What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 vs. Cowboys Discussion + Voting

hattori hanzo

Juniors
I only said it because Hodges and Yow Yeh at least have experience on the same side. It will be interesting to see how Gagai and Beale go in defence.

I hate to admit it but this is one of my concerns too Beale has been found out a few times defending at centre and Gagai's defence at NRL level is an unknown.

Dazzat

First Grade
There will be two new players defending on the left hand side of the field so expect teams to concentrate their attack down that side in the first few games. So if we give up a few tries on that side, it will be a combination of both - new players, but also more attack going down that side.

I'd expect Parker to defend on that side.

Come to think of it ... it's more likely that Alex Glenn will get the left hand-side centre position over someone like Beale, merely on defense.

beads6

First Grade
I am pretty sure Beale will be left centre. Hodges won't be playing round 1 I don't think he will be risked.

Country Bronco

Juniors
I'm going to go to this game. I'll reminsce all week about last years victory. I think this years game will be just as close, so it should be a cracker. Back to the memories (Beads, it would be your highlight of the year for you) which happened in game one was flying kemp in the 74th minute to score the winning try. Apart from Yow Yeh's mis kick to score the broncos try of the year against souths, this would of been broncos try of the year.

beads6

First Grade
I am going to the game, taking my missus so I hope she enjoys the game. I am confident of a win.

Country Bronco

Juniors
I am going to the game, taking my missus so I hope she enjoys the game. I am confident of a win.

Well remind the missus of the great bronco flyer? Denan Kemp. I'm sure she'll enjoy the game. Me, Myself. I'm just pumped to get that first taste of nrl this season!!!! Live.

beads6

First Grade
Well remind the missus of the great bronco flyer? Denan Kemp. I'm sure she'll enjoy the game. Me, Myself. I'm just pumped to get that first taste of nrl this season!!!! Live.

oh I will if he gets a game which is doubtful. Yep so pumped for footy and being a Suncorp for the first mach

Hench

Juniors
I'm bloody scared of the Thurston, Bolton and Tonga combination going up against Lockyer, Reed and Yow Yeh.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
I'm bloody scared of the Thurston, Bolton and Tonga combination going up against Lockyer, Reed and Yow Yeh.

I'm not. Lockyer and Reed seemed to defend very well in the trials I watched. Storm sent a lot of treffic Lockyers way and he handled it well. Cowboys should be more worried about Thaiday/Gillett/Te'o running at Graham & Tupou (or whoever they go with on that side)

beads6

First Grade

She will be right... We have worked hard on our defence over the summer so it will be a good test.

Big Pete

Referee
Just got my tix, I'm way high up but it should still be a joy to watch.

My Pax was 37K+ in case you were wondering.

beads6

First Grade
Just got my tix, I'm way high up but it should still be a joy to watch.

My Pax was 37K+ in case you were wondering.

Better viewing up high anyway although I always prefer to sit close to the action.. Should be a cracker I am pumped.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
The team is:
1 Josh Hoffman
2 Jharal Yow Yeh
3 Gerard Beale
4 Jack Reed
5 Dane Gagai
6 Darren Lockyer (c)
7 Peter Wallace
8 Sam Thaiday
9 Andrew McCullough
10 Scott Anderson
11 Alex Glenn
12 Matt Gillett
13 Corey Parker
Interchange
14 Ben Hunt
15 Ben Te'o
16 Josh McGuire
17 Shane Tronc

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...ash-with-cowboys/story-e6frep5o-1226017581147

No Hannant, Hodges. Can justify Thaiday at prop more with Hannant out. Bit surprised that Tronc isnt starting. Would have started Teo over Glenn but it probably is not a big deal.

Reed and Gagai to debut. Extremely young backline!

Looking forward to the game!