What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 Vs The Roosters

Kilkenny

Coach
No alternatives? Thats simply not true. Crichton could take either spot right now

Do you really believe having 5 players competing for four positions is a healthy position to be in.

Maybe Chrichton should get a spot but he is yet to prove he is an NRL player.

MugaB

Coach
Do you really believe having 5 players competing for four positions is a healthy position to be in.

Maybe Chrichton should get a spot but he is yet to prove he is an NRL player.
Well had we recruited another outside back, it would be 6 players competing for 4 positions,
But seriously what outside back that was on the market was going to be worth it for the long run, most of the centres or wingers are either on too much or don't want to be in penrith, the only guy i rate is morris, and he seems to want to go to chooks to play with his brother, when we could have just as easily had any number of our juniors or current 30 could fill the void in the centres, in
Chricton, Jed, Burns, Whare, Naden, Burton, May, Capewell.
Maybe if Ivan was to persist with keeping Mansour in the run on side, they should put him as the other centre and swap him with Naden to go on the wing, atleast we won't worry about josh up against tall bombs and giant wingers

Last edited:

TheFrog

Coach
If you have to play the Roosters once this is the time I'd most like to play them. They've lost the opening round the last 2 years in a row on the way to premierships. Not sure how superstitious Robbo is but if his side win this it might be a sign that this season is going to be different.

Kilkenny

Coach
If you have to play the Roosters once this is the time I'd most like to play them. They've lost the opening round the last 2 years in a row on the way to premierships. Not sure how superstitious Robbo is but if his side win this it might be a sign that this season is going to be different.

I’m not sure there is anytime that is a good time to play them but I agree may as well cop them in Round 1 and get it over with one way or the other.

It would be such a boost for our season going forward if we could get this two points on Saturday night.

I am optimistic of a really positive performance and looking forward to the side coach Cleary names even if I’m sure many will not agree with it.

GongPanther

Referee
I’m not sure there is anytime that is a good time to play them but I agree may as well cop them in Round 1 and get it over with one way or the other.

It would be such a boost for our season going forward if we could get this two points on Saturday night.

I am optimistic of a really positive performance and looking forward to the side coach Cleary names even if I’m sure many will not agree with it.
Win lose or draw, I feel we will benefit from playing against an experienced quality side like Easts, as it will toughen us up for the rest of the month's games ahead of us. The other plus in our favour is that we are full strength, and playing at home potentially tilts an upset our way.

But this is providing we play to our disciplined best, and cut out the mistakes and lost ball habits from last season.

Panthers Jersey Flegg coach Guy Missio has named his side to face North Sydney Bears at Panthers Stadium on Saturday.

The Jersey Flegg fixture will be the first game in a blockbuster triple-header to open the season in Penrith.

The Panthers will wear the black 2020 Home Jersey.
Panthers v Bears
3.50pm Saturday 14 March
Panthers Stadium

1. Glenn MCGRADY
2. Matthew FAAUILA
3. Taylan MAY
4. Thomas JENKINS
5. Logan COHEN
6. Hayden BONANNO
7. Dylan WHITE
8. Jayden TANNER (c)
9. Luke SOMMERTON
10. Nitoa KAIRAU
11. Ratu NANOVO
12. Zac DUCLOS
13. Chase CHAPMAN

14. Maurice TRINDALL
15. Tom AFFLECK
16. Liam HENRY
17. Ethan CLARK-WOOD
18. Aaron MAWHINNEY

Panthers Canterbury Cup coach Peter Wallace has named his side to face North Sydney Bears at Panthers Stadium on Saturday.

The Canterbury Cup fixture will be the second game in a blockbuster triple-header to open the season in Penrith.

Panthers v Bears
5.20pm Saturday 14 March
Panthers Stadium

1. Daine LAURIE
2. Charlie STAINES
3. Jed CARTWRIGHT
4. Maliko FILINO
5. Jake TAGO
6. Tyrone MAY
7. Kurt FALLS
8. Kaide ELLIS
9. Brendan HANDS
10. Billy TSIKRIKAS
12. John FAIMU
13. J'maine HOPGOOD

14. Jarrod BRACKENHOFER
15. Lindsay SMITH
16. John TRIMBOLI
17. George TSIKRIKAS

Panthers coach Ivan Cleary has named his side to face Sydney Roosters at Panthers Stadium on Saturday.

Zane Tetevano is set to make his club debut as Panther No.593 after being selected in the front row alongside captain James Tamou.

Dylan Edwards (ankle), Kurt Capewell (quad), Spencer Leniu (knee) and Malakai Watene-Zelezniak (calf) are currently unavailable for selection, with more details to come in Wednesday's Westfund Injury Update.

Panthers v Roosters
7.35pm Saturday 14 March
Panthers Stadium

1. Caleb AEKINS - sponsored by CC Tyres Penrith
2. Josh MANSOUR - sponsored by MKJ Projects
3. Dean WHARE - sponsored by Potter Automotive
4. Brent NADEN - sponsored by Penrith City Automotive
5. Brian TO'O - sponsored by Soneta Plumbing
6. Jarome LUAI - sponsored by Hertz
7. Nathan CLEARY - sponsored by Chemtools
8. James TAMOU (c) - sponsored by Protech Locksmiths
9. Api KOROISAU - sponsored by Cetnaj Wetherill Park
10. Zane TETEVANO - sponsored by Chardon & Abbott Home Loans
11. Viliame KIKAU - sponsored by Hix Group
12. Liam MARTIN - sponsored by AMA Event Management
13. Isaah YEO - sponsored by Casella Express

14. Stephen CRICHTON - sponsored by Signace
15. James FISHER-HARRIS - sponsored by Wisdom Denture and Dental Clinic
16. Moses LEOTA - sponsored by Fornari's Interior Linings
17. Jack HETHERINGTON - sponsored by Wright Way Plumbing & Civil
18. Billy BURNS - sponsored by Stylus Blinds
19. Matt BURTON - sponsored by Southlands Estate Agents
20. Jed CARTWRIGHT - sponsored by OAK Plus
21. Kaide ELLIS - sponsored by Brightside Music

OldPanther

Coach
Panthers coach Ivan Cleary has named his side to face Sydney Roosters at Panthers Stadium on Saturday.

Zane Tetevano is set to make his club debut as Panther No.593 after being selected in the front row alongside captain James Tamou.

Dylan Edwards (ankle), Kurt Capewell (quad), Spencer Leniu (knee) and Malakai Watene-Zelezniak (calf) are currently unavailable for selection, with more details to come in Wednesday's Westfund Injury Update.

Panthers v Roosters
7.35pm Saturday 14 March
Panthers Stadium

1. Caleb AEKINS - sponsored by CC Tyres Penrith
2. Josh MANSOUR - sponsored by MKJ Projects
3. Dean WHARE - sponsored by Potter Automotive
4. Brent NADEN - sponsored by Penrith City Automotive
5. Brian TO'O - sponsored by Soneta Plumbing
6. Jarome LUAI - sponsored by Hertz
7. Nathan CLEARY - sponsored by Chemtools
8. James TAMOU (c) - sponsored by Protech Locksmiths
9. Api KOROISAU - sponsored by Cetnaj Wetherill Park
10. Zane TETEVANO - sponsored by Chardon & Abbott Home Loans
11. Viliame KIKAU - sponsored by Hix Group
12. Liam MARTIN - sponsored by AMA Event Management
13. Isaah YEO - sponsored by Casella Express

14. Stephen CRICHTON - sponsored by Signace
15. James FISHER-HARRIS - sponsored by Wisdom Denture and Dental Clinic
16. Moses LEOTA - sponsored by Fornari's Interior Linings
17. Jack HETHERINGTON - sponsored by Wright Way Plumbing & Civil
18. Billy BURNS - sponsored by Stylus Blinds
19. Matt BURTON - sponsored by Southlands Estate Agents
20. Jed CARTWRIGHT - sponsored by OAK Plus
21. Kaide ELLIS - sponsored by Brightside Music

Crichton at 14 and Burton at 19 but not named in reserve grade. I'm confusion. Otherwise pretty much as I expected

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Capewell injured ?

According to MG CHN and Jayden OKunbor both have been naughty boys. Stood down intergrity unit involved.

Crichton at 14 and Burton at 19 but not named in reserve grade. I'm confusion. Otherwise pretty much as I expected

Ivan did this last year with the four extra reserves. Some weren't named in reserve grade, then on game down they popped up on the team sheet.
Crichton is weird on the bench.

martielang

Bench
Maybe he just wants a reserve back, as opposed to a reserve half/hooker? Kinda the in thing atm to carry an outside back on the bench.

OldPanther

Coach
Ivan did this last year with the four extra reserves. Some weren't named in reserve grade, then on game down they popped up on the team sheet.
Crichton is weird on the bench.

I forgot they could do that. Means Burton might partner May then or move to bench for Crichton. I want Crichton in the NRL team but on the bench I agree is weird seeing as you'd think it'd be either a utility or a half.

betcats

Referee
Solid team. Not sure bout the 14 etc but might be typical clearly silly buggers.

Yeo at lock as expected, he will have a big year if he can stay healthy. Good on Heathro getting himself back in the mix.

Latest posts