What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14: V Gus's new BFF (the worriers)

betcats

Referee
I’m confused and interested in everyone’s thoughts.

Why do we think T.May is being picked ahead of Nado in the Centre’s? I love May as a footballer and I think he does a great job, but surely Nado is a better centre.

Do we think it’s because Ivan thinks that Nado is a better winger than MWZ? If so, does Nado go back to the centre’s when T’oo is back? Or does Ivan not like Nado in the centre’s?

Personally, I don’t think MWZ did anything wrong and our team would be more dangerous with Nado in the centre’s and May in the 14, MWZ on the wing.

Thoughts?
*Also, this isn’t a whinge, I think May is more than capable of doing a good job.

They are starting May in the centres because Aekins has been playing fullback. The way our team plays the fullback role entails being the second receiver on the right side attacking set plays, Aekins just doesnt have the passing for that. Look at Mays try assists in the last two games, they have come from the position the fullback usually would be playing and even Edwards would struggle to make the passes that May made to Naden. If Edwards had not been injured i think they would have gone with MWZ outside Naden but with Aekins the whole right side attack is severely limited unless you can swap him with May on certain plays.

franklin2323

Immortal

Why do we think T.May is being picked ahead of Nado in the Centre’s? I love May as a footballer and I think he does a great job, but surely Nado is a better centre.

Do we think it’s because Ivan thinks that Nado is a better winger than MWZ? If so, does Nado go back to the centre’s when T’oo is back? Or does Ivan not like Nado in the centre’s?

Personally, I don’t think MWZ did anything wrong and our team would be more dangerous with Nado in the centre’s and May in the 14, MWZ on the wing.

Thoughts?
*Also, this isn’t a whinge, I think May is more than capable of doing a good job.

I have no idea the reasoning behind it. I think Naden needs work as a centre. Unless he is going to make way for To'o

Kilkenny

Coach
On the subject of resting players I’m sure Ivan would if someone was carrying in injury even if only a minor one.

I assume the side he is putting out are for the most part niggle free and he sees no reason to change what is working.

Injuries are part the game and can happen at any time, we can only hope we don’t get any serious ones to key players in the latter part of this season.

Kilkenny

Coach

Thoughts?

Im really not sure what Ivan’s thinking is around the inclusion of May in the centres. He seems to have done a solid job so hard to question his decision making I guess.

I agree MWZ has always done a solid job when called upon. Slightly unlucky in many ways but I guess it’s hard to question the coaches selections in 2020.

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
Why are we so worried about resting players.

The whole season is only 20 games long (6 less than previous years) then the finals.

The players had 2 months off after the first 2 rounds.

There is no State of Origin games to interfere. So the likes of Nathan aren't burnt out with the intensity of Origin and backing up a few days later to play a regular game.

Sure some players have the odd niggle which can be managed week to week but otherwise we should pick the best team we can and win this competition.

Kilkenny

Coach

The whole season is only 20 games long (6 less than previous years) then the finals.

The players had 2 months off after the first 2 rounds.

There is no State of Origin games to interfere. So the likes of Nathan aren't burnt out with the intensity of Origin and backing up a few days later to play a regular game.

Sure some players have the odd niggle which can be managed week to week but otherwise we should pick the best team we can and win this competition.

I’m in your camp. Keep picking the best side, whomever is fit and available.

Winning form is good form.

I do feel a tad sorry to see some players such as Burton not getting game time but it is impossible to currently question the decisions of the coaching and support staff.

Abacus

Juniors
Not every week you get a chance to set a new club record winning streak. No way I'd be resting players this week.

The_Frog

First Grade
Im really not sure what Ivan’s thinking is around the inclusion of May in the centres. He seems to have done a solid job so hard to question his decision making I guess.
Seems to me he likes to name an unchanged side and make his changes later.

MugaB

Coach
Seems to me he likes to name an unchanged side and make his changes later.
If there is an injury, depends where?
But may will move, nado goes to centre, laurie to wing, if edwards or aekins plays fullback and there isn't any injuries, laurie will be last 20 at fullback, thats pretty much it.
To'o comes back nado is back at centre, with May at 14.
When Whare comes back, i feel that mansour is getting a rest, and nado goes to that wing

betcats

Referee
Hopefully Ivan is thinking bigger picture and wants to win the premiership and if resting a player now helps that well I am all for it.

Yep a winning streak is a minor achievement compared to a premiership.

Anyway it seems they are getting guys rest without them missing games so they are thinking about keeping guys as fresh as possible

Pomoz

Bench
Anybody who has done military service knows what they are going through. It is extremely difficult to be away from your family for months on end. Many marriages can't survive that length of separation and this is why the divorce rate is pretty high in the military.

It is exactly why I left the army, I just couldn't stand watching my wife cry her eyes out every time I went away. My mates who had young babies would come back after six months and find their kids can't remember them and are scared of them. Six months is an eternity to a 1 year old.

On the plus side, they will build some life long friendships from being together in close proximity for such a long time. It could give them a foundation for a really good year next year. When the season ends they deserve a good long break back home. Well done Warriors for taking one for the team.

WestyLife

First Grade
Anybody who has done military service knows what they are going through. It is extremely difficult to be away from your family for months on end. Many marriages can't survive that length of separation and this is why the divorce rate is pretty high in the military.

It is exactly why I left the army, I just couldn't stand watching my wife cry her eyes out every time I went away. My mates who had young babies would come back after six months and find their kids can't remember them and are scared of them. Six months is an eternity to a 1 year old.

On the plus side, they will build some life long friendships from being together in close proximity for such a long time. It could give them a foundation for a really good year next year. When the season ends they deserve a good long break back home. Well done Warriors for taking one for the team.

I had to come home because the wife couldn't handle it and that was 11 weeks.

ACTPanthers

Bench

I get that, totally - My ex-wife would struggle hard when I was on exercise or ops - Up to 6 months away and her with a new born wasn't easy - As it is now, I barely travel for work (thank god) but had to go to Brissie for 6 months not long ago and my current missus was not happy about it - We've spoken about if I was to ever re-join the Army (can't now, I'm too old but as a hypothetical) and she's adamant that she wouldn't cope when/if I was deployed.

Blade23

Juniors

The goal is to keep the core players together so we don't break up combinations and upset the way the team is playing at the moment.
If someone like Mansour needs a week off (like earlier in the year) to manage an injury before it gets worse, they will do it. They won't rotate for the sake of giving someone a rest.

Latest posts