What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 12 v Bulldogs

I am really looking forward to tomorrow night but I’m not much of a fan of Thursday night footy. The weekend is for footy!

I feel ripped off when the weekend comes and Saints are not playing. Thursday is never a highly rated game therefore you know where we sit with NRL (Not great)

If you lose on a Thursday, it’s an extra day you have to spend feeling shit we lost, not to mention an early start for the bloody ‘sack Flanno’ shite.

If u win it seems everyone forgets when Friday night footy begins especially, as with Thursday games, the crowds suffer greatly so the atmosphere is lacking.

Rant over – Go the Dragons

I am really looking forward to tomorrow night but I’m not much of a fan of Thursday night footy. The weekend is for footy!

I feel ripped off when the weekend comes and Saints are not playing. Thursday is never a highly rated game therefore you know where we sit with NRL (Not great)

If you lose on a Thursday, it’s an extra day you have to spend feeling shit we lost, not to mention an early start for the bloody ‘sack Flanno’ shite.

If u win it seems everyone forgets when Friday night footy begins especially, as with Thursday games, the crowds suffer greatly so the atmosphere is lacking.

I feel the same.

It's just the way of the world. At least Monday night footy is done. Remember waiting all weekend to end only to lose!

Look how the NBA is literally played every day of the week. Sport is just another commodity in a world where money talks. The NRL are doing the same with this game, doesn't matter what it costs as long as there is a monetary gain for them.

Draginzaaar

Bench

Panthers have played Thursday night, so has Manly, Dolphins. Roosters V Storm on a Thursday night. Hmm, not sure what you're on about.

Last edited:
Panthers have played Thursday night, so has Manly, Dolphins. Roosters V Storm on a Thursday night. Hmm, not sure hat you're on about.
Guess TV ratings do account for Thursday games being higher rated than I gave credit (probably more the 6pm Friday game)

Obviously I didn't do much research but still not a fan of Thursday night atmosphere combined with a Friday hangover at work - Win or lose

RedVee

First Grade
Yep, not a fan of Thursday night games though I do try to watch them every week regardless of those involved. But get most of it on the radio as kids work in retail and don’t drive… :(

Anyway, it’s a winnable game for us but I’m a bit scared to tip us!

Go Saints!

Dorsai

Juniors
This should be an interesting game tonight.

We are coming off a win and a bye so the team should be rearing to go. The team selection looks good though why Flanagan persists with Lawrie is beyond me. I would rather see Masila in for him. Better player with more punch at the advantage line.

The bulldogs have been about as consistent as the Dragons but look a little more settled and organised.

I can see Flanagans influence on the side starting to appear and it will be defence that splits the two. On paper I think the Dragons have it and will depend on the forwards gaining early go forward. If that happens, we should do the job.

We have been extremely bad on ocassions, but shown good resolve and flair in others. I would love to see Ravalawa get more attacking ball close to the line. His strength and determination close to the line is always impressive.

Lets hope we get an early roll on and have a good weekend rather than the alternative.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
So we are 5 & 5 and at a fork in the season, it can go either way just based on this game. We have close to our best line up taking the field, we come off a break and also avoiding a hectic week, we play in Sydney admittedly their home but at least there is little travel disruption, unless we get a Suli type disaster in the first few minutes and we get a reasonable go from the officials then we must win this game if we think we can be legitimate this year.

hewi

Bench
So we are 5 & 5 and at a fork in the season, it can go either way just based on this game. We have close to our best line up taking the field, we come off a break and also avoiding a hectic week, we play in Sydney admittedly their home but at least there is little travel disruption, unless we get a Suli type disaster in the first few minutes and we get a reasonable go from the officials then we must win this game if we think we can be legitimate this year.

Agree it’s s##t or get off the pot time.

Slippery Morris

First Grade

I agree, if we lose it will really suck going into the weekend games BUT If Saints win it will feel fantastic going into the weekend knowing Saints have got the 2 points and get an extra day rest for next round. Especially if the beat the scum Dogs. That will make it even better.

justadragon

Bench
Pivotal stage of our campaign, lose and we are virtually back to square one, win and we keep the momentum building. It will be a fast game the weather is great, no excuses, Sloan to carve up the middle as long as our forward win the battle, Dragons by 8,,,,cmon boys lets put a few together eh !!!

Dear lord,

When I last offered a “Hail Mary” for Dragons success you delivered McGregor, so I have had good reason not to pray often.

Today however, for the emotional wellbeing of all posters here, please deliver the Dragons a healthy win tonight. Remember the ‘Saint’ in Saint George?

You might also consider, as your humble servant, delivering HOD the power-ball win tonight, purely so I can prove that 150 million shall not change me.

Amen

Spazer

Juniors
photos from captains run looks like we will focus our attack to our left side targeting salmon and crichton on that edge, crichton is a good defender so I'm guessing we will be targeting salmon and hutcho with luc and sloan? I'd prefer hitting addo carr on their left as he likes to rush in but we'll see tonight.

Good luck drags

Illusion

Bench
photos from captains run looks like we will focus our attack to our left side targeting salmon and crichton on that edge, crichton is a good defender so I'm guessing we will be targeting salmon and hutcho with luc and sloan? I'd prefer hitting addo carr on their left as he likes to rush in but we'll see tonight.

Good luck drags
If our wingers keep coming in to far Ado carr will have a night to remember ......

Latest posts