What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 v Tigers

SGMax

Juniors
Vaughan gets to show up Woods for the softie he is....Vaughan to run rampant.

Simms named at 2nd Row which I think he prefers....I think playing front row may be why he seems a bit unhappy and subdued at times. A big game will show the coach his best position.

Packer will play hard to show he appreciates the Dragons despite deciding to leave in 2018.

Hopefully it will be a massacre.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Vaughan gets to show up Woods for the softie he is....Vaughan to run rampant.

Simms named at 2nd Row which I think he prefers....I think playing front row may be why he seems a bit unhappy and subdued at times. A big game will show the coach his best position.

Packer will play hard to show he appreciates the Dragons despite deciding to leave in 2018.

Hopefully it will be a massacre.

I wouldn't normally sign up for a massacre but l'm prepared to accept such a result this weekend against the Tigers. ( assumptions based on my good friend being a Tigers supporter )

Life's Good

Coach
I am hoping Duges & Frizz back up to give us a chance to put a good score on them. Regardless we shouldn't have too much trouble if we are able to curb their early energy. If things go well I hope Mary gives Field some more time because it could be the type of game he would be able to run riot(missed opportunity against the Warriors).

Old Timer

Coach
Possible danger game for mine.
If the Blues do knock over Qld then Tedesco and Woods could easily be on an adrenalin induced high and feeling good about their moves to new clubs.
They have a reasonably gifted new player coming in with a point to prove.
Duges on the other hand might be on a low after all the bad press and Frizz might not play as he has some recurring back issues and they may not want to risk him.
You really want Widdop to be playing IMO to ensure we keep the team focused and the foot on the gas pedal.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Yes I borrowed my dad's car it was a Nissan 1600 and boy did I smash it .funny thing dad wasn't upset he had the right insurance go the BIG RED. V.

Gareth67

First Grade
I'm happy to put a friendly bet on we will score 40+ against a heartless team led by a heartless forward In Woods

Mickeylane , " never look a gift horse in the mouth " , but on this occasion I shall . We are both Dragon supporters my friend and whether the team wins by 4 or 40 I really don't care , just as long as they play with the same commitment and passion that they have been , plus the 2 competition points , I will be very happy , but thanks anyway .

Last edited:

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Why am I thinking this is a danger game, more so than the following week against the Dogs?
Is it the expectation that we will win and win handsomely?
Is it that the WT are playing so bad?
Or is it simply the fact that when we have rolled up to games in the past that we were expected to win, only to see us not turn up?
Plus I don't think they will fall into the same trap as when we last played them in rd 5, Cleary will be awake to that.
I have a god opinion of their prop Seumanufagai, no wonder the Sharks have signed him and Nofoaluma is a very good player. Not sure how Lolohea will go first game, we may get lucky that he hasn't formed any partnership with Littlejohn and maybe rusty, but he can't be underestimated aza he's likely to have a blinder to impress his new club.

I mean I hope we put a cricket score on them, but in reality I will be happy to be 20 in front with about 10 to play. Then my Saturday night can be relaxing,

Bench
If we are 20 in front the game is over, if Field is on the bench give him some game time

saintsarealive1

Juniors
I can't see this mob letting anyone off the hook!
Vaughan
Packer
McInnes
Thompson
Frizzel
JDB
Simms
Ah Mau
Geeze Mickey Lane I wish you blokes didn't predict a massacre VS Tigers, I wasnt nervous about this game but am now.
Suppose our players are thinking the same and we get rolled through complacency.
Saints by 4. Tigers put on a decent display to impress Packer.

MilanDragon

Juniors
It won't be as easy as most are suggesting.

Cleary will have the tigers ready to go.

I think we really got to turn up ready to play or might be in for a rude awakening.

However I do believe if we 'turn up' we could really put a number on them.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
If we dominate the wrestle in the middle then we should get home, the Tigers pack have been dominated this year and there's no reason why our pack can't do the same.

But as Alec said, the biggest challenge is the Tiger's energy out of the gate. We've seen them race to an early lead against teams like Melbourne, we can't let that happen. If we can weather the early storm then i'm confident we can get the cash. You never know in this competition though.

Minh

First Grade
The old saying, there are no easy games is true....Tigers have plenty of talented players but this is a game we must fire up and win, it's a great opportunity for us.....

Dragons 09

Juniors
If we are at full strength and are serious finals contenders, we should lap this rabble.

I don't subscribe to the "danger game" theory based on what the Tigers are capable of, they're a basket case and ready to be embarrassed by any team worthy of playing September footy.

The only "danger" is if our head space is wrong or if we are finals pretenders rather than finals contenders.

Good guys by 16 and The Vaughan Supremacy man of that match as he tears Powder-puff Woods a new one and reinforces that Laurie Daley is a coach/selector myth.

hazzbeen

Bench
The old saying, there are no easy games is true....Tigers have plenty of talented players but this is a game we must fire up and win, it's a great opportunity for us.....
If we have changed this year and are on the rise this sort of game we should win and do it easy , over to you MARY .....

Dragsters

First Grade
Hi all im back after a month overseas..

Finally we get to see our best centre pairing show their wares!

Happy days..

Slippery Morris

First Grade
If Brooks is out their halves are pretty ordinary in Rankin and Liddle. Saints should do them. Lolohea will come good but he will need a game or 2 under the belt. Tedesco will be backing up as well.

If they win this it sets them up nicely for next week as Storm play Sharks and Dragons v Dogs. Possible 2nd spot for the Dragons if Sharks lose and Saints beat the Tigers and Dogs. 20 pts after round 14. Not bad at all.

Uplifting

Juniors
We are counting our chickens before they've hatched, but I trust that our boys are professional enough to expect a tough game this weekend.