What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 Vs The Roosters

TheEroticGamer

Juniors
Please for f*** sake leave the trash refereeing in the pre-season and 2019. 12 different clubs benefited with a wrong try or sinbin call going their way against us last year and that simply isn’t sustainable for clubs wanting to make the finals. In a competition as close as this every little 1% thing going your way is critical and to neglect that shows a fundamental lack of understanding of sport.

I think we’ll win this though. Really good team. At home. Motivated against a side who is coming back from a trip to England and are still celebrating their trophies. We’ll be more ready than they are.

Cleary and Api to put on a show here.

Kilkenny

Coach
Please for f*** sake leave the trash refereeing in the pre-season and 2019. 12 different clubs benefited with a wrong try or sinbin call going their way against us last year and that simply isn’t sustainable for clubs wanting to make the finals. In a competition as close as this every little 1% thing going your way is critical and to neglect that shows a fundamental lack of understanding of sport.

I think we’ll win this though. Really good team. At home. Motivated against a side who is coming back from a trip to England and are still celebrating their trophies. We’ll be more ready than they are.

Cleary and Api to put on a show here.

Love your optimism. I do too but we will have to play somewhere near our best and hopefully get an even share of the 50-50 calls and penalties.

Fangs

Coach
How many times have we seen him get bombed?

You are right, thought I'd tentatively say he is better.

Its like fullback. When it's high in the air with no one around you players still spill it. In attack he does very well but its different when you are targeted by the opposition.

Latrell will cop it from Cleary round 1. You've got to test him.

Luke Bowden

First Grade

Its like fullback. When it's high in the air with no one around you players still spill it. In attack he does very well but its different when you are targeted by the opposition.

Cleary isn’t playing Latrell in Rnd1

MugaB

Coach

Yeah we play souff in penrith sometime in july

MugaB

Coach
https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/12/27/penrith-panthers-2020-round-1-predicted-team/

Penrith Panthers: 2020 round 1 predicted team
Author
Chris Kennedy & Jamie Soward

View attachment 36559

Not too bad just got Whare and Naden the wrong way around and I'd have Burton on the bench or starting 6.
Yeah JFH won't start, and Leniu will be in NswCup, burtons at 14.
Kinda wanted to see Crichton at centre, and mansour dropped (nothing against him, but he isn't in form in comparison)

OldPanther

Coach
Kinda wanted to see Crichton at centre, and mansour dropped (nothing against him, but he isn't in form in comparison)

Yeah same on Crichton. In a perfect world Naden goes to wing.

Panfa

Juniors
I hope aekins proves me wrong but id rather chrichton at fullback against the chooks. BIgger faster player at the back who can jump and create more in attack.Aekins is safe but no frills sort of fullback didn't like the way he hung back and didn't attack the ball for Moses try in the trial.

franklin2323

Immortal

JFH will be named to start. Ivan will do cool trick where he switches him to start and fools everyone

mxlegend99

Referee
Mansour and Whare might still have a solid performance in them at times. But they are well and truly past their peaks. Not through any fault of their own. Both suffered ACL injuries and the knee is never the same again.

Throw in some other injuries ontop of them. Their bodies have just been through hell for us.

Kilkenny

Coach
Mansour and Whare might still have a solid performance in them at times. But they are well and truly past their peaks. Not through any fault of their own. Both suffered ACL injuries and the knee is never the same again.

Throw in some other injuries ontop of them. Their bodies have just been through hell for us.

And herein lies our problem, they basically remain first choice selections with no viable alternatives. I’ve said it ad nauseum but to recruit three players for this season, all forwards, is gobsmacking on the part of our brains trust. I simply fail to understand why we couldn’t have gone for an outside back and sacrificed either Tetevano or Capewell. It has been suggested who was available but it is the job of our recruitment people to make things happen. Despite his injury woes and apparent attitude issues can’t help feeling we should have stuck solid with Waqa Blake particularly given we are apparently paying a portion of his salary for 2020.

Dave's mate

Juniors
And herein lies our problem, they basically remain first choice selections with no viable alternatives. I’ve said it ad nauseum but to recruit three players for this season, all forwards, is gobsmacking on the part of our brains trust. I simply fail to understand why we couldn’t have gone for an outside back and sacrificed either Tetevano or Capewell. It has been suggested who was available but it is the job of our recruitment people to make things happen. Despite his injury woes and apparent attitude issues can’t help feeling we should have stuck solid with Waqa Blake particularly given we are apparently paying a portion of his salary for 2020.
No alternatives? Thats simply not true. Crichton could take either spot right now

Latest posts