What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 - v Tigers

justadragon

Bench
probably the toughest selection week we have had

20 players have got their hand up for sure after last weeks NRL and NSWCup efforts
Yep I reckon there might be a few disappointed lads there Auntie, then again we dont know how our players are going to pull up from SOO, might change a few things.

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
Team list has Hunt Su'a Zac as reserves but otherwise, unchanged list from last week. What I would like to see is

Hunt come in for Marschke (just cos it'll naturally happen obviously) but push him to 14 and Lawrie to be left right out

Su'a to take that left edge spot and Luc to come off the bench, possibly replacing Ryan Couchman although I think he played really well. I will also be honest in saying I think Ryan could take FMolos spot at some point but maybe not yet

Zac to take right centre and push Max to reggies

Edit: how come for the first time I actually see a problem with having too many decently performing forwards? Is this a Dragons game or nto?

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
FRIDAY

St. George-Illawarra Dragons vs. Wests Tigers, 8pm AEST at WIN Stadium

Dragons team:
1. Tyrell Sloan 2. Sione Finau 3. Moses Suli 4. Mathew Feagai 5. Mathew Feagai 6. Kyle Flanagan 7. Jesse Marschke 8. Francis Molo 9. Jacob Liddle 10. Jack de Belin 11. Luciano Leilua 12. Raymond Faitala-Mariner 13. Tom Eisenhuth 14. Blake Lawrie 15. Ben Murdoch-Masila 16. Toby Couchman 17. Ryan Couchman 18. Fa’amanu Brown 19. Michael Molo 20. Christian Tuipulotu 21. Ben Hunt 22. Jaydn Su’A 23. Zac Lomax

Analysis: To come.

Tigers team:
1. Jahream Bula 2. Alexander Lobb 3. Charlie Staines 4. Justin Olam 5. Solomon Alaimalo 6. Lachlan Galvin 7. Jayden Sullivan 8. Stefano Utoikamanu 9. Apisai Koroisau 10. Alex Twal 11. Samuela Fainu 12. Alex Seyfarth 13. Justin Matamua 14. Brent Naden 15. Fonua Pole 16. Sione Fainu 17. Reuben Porter 18. Tallyn Da Silva 19. Solomona Faataape 20. Kit Laulilii 21. Asu Kepaoa 22. Jordan Miller

Analysis: To come.

Phantom V

Juniors
I’d rather see our SOO boys rested this week. They’ll be sore and sorry only 2 days after the match and we’ll get better value with the same team that beat the Panthers last week. If we can play like we did in the second half we could rack up a score here.

Parko1310

Juniors
They players say its easier to back up 2 days after origin rather than more.
This is the game we need to win and if our 3 origin reps don't play a part we might find it hard.
We also need to win the week after against Manly, going into the bye and potentially knocking over a team that's close to us on the ladder. The team the tigers have named is pretty poor, so it might be worth taking the risk of resting our origin players. I think possibly playing one of them could be the move, and with Lomax being the fittest he may be the one to include

Dragons4me

Juniors
To me the way we have announced this weeks team is a squad first approach

reward the effort from last weekend via training like u will play this weekend

keep the pressure on performance for every single player

you don’t own a jersey

keep the opposition guessing

I love it
Yep. Good post.
We beat the team (some, including me) expected we'd lose. Penrith. In the rain at Penrith Park no less!
So we now come up against a team we would expect (including me) to win. Tigpies.
So I say be bold and reward those boys from last week. I loved the Marschke/Flanno combo and give them the chance to show us again what they can do. Loved the Couchman try by the way!
A win this weekend will send many messages across the team, including our SOO boys! Will be interesting!

hewi

Bench
One is Finau, the other is Fainu

So may Sione Finau win!

Generally interested in what Flanagan wants to see from Ravalawa to come back into the first grade. Is it defensive positions, high ball stuff or other?? Happy that he is picking a little on form but having said that Lawrie is still there.

I just wonder if this is a way to try and squeeze Rava out, he is signed for 25/26 but I can’t help but think Flanagan might be happy if he asked for a release.