What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 vs. Cowboys Discussion + Voting

broncos2010

Juniors
seriously that has to be the worst backs we have had for about 20 years. All kids and none of them have any real NRL exprience

Last edited:

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
It is very young but it is also very talented, Hoffman and Yow Yeh both have a full year under their belts, Beale also played quite a few games at the start of last season. It should be interesting to see how Reed and Gagai go, really looking forward to see Gagai play as I have yet to see him play.

Can't wait for Friday.

Bring on Footy Season again

Broncos fan!

Juniors
Quite surprised to see Anderson starting and Tronc on the bench. Also I was sort of expecting Glenn to start over Te'o, I'm happy with that decision as Te'o will bring much more impact from the bench and Glenn has bulked up a bit and should really make a stance to keep his spot in the starting side. Also it's a VERY inexperienced backline but it has bucketloads of potential and I'm really excited to see how Beale, Reed and Gagai handle first grade.

NFI

Juniors
Hi Everyone, Another footy fan here looking forward to the new season. One thing that has me baffled is, Why is Denan Kemp not playing this Friday night? Surely his experience, and past success on the wing for Brisbane stands for more than a very promising young player who has not played an nrl game yet?? Having said that I really hope Gagai is the real deal and can be a future long time solution.

beads6

First Grade
Denan Kemp is having form issues and he struggled with a few injuries over the off season so he is a bit overweight. If he deserves a go in first grade he will get one but at the moment he doesn't deserve it.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Jharal would certainly be playing on the right wing if Hodges was there. Doesn't really matter now that he's not.

Big Pete

Referee
For the past three years fans have questioned whether we had enough experience come the Cowboys game at Suncorp...only to win each time.

We'll be right.

Country Bronco

Juniors
Win or Lose. I'll be happy just to see the Broncos run out on the field. Thats all I want is the start of the season perhaps selections,predictions, form and results will matter from round 2 and beyond. :cool:

Seagullsrock

Juniors
1st half report: Both teams have basically been dreadful. Attack is flat and disorganised. Plenty of mistakes. None of the Broncos forwards are hurting the defence. Anderson the cat has been creamed a few times by the other cat...what's his name again..Sims?Does he take any hit ups or try to tackle anyone other than Anderson. Thaiday has rushed out of the defence several times allowing JT to make the Bronx defence look even worse. Surely the 2nd half couldn't be even a lower standard. I saw Q cup trials at a higher standard than this.

Snappy

Coach
We clearly lost the battle of the forwards. Thaiday coming off the bench playing prop did not work. We missed his impact early on. I sure hope he shifts back to the second row when Hannant is fit. there was plenty of times when there was no forward in position to provide hit ups. One set 12 mins after half time and there was not a forward in sight. The backs were running out of dummy half. Scott Anderson was the better of our forwards IMO. Thronc did his usual job. Nothing fancy but made metres. As for the rest.... well, Glenn and Gillett had no punch, Parker tried hard as always, McQuire had no real impact

Sorry to say but Peter Walace picked up where he left off last year in attack. Average. The boy can tackle but fails to make opportunities when attacking the line.

Reed was the better of the rookies but both showed their inexperience at times.

Ball handling. What can I say. average.

If were going to have a red hot go at this season, we need to improve ten fold, because what I saw tonight is not going to have us in the eight.

renouf

Juniors
Sorry to say but Peter Walace picked up where he left off last year in attack. Average. The boy can tackle but fails to make opportunities when attacking the line.

No surprise there, he'll always be average. At times it looks like hes doing something, but nothing comes of it. In the first few seasons when he seemed to play well, IMO it was on the back of Lockyer. Hunt had a shocker too. We have all these up and coming star players, but they are all useless without a Lockyer.

Our hopes of winning games hinge on having Hodges available.. which has always been dodgy at best.

lockyno1

Post Whore
We will never win a comp with spuds like Wallace at halfback. I am sorry but Hunt provides more in attack. I don't care how many tackles Wallace makes, he can't attack!

beads6

First Grade
Our Forwards were the problem tonight and our 9 and 7. Need to work that out ASAP IMO. We will be better for the run. That said I think we have more improvement in us than the Cowboys. Cowboys had a good game plan and it worked it does everytime. Was great to see Bowen back to his best.