What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 vs Parramatta

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
And this is disregarding the fact that Hardacker needs time on the field, so a full NSW Cup game would have been 100 times more useful for him and the club. But that is a secondary consideration.

BxTom

Bench
Okay, one more time, slowly and simply for you to understand:

Griffin should not have had Hardacker on the bench in the first place.

Hope this helps you finally understand my rather simple point.

Good you see that you realise that you are only capable of making simple posts. But you were whinging about him not being used. d!ckhead.

Tom.

Pomoz

Bench

That wasn't the original question about why he wasn't used and we seem to agree that he shouldn't have been used.

As for whether he should have been there, I can see what Griffin is trying to do, give him a run to let him get used to the NRL but it is a risky strategy if you start losing because then you are playing a man short. A luxury we couldn't afford. I agree with those who said he would have been better in NSW cup to get some match fitness. Griffin was probably hoping he could swap him with Moylan at FB and give Moylan a rest after SOO. Parra had other ideas and refused to give in.

I know people think Griffin is clueless but he said something in the press conference that really hit home for me. He said:

"Even when we were way on top there at 22-18 and I don't think we completed a set then. It was party time again and wanting to get there too easy. I don't think it's our starts [that are the problem] I think it's our 80 minutes."

How true is this? We just clock off for periods and then suddenly try and get going again. When we are in our "get going" phase, we steamroll up the field and cause havoc, probably score and look like future premiers. Then we stop running straight, Latu thinks he's Cliffy Lyons and runs sideways and passes to somebody with four opposition defenders taking his fingerprints, DZW tries to offload inside our 1m line with 13 players and a battalion of SAS tackling him and knocks on and the opposition stroll through for a try, untouched under the post. Then we go "we better get going", rinse, repeat.

Is it fitness? Not fit enough, lose concentration and try and have a rest. Or is the overall lack of experience in the team? Maybe both?

mxlegend99

Referee

Its not praising Griffin and Gus so he can't comprehend it.

Saw this last night , gob smacked. Gould actually agreed with Griffin's take on Twitter.

I wouldn't expect Gould to do any else than agree with Griffin publicly. Its a bad look otherwise with vermin in the media like Rothfield ready to expose any public disagreement or criticism from a CEO on a Coach.
Its what Gould believes privately and what he is going to do about that counts.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Really glad I didnt turn off after the first half like I wanted to - That was terrible...

However, the 2nd was defensively brilliant - I'd lke to think Griffin gave them a spray at HT, but from what I saw in the sheds (on the tele) he didnt look too animated... Still, whatever happened worked, and it needs to continue for 80 mins every game - If we defend like we did in the 2nd half, we'll be hard to beat.

Have to say though, not having enough players in a scrum was a little embarrassing ;)

maple_69

Bench
How is our second tier so up the shit this year? Our injuries haven't been too bad outside of long term injuries to Whare and Hiku. Is it all the young guys we've brought in?

If we can't bring another forward in, get Carty or Peach back to the forwards and get Martin/Edwards/Hardaker into the backs.

franklin2323

Immortal
How is our second tier so up the shit this year? Our injuries haven't been too bad outside of long term injuries to Whare and Hiku. Is it all the young guys we've brought in?

If we can't bring another forward in, get Carty or Peach back to the forwards and get Martin/Edwards/Hardaker into the backs.

McKendry, Latimore, Whare, Hiku and Martin all out. Akoula, Edwards, JFH, Leota All debuting from the 2nd tier. Not sure how the released players and mid season signings work on the cap either.

Has anyone done the Maths on Points per game now? It would have to be better now the Storm game and before surely. So hard to say it's not working though when Martin's fit he should be the 6

RD 13 (STORM GAME) AND PRIOR - Scoring 19ppg, conceding 20.75
RD 14 ONWARDS - Scoring 23.4ppg, conceding 25.6
Has increased 4.4 points per game in attack, let in 4.85 points more per game.

Latest posts