What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 vs Parramatta

martielang

Bench
So he Should of played Hardaker for the sake of playing him? He didn't think the game was right for him, so didn't play him. I have no issue with that at all.

Thought Akaoula was tremendous when he came on. Actually the bench players all helped change the momentum by punching behind the ruck and playing straight.

We clearly played a lot straighter after half time and we looked like a different side, a decent side even. Our forwards fired up, our defence seemed to move as one, Griffin deserves credit for a lot of thar it IMO.

Wallace holding up Gutherson was a hugeeee play. What a tackle.

kinghippo

Juniors
The only reason we won that is the Jennings injury, at least 2 of the tries we scored would have been shut down early by any half decent centre. Cartwright is to slow going sideways with centres and fullbacks and to big to turn back inside effectively when stepped or an inside ball thrown. He should of been moved after Tedesco showed everyone how to score vs Penrith, but our coach can't seem to adjust to problems, which is why we are getting worse every week.

TheFrog

Coach
My guess is that he thought we'd be safe at some stage in the second half and he'd bring Zac on then. But we were never safe. I'm sure he'll be in the reggies next week, where he should have been all along.

The only reason we won that is the Jennings injury, at least 2 of the tries we scored would have been shut down early by any half decent centre.

Jenko sure showed in the Origin series what a demon defender he is, huh?

kinghippo

Juniors
My guess is that he thought we'd be safe at some stage in the second half and he'd bring Zac on then. But we were never safe. I'm sure he'll be in the reggies next week, where he should have been all along.

Jenko sure showed in the Origin series what a demon defender he is, huh?

Not saying Jennings is awesome at defence, but we exploited Scott when he went off, that is where our tries came from. If he slid and didn't rush out of line the tries would not have been so easy.

kinghippo

Juniors
If people want to think it was a stern rev up by the coach that got the team going for the second half you are welcome to that, but I tend to think our forwards started going forward because Scott and mau mau were in the centres and wicks was injured. Our forwards should have been going well all game, but we seem to be avoiding the hard yards up the middle, relying on mansour and DWZ to much

If people want to think it was a stern rev up by the coach that got the team going for the second half you are welcome to that, but I tend to think our forwards started going forward because Scott and mau mau were in the centres and wicks was injured. Our forwards should have been going well all game, but we seem to be avoiding the hard yards up the middle, relying on mansour and DWZ to much

Cannot imagine Griffin revving anyone up, he will not raise his voice higher or louder than the monotone boring pitch he talks with when interviewed.

kinghippo

Juniors
Now that you mention it, that makes for a really funny image in my mind. Griffin using longer sentences loudly and the players just cringing at the noise. it would sound like a lawn mower 2 doors down.

Forget about Hardaker not being used , the real outrage is Moylan not at 5/8

1.Hardaker
6.Moylan
12.Cartwright

This is rugby league , not rocket science.

Cartwright is being hurt playing out of position , Cleary is being hurt playing without a genuine 5/8

And Griffin & Gus have dug their heels in so deep they can't possibly change now. Horses arse the both of them.

Forget about Hardaker not being used , the real outrage is Moylan not at 5/8

1.Hardaker
6.Moylan
12.Cartwright

This is rugby league , not rocket science.

Cartwright is being hurt playing out of position , Cleary is being hurt playing without a genuine 5/8

And Griffin & Gus have dug their heels in so deep they can't possibly change now. Horses arse the both of them.

Don't think Hardaker is the option at FB. DWZ atm is the only option for me that could work.

Nealo 12

First Grade
Happy for Mansour. His most consistent year so far, smashing out 200+ metres a game, finishing off tries, reducing his errors and importantly off memory has had no injury setbacks.
That last lost ball before full time really had me going off let me tell you !

Fibroman

First Grade
So he Should of played Hardaker for the sake of playing him? He didn't think the game was right for him, so didn't play him. I have no issue with that at all.

Thought Akaoula was tremendous when he came on. Actually the bench players all helped change the momentum by punching behind the ruck and playing straight.

We clearly played a lot straighter after half time and we looked like a different side, a decent side even. Our forwards fired up, our defence seemed to move as one, Griffin deserves credit for a lot of thar it IMO.

Wallace holding up Gutherson was a hugeeee play. What a tackle.

First time I've ever agreed with you Martie.

Latest posts