What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 - v Panthers

Slippery Morris

First Grade
It does not matter which players panthers have on the field they still have the coach and he is a gun. He will have them primed. The kids will lift for the coach and try and impress him unlike the Saints players. They showed last week how much respect they have for the coach, club and mostly themselves dishing out that second half. I am still shocked by that capitulation and attempts at tackles by most.

Saints players will be under pressure to beat this mostly reserve grade Panthers side and if they do lose they will be ridiculed deluxe by the media. Even if they win it will be a low par win for everyone as they will say they beat a hugely understrength Penrith team. But if they win and keep most this squad for next round and win again, that will be something that may get people excited again. It may prompt the coach to slowly bring in juniors 1 at a time to the squad and slowly put the under performers back in reserve grade. It really is time for the 6 new guys to shine this week. If the Feagai boys looking to get back to NRL this is their week. If they fail they will probably be looking elsewhere next season.

I will give Saints credit this season, the 2 games they had to win which was against the Tigers and Souths they did and did so quite comfortably. I hope they bring that attitude into this game. They may have assumed that the Dogs game was a breeze until disaster struck as it was heading towards another Tigers/Souths performance.

Chook99

Juniors
Chook99 said:
”cometh the hour, cometh the man"

Sloan!

Player of the match, it is his time to shine.
Is he that kind of dude though? He seems a bit timid to step up and have a MOM performance when it’s needed.
I’m still not convinced on Sloan, he goes very quiet very often.
He ain’t alone though!

He did last year in the Anzac Day match

BLM01

First Grade
It does not matter which players panthers have on the field they still have the coach and he is a gun. He will have them primed. The kids will lift for the coach and try and impress him unlike the Saints players. They showed last week how much respect they have for the coach, club and mostly themselves dishing out that second half. I am still shocked by that capitulation and attempts at tackles by most.

Saints players will be under pressure to beat this mostly reserve grade Panthers side and if they do lose they will be ridiculed deluxe by the media. Even if they win it will be a low par win for everyone as they will say they beat a hugely understrength Penrith team. But if they win and keep most this squad for next round and win again, that will be something that may get people excited again. It may prompt the coach to slowly bring in juniors 1 at a time to the squad and slowly put the under performers back in reserve grade. It really is time for the 6 new guys to shine this week. If the Feagai boys looking to get back to NRL this is their week. If they fail they will probably be looking elsewhere next season.

I will give Saints credit this season, the 2 games they had to win which was against the Tigers and Souths they did and did so quite comfortably. I hope they bring that attitude into this game. They may have assumed that the Dogs game was a breeze until disaster struck as it was heading towards another Tigers/Souths performance.
Agree tale of 2 halves
Relaxed and reasonably buoyant at half time
When we did not get that call if tackle over the side line early 2 nd half and the run of their penalties etc I already had to go to the fridge to stock up as the nerves were shot then I kicked the leg rest as soon at they scored soon after
I could see what was coming

Dribble&Yarn

Juniors

Are we under super pressure to beat this Penrith team, especially in the media?
They are heavy favs for a reason imo. If we had our Origin players I would totally understand that, however we have a number of players missing also. This is a good week for us to just go out there and see how we go

RedVDave

First Grade
The fact that Sharks lost last night will make Penrith even hungrier for a win to secure the top spot on the ladder, I know there are a lot of people who on here are Ben Hunt detractors but the reality is when he's not playing our record without him is very poor and we struggle more so without him. Obviously Su'a and Lomax are big losses to I hate to say it but I think Penrith win this one pretty comfortably.

Harry Bath

Juniors
The fact that Sharks lost last night will make Penrith even hungrier for a win to secure the top spot on the ladder, I know there are a lot of people who on here are Ben Hunt detractors but the reality is when he's not playing our record without him is very poor and we struggle more so without him. Obviously Su'a and Lomax are big losses to I hate to say it but I think Penrith win this one pretty comfortably.
The Riff Forward Pack is way better than the dragons, that is where we will be tested

Old Timer

Coach
Keep Sua, Molo x2 Couchman and Debelin then maybe Luc and Sele all the others can go
Not sold on Luc or Sele as they are now middle aged forwards and have never totally dominated an opposition in a game let alone a season.

They are depth at absolute best.

I would however keep Liddle as he has shown some real spark and speed at different times and he would truly benefit if he had an alpha forward and a decent half to combine with.

Parko1310

Juniors
Not sold on Luc or Sele as they are now middle aged forwards and have never totally dominated an opposition in a game let alone a season.

They are depth at absolute best.

I would however keep Liddle as he has shown some real spark and speed at different times and he would truly benefit if he had an alpha forward and a decent half to combine with.
Luc, I'm not sold on, needs to keep fit. Can be damaging on his day. Sele's had some really good games for us, but both him and F Molo come off the bench in a top team.. they both start for us at full strength. We need to sign another hooker.. Liddle is a bench hooker who can change the game against tired middles, but his strengths are almost nullified if he starts. He's average/just above average when he starts. Off the bench, he's lethal. We need to work on making this happen, it will be a real strength if it does

Phantom V

Juniors
Luc, I'm not sold on, needs to keep fit. Can be damaging on his day. Sele's had some really good games for us, but both him and F Molo come off the bench in a top team.. they both start for us at full strength. We need to sign another hooker.. Liddle is a bench hooker who can change the game against tired middles, but his strengths are almost nullified if he starts. He's average/just above average when he starts. Off the bench, he's lethal. We need to work on making this happen, it will be a real strength if it does
Great post! Ideally you’d have another hooker start for the softening up period and bring on Liddle to spark some attack through the middle with Sloan pushing up from the back.

Old Timer

Coach
If S F grows some balls we already have the starting hooker we actually just need a solid organising half who can kick well and perhaps pot the odd field goal or 2.