What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 15 vs Dragons - Game Day Thread

hindy111

Post Whore
Grinding win. Very controlled performace from halves. Their kicking games where great.
Brown i feel needs to save himself a little as misses a few tackles.But a great game.

Only area I felt we lacked was upfront. None of our props did much but a job. It would be nice to have a prop capable of the odd mom performance.
But we finished with 15 men. Good effort none the less. A bye and rest up.

Eelogical

Referee
Gutho at FB, Bev on the wing is how it should be

Totally agree. Eels look so much better with Guth at FB. He deserves to be selected there and treasure the #1 spot as his. The backline looks almost sorted with today's lineup. Taka needs to move to the forwards or move on. As far as the forwards are concerned, Timmy is fast becoming a liability and Peats needs to come home.

strider

Post Whore
So, just as a point of interest, with Jennings on the right Moses missed 2 tackles and made 20.
Moses put his body infront of merkins to day ... it was a massive step up defensively from him ... im not sure it was jenko's presence, moreso mitch hardening up

strider

Post Whore
So i was curious and went and had a look how many penalties the Dragons concede in games

average about 5 or 6
most 9 twice and 8 once
least (other than today) 3 once and 4 twice

Hope BA mentions how amazingly well disciplined the opposition were today

hineyrulz

Post Whore
So, just as a point of interest, with Jennings on the right Moses missed 2 tackles and made 20.
Smart work by BA to change it up. Jennings shut down everything that moved.

Moses, Taka and French was a disaster waiting to happen.

Bazal

Post Whore
Moses put his body infront of merkins to day ... it was a massive step up defensively from him ... im not sure it was jenko's presence, moreso mitch hardening up

I think he had the confidence to do that because Jenko didn't let him get isolated like he has in the last few games. It was a little of one and a bit of the other IMO.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I would suggest ACL. But that's just a guess. It was a very nasty knee issue

I suggest considering how tough he is and considering the pain he was in, it may be an ACL but also a bit more!!

He was in to much pain to just be an ACL I reckon (I have done mine and pain wise it isn't that bad!!)

Dibs

Bench
Totally agree. Eels look so much better with Guth at FB. He deserves to be selected there and treasure the #1 spot as his. The backline looks almost sorted with today's lineup. Taka needs to move to the forwards or move on. As far as the forwards are concerned, Timmy is fast becoming a liability and Peats needs to come home.
But Souths have Robbie and that other dude, why would they need peats back?

Bazal

Post Whore
I suggest considering how tough he is and considering the pain he was in, it may be an ACL but also a bit more!!

He was in to much pain to just be an ACL I reckon (I have done mine and pain wise it isn't that bad!!)

I can't speak for just ACL, given I did a proper job and did MCL and meniscus as well, but I've certainly seen blokes screaming from popping the ACL. And I've seen blokes try and play on.

Seems to be one of those injuries that has a broad spectrum of pain levels. Could be a dislocated knee cap, but the point is it was a serious knee injury...

jk13

First Grade
Thought BA summed it up well pre game on radio, Moses isn't afraid to put the body into it but his technique needs more work.