What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 15 vs Roosters

Panthers coach Anthony Griffin has named his side to face Sydney Roosters at Allianz Stadium on Friday.

Viliame Kikau has been ruled out with a medial ligament injury while Waqa Blake (ankle), Moses Leota (pectoral) and Josh Mansour (cheekbone) are also unavailable.

James Maloney will captain the Panthers against the Roosters following the sudden retirement of Peter Wallace.

The Panthers will wear the 2018 Away Jersey.

CATCH THE PANTHER BUS TO ALLIANZ STADIUM

Panthers v Roosters
7.50pm Friday
Allianz Stadium

1. Dallin WATENE-ZELEZNIAK - sponsored by Hertz
2. Christian CRICHTON - sponsored by Potter Automotive
3. Tyrone PEACHEY - sponsored by Annlyn Motors
4. Dean WHARE - sponsored by Col Western Sheds
5. Tyrone PHILLIPS - sponsored by Chardon and Abbott Home Loans
6. James MALONEY (c) - sponsored by Elite Sand and Soil
7. Nathan CLEARY - sponsored by Protech Locksmiths
8. Trent MERRIN - sponsored by Signace
9. Sione KATOA - sponsored by HIX Group
10. Reagan CAMPBELL-GILLARD - sponsored by Daily Press
11. Corey HARAWIRA-NAERA - sponsored by Sinclair Ford
12. Isaah YEO - sponsored by Heartland Holden
13. James FISHER-HARRIS - sponsored by OAK Plus

14. Wayde EGAN - sponsored by Irresistible Pools and Spas
15. Kaide ELLIS - sponsored by Chemtools
16. Jack HETHERINGTON - sponsored by Steel Roofing Supply Centre
17. James TAMOU - sponsored by ABL Tile and Bathroom Centre
18. Jarome LUAI - sponsored by OAK Plus
19. Liam MARTIN - sponsored by OAK Plus
20. Tyrone MAY - sponsored by OAK Plus
21. Nick LUI-TOSO - sponsored by OAK Plus

No Blake either but Gould did say the other day he could pop up for ISP this weekend or play for Fiji next week in the rep weekend.

Panther Pete

Juniors
I think this game will give us our best indication of where we are at this year. Roosters have a quality side and even though they are a couple of wins behind us this will be a real test for us. If we play anything like we did Friday against Canberra we will be for a very long night.

tripster

Juniors
I think this game will give us our best indication of where we are at this year. Roosters have a quality side and even though they are a couple of wins behind us this will be a real test for us. If we play anything like we did Friday against Canberra we will be for a very long night.

100%. We need to be just as up for this game as we were against the Dragons.

tripster

Juniors
I just noticed that Cummins and Klein are the referees. In some sense that is worse than Perenara because we know Cummins always seems to be harsh on our team.

I just hope we don’t see overzealous use of the new sin bin for ‘foul play’. I can see JFH getting sent to the bin by Cummins for a totally fair hit on Cronk for example as a reaction to the new rule...

OldPanther

Coach
I just noticed that Cummins and Klein are the referees. In some sense that is worse than Perenara because we know Cummins always seems to be harsh on our team.

I just hope we don’t see overzealous use of the new sin bin for ‘foul play’. I can see JFH getting sent to the bin by Cummins for a totally fair hit on Cronk for example as a reaction to the new rule...

Oh no Klein is the most incompetent ref ever. Everyone will get robbed and Broncos will get the 2 points.

Cummins is the one Trent Robinson had a run in with a few years ago.

Kilkenny

Coach
The Roosters haven't really got out of second gear thus far in 2018 and yet sit just outside the top four on 18 points.

At the same time we sit equal top of the ladder despite having only performed for the full 80 minutes in two maybe three of our wins this season.

I think we are capable of winning on Friday night but at the same time I would not be surprised if the Roosters put us to the sword either.

While the injury to Kikau appears to be only short term, thankfully, our current top 17 is lacking a little in quality and experience particularly on the wings and bench.

If we can win three of our next six games, getting Blake, Mansour, Kikau & Leota back in the top 17 then we should be well placed to hopefully secure enough wins overall to secure a top four spot which would be a terrific achievement given what has been a horrific injury toll this season.

Kilkenny

Coach
Bench looks pretty weak having lost Kikau. I hope May comes in gor Egan.

Your right, it is not ideal but I just had a look at our side we put out in Round 1 and there are seven players not available for selection, some of which are ruled out for the season. There are many others not available either and yet we are still in a position to put out a side which will be at the very least competitive. I agree with you in so much as I am not sure what purpose it serves having a player like Egan on the bench who will only come on for 20 minutes at the very most in the one position. Surely we would be better served having May on the bench who can fill multiple positions including dummy half.