What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 16. vs the Titans. Game day thread.

Shit mate you’re a glutton for punishment, hope you at least watched that last bit on fast forward

This comp has been crazy this year so hopefully they come out and dust the Broncos next week
Yep Kayo 3x speed.
Watched the RTS tackle a few times as struggled with it to see what went wrong. Someone needs to lose their job over it. But hey it's the Warriors so no on cares.

My wife also asked why I did it. Need to see a shrink to figure that one out.

sup42

Juniors
I missed the game, I should be watching it now that I am home from a family function.

I told people no spoilers. But ah yeah, my son says to me Dad it is so bad you will want to know. Otherwise you will start watching at midnight and be awake all night.

I have to say I was shocked by the scoreline but only for short time.

I am not going to claim I told you so with the return of Johnson et al, because none of us have a crystal ball and can claim foresight.....especially not in hindsight.

However the issue is becoming clearer now we have a very stark comparison to what TMM and CHT did with barely any practice together.

As we used to say in my old hospital career....it is diagnostic.

Big Marn

Bench
How many sin bins have we had this year?
CHT in Cowboys game and RTS are pure jokes.
Normally i would be watching a game in real time when an incident happens, and be thinking.... could be on report. could be in the bin. could be sent off. (depending on severity...and the ref in charge).
In RTS's case, a penalty being given never even crossed my mine. It was a good strong tackle. the guy landed on his back. A tackle to be proud of. I was flabbergasted by what happened next.

so were a few others.......

courtesy of. https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/a...d/news-story/00fecfa767a9a4896183a0ee749105be

Fox League’s Warren Smith posted: “Two hip drops and neither play sin-binned, but then RTS goes for 10 for a tackle with perfect technique but the player lands on his back. Which is bad in 2024.”

Both Campbell and Te Maire Martin avoided being sent off but were put on report for hip-drop tackles in the first half.

The Daily Telegraph’s Dean Ritchie wrote simply: “Seriously.....”

WWOS’ The Mole commented: “RTS sin bin embarrassing though … bunker clueless.”

The NRL Bloke account posted: “RTS sin binned for that? Wow bunker bunker bunker!”

“I was enjoying watching the Titans win until Campbell’s blatant hip drop that didn’t result in a sin bin but RTS was sin binned for a good hard tackle where the player only landed on his back,” one fan wrote.

Another said: “That’s one hell of a soft sin bin for RTS “dangerous tackle”. Laughable, actually. Rugby league is now almost rugby union.”

A third opined: “The Wahs are horrible today, but that sin binning of RTS is a disgrace.”

A fourth raged: “RTS send off is an absolute JOKE! Adam gee is the worse ref in comp ( yes the worst ) NRL is becoming laughable.”

Another fan said the NRL are “absolutely kidding themselves”, while another labelled it “embarrassing”.

Other fans questioned whether it was even deserving of a penalty.

Big Marn

Bench
That's the worst part of the capitulation this year is that Warriors had sell outs, it didn't feel to much like a bandwagon and they are flushing it all down the toilet.
If we had half the success of Storm or Panther we would be needing a bigger stadium. But the good will evaporates fast.
will be back to just us diehards soon if they dont turn the ship around. But i think there will be a response next week.

Normally i would be watching a game in real time when an incident happens, and be thinking.... could be on report. could be in the bin. could be sent off. (depending on severity...and the ref in charge).
In RTS's case, a penalty being given never even crossed my mine. It was a good strong tackle. the guy landed on his back. A tackle to be proud of. I was flabbergasted by what happened next.

so were a few others.......

courtesy of. https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/a...d/news-story/00fecfa767a9a4896183a0ee749105be

Fox League’s Warren Smith posted: “Two hip drops and neither play sin-binned, but then RTS goes for 10 for a tackle with perfect technique but the player lands on his back. Which is bad in 2024.”

Both Campbell and Te Maire Martin avoided being sent off but were put on report for hip-drop tackles in the first half.

The Daily Telegraph’s Dean Ritchie wrote simply: “Seriously.....”

WWOS’ The Mole commented: “RTS sin bin embarrassing though … bunker clueless.”

The NRL Bloke account posted: “RTS sin binned for that? Wow bunker bunker bunker!”

“I was enjoying watching the Titans win until Campbell’s blatant hip drop that didn’t result in a sin bin but RTS was sin binned for a good hard tackle where the player only landed on his back,” one fan wrote.

Another said: “That’s one hell of a soft sin bin for RTS “dangerous tackle”. Laughable, actually. Rugby league is now almost rugby union.”

A third opined: “The Wahs are horrible today, but that sin binning of RTS is a disgrace.”

A fourth raged: “RTS send off is an absolute JOKE! Adam gee is the worse ref in comp ( yes the worst ) NRL is becoming laughable.”

Another fan said the NRL are “absolutely kidding themselves”, while another labelled it “embarrassing”.

Other fans questioned whether it was even deserving of a penalty.
This is the thing, so many could see the tackle was a non issue and confirms some of the clear bias the Warriors and other teams face. But nothing will happen.
If something does it won't benefit Warriors.
If players can be fined, why can't officials?

tough watch.
Funny last week when asked about the losing streak against the Storm he said the guys out there aren't the same team that had lost to them the previous times.

Now he has the team that has the equal worst losing record out there!

Blair

Coach
The plane ride home would've been interesting.

Who sat next to who? Were there hushed conversations? Were they laughing and joking like nothing happened? Were they just nodding off like lazy c****? Were the other passengers still fawning over them? Did the flight captain announce 'nup, the Wahs!' over the intercom?

Rich102

Staff member
Sadly the only reason I can think of for such an overwhelming loss involves match fixing.
I wonder if anyone will investigate?