proven he can develop talent the right way(Johnson, Locke, Mutilino etc) so if you wanna look at his track record, look at that.

betcats

Referee
I know it's not. Hence why my replies are nice and short. But as you said it makes a lot more sense naming Yeo then DWZ especially with a backline as good as the knights

IMO naming Brown there would be best, but most dont seem to like that idea. Yeo atleast should be able to tackle big BJ, f**k throwing a teenager at that knights backline with the defensive juggernaut of Simmons inside him.

chrisD

Coach
His issues lol, no coach is perfect however Ivan took a team picked for the bottom four or worse to within one game of the top 8.

What are his issues? His supposed backrower fetish? thinking Whare was a fullback? We have heard all that.

You say he has proven he has a backrower fetish in his career, he has also proven he can develop talent the right way(Johnson, Locke, Mutilino etc) so if you wanna look at his track record, look at that.

So you agree he's not perfect, fantastic, then I won't have to explain to you again why it's not out of the realm of possibility why Cleary might be wrong and that it's ok to talk about how he might be wrong.

IMO naming Brown there would be best, but most dont seem to like that idea. Yeo atleast should be able to tackle big BJ, f**k throwing a teenager at that knights backline with the defensive juggernaut of Simmons inside him.

Yeah people are finally starting to wake up to the reality of Brown at centre, shame it took so long, and some still longer.

betcats

Referee
So you agree he's not perfect, fantastic, then I won't have to explain to you again why it's not out of the realm of possibility why Cleary might be wrong and that it's ok to talk about how he might be wrong.

He isnt perfect but in regards to coaching the panthers he is a lot more perfect then anyone on this forum.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
I'm of the opinion we are going to lose whoever plays center, so I volunteer to take some of the heat from chrisD.

Latest posts