What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 11 Cowboys v Knights

Shorty

Staff member
This makes me more nervous, because we all know that Cows seem to stuff up the games they should be able to win.

StinkyPete

Juniors
WE DOMINATED THE KNIGHTS!!!!:D
nql2009.jpg

Charlie124

First Grade
We'll win this by 16

Looks like I gave the Knaughts far too much credit. :lol::lol:

f**king pretenders never stood a chance once Gidley was in doubt (not that i thought they were either way). Does this make them a half man team??

StinkyPete

Juniors
Looks like I gave the Knaughts far too much credit. :lol::lol:

f**king pretenders never stood a chance once Gidley was in doubt (not that i thought they were either way). Does this make them a half man team??
couldn't have said it better myself
nql2009.jpg

Charlie124

First Grade
:lol:

How did Zeb Taia play gents?

I honestly couldnt tell you if he even played or not, i was too busy laughing at McManas and Gidley - although he shouldnt have played on that knee, It appears that Brian Smith didnt think they stood a chance without him.

Turns out they didnt stand a chance either way.

Payne, Thurston, O'Donnell, Scott, Bolton, Southern, Watts, Burns, Webb, Farrar, Tonga, Bowen were fantastic tonight.

Definately a one man team though, just pick which one.

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
In all seriousness that is the strongest performance from a team I have seen all season. If the refs weren't intent on giving Newcastle very soft piggy back penalties they would not have been able to get off their line for most of the game. Herny and Johnson have really harden them up.

Big Pete

Referee
I love seeing how out of touch some of the Knights were in regards to the North Queensland line up. In the end it was the North Queensland forward pack that owned your mob.

How did Bolton go tonight Charlie? I've really been impressed with the kid but sadly when I eventually flicked the game on it was the 65th minute the the Knights were deep on attack.

perverse

Referee
well played by your mob tonight. way too strong for us, although we were out of touch too. still, the cowboys surprised me a lot. if they can keep playing like that all year they're going to be hard to beat.

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
I love seeing how out of touch some of the Knights were in regards to the North Queensland line up. In the end it was the North Queensland forward pack that owned your mob.

How did Bolton go tonight Charlie? I've really been impressed with the kid but sadly when I eventually flicked the game on it was the 65th minute the the Knights were deep on attack.
Best game i've seen Bolton play

Charlie124

First Grade
Bolton was great tonight but id have to say Payne was our best. Really a great all-round performance from the boys, all of the forwards played really well, even Kaufusi and Webb were outstanding (although im sure Webb was trying to impress the Wigan scout sitting next to his manager in the stands).

Solid

Juniors
Cowboys looked the complete package tonight. So many standout performances, especially Tonga and Southern. I also liked Watts and Tamou.

I was abit nervous in the first half when the Knights looked quite dangerous up the middle, but sadly the they just fell away completely.

Also, Webb did one of his trademark offloads to no one, but overall played better than usual.

Cowboys throughly deserved the victory. Very poor performance by the Knights but all teams have off games, its how they bounce back that really matters.

Ianc

Juniors
I think our defence won us that game. We never let the Knights move at times. Still some improvement but you can really see Henry's stamp on the team.

Pete, I think Bolton is the real improver in this side. His defence has improved out of sight. He has cemented his place in 1st grade & it wouldn't surprise me to see him play SOO down the track.

Shorty

Staff member
I thought they were missing Hegarty. If he had been fit it would have been 100 zip.
Dammit, if you've just fumigated the house why go and leave food to bait cockroaches again?:lol:

Pete, we all knew who was clearly better but these Knights fans have the thickest glasses in the League.