What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 17 Vs Titans

betcats

Referee
It wasn't Jimmy's miss. It was Cordner's. If you are counting on Jimmy to stop Papalii close to the line, someone hasn't done their job.

It was 100 percent Jimmys error, he read it wrong went up to far and left a huge gap for Papali to walk through and then he slipped trying to recover. They were 10 meteres off the line btw and jimmy barely touched him it’s not he got in front of Papali and got run over, he f**ked up his read and wasnt there to attemp a tackle. Rushing out to fast is a common defensive error Jimmy makes.

TheFrog

Coach
It was 100 percent Jimmys error, he read it wrong went up to far and left a huge gap for Papali to walk through and then he slipped trying to recover. They were 10 meteres off the line btw and jimmy barely touched him it’s not he got in front of Papali and got run over, he f**ked up his read and wasnt there to attemp a tackle. Rushing out to fast is a common defensive error Jimmy makes.
You didn't see Cordner just forget to tackle him? It was almost Bryce-like.

Fangs

Coach
If Maloney and Cleary play then I am expecting a very expansive game of football. Cleary needs to throw caution to the wind and start hooping the ball out wide. We did it well against the Warriors and it was effective in Origin III.

If Maloney and Cleary play then I am expecting a very expansive game of football. Cleary needs to throw caution to the wind and start hooping the ball out wide. We did it well against the Warriors and it was effective in Origin III.

You’re a positive fella, Fangs. I doubt Cleary is going to change his game anytime soon, it is what it is. Although it doesn’t help him when he’s got Whare on his side of the field.

Fangs

Coach
You’re a positive fella, Fangs. I doubt Cleary is going to change his game anytime soon, it is what it is. Although it doesn’t help him when he’s got Whare on his side of the field.

It doesn't take that much vision does it? If you see some space just lob it over. We aren't talking level 10 vision here.

People saying Pearce was shit in Origin III. Well, he was. But he still got it out wide which created the chance for the final try. In the same way I thought Luai wasn't great against the Warriors. He got it to Naden with a bit of space, Maloney was doing the same all game.

Just looks coached to me, not something special that only a select few can do. It will be in the gameplan.

It doesn't take that much vision does it? If you see some space just lob it over. We aren't talking level 10 vision here.

People saying Pearce was shit in Origin III. Well, he was. But he still got it out wide which created the chance for the final try. In the same way I thought Luai wasn't great against the Warriors. He got it to Naden with a bit of space, Maloney was doing the same all game.

Just looks coached to me, not something special that only a select few can do. It will be in the gameplan.

Well he’s got no history of doing it, so I don’t see why he’d change. He hardly passes to the centres let alone shifting it over the top.

Luke Bowden

First Grade

What are you talking about?? He ran through on Jimmys inside Shoulder? How was it a bad read? He was definitely Cordners man.

Fangs

Coach
Well he’s got no history of doing it, so I don’t see why he’d change. He hardly passes to the centres let alone shifting it over the top.

Nothing dramatic, his coach should just give him a simple instruction. Lets try and get it out wide early today, just like against the Warriors.

He may even get a try assist if he does that.

MrBlack

Juniors

This is a bit of a trend with teams now. They play a forward at first receiver and give it to a wider standing half. We did it to great effect in SOO2 (Look at the positioning of Jake T in attack).

Penrith started doing it against the Warrioirs. It would work very well tonight against a Titans team that is weaker out wide than most.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
He was on Jimmys inside cause Jimmy had out of the line too far as I said.

He’s still cordners man, you defend inside out, it’s pretty simple. Maloney’s actions meant he couldn’t help Cordner, but they had an over lap any way. He was caught in a shit spot.

Latest posts