What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 vs Parramatta

martielang

Bench
Excusing wasting a bench spot in 2016....that will do me

Yeh that's exactly what I did...

Whether I agree with Hardarker on the bench in the first place and whether I agree with giving Hardaker no playing time, are two different questions and answers.

Billy, appreciate the support. Thanks.

Last edited:

Fibroman

First Grade
Young Cleary just goes from strength to strength. In my opinion, he will be up there with Brandy and Freddy when all the dust settles on his career. What a champion young bloke!

mxlegend99

Referee
Yep. He refuses to admit he was wrong and make the change that obviously needs to be made. I don't think rushing TMM back in will fix anythinh either. Poor kid has missed 3/4 months of football and couldn't possibly be up to returning straight into the NRL. We cant afford to lose many more games..i think we need 30 to make the 8 due to our f/a. Just can't see it happening with Cartwright at 6 or with a guy who hasnt played in over 3 months partnering a teenage halfback.

GongPanther

Referee
In case you missed it, an interesting take by Griffin. Apparently everyone sucks and Cartwright is too good for them :joy:
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...s/news-story/c6fb2f42ddbe605e8b65bec760e031a4
You are over amplifying and taking his comment out of context.

Watch the live post match press conference and you'll see his comment are not as inflammatory as you are making out:

http://www.nrl.com/rd-19-press-conference-panthers/tabid/10959/contentid/863743/default.aspx

Yep. He refuses to admit he was wrong and make the change that obviously needs to be made. I don't think rushing TMM back in will fix anythinh either. Poor kid has missed 3/4 months of football and couldn't possibly be up to returning straight into the NRL. We cant afford to lose many more games..i think we need 30 to make the 8 due to our f/a. Just can't see it happening with Cartwright at 6 or with a guy who hasnt played in over 3 months partnering a teenage halfback.

Not only that but what happens when TMM sustains another injury? We go into a holding pattern again with Cartwright at 5/8?!

meek

Juniors

Pomoz

Bench
I think Griffin has a good point. How often does Cartwright get his arm free, only to have no runner waiting for the offload? Blake and JFH both dropped balls when they should have caught them and were running at a gap spotted by Cartwright. Last week DZW stood on his wing watching like a statue as Cartwright run across field instead of coming inside him into the space he created. Our players are not running straight and hard and looking for that short ball Menzies to Lyons style. It's there, they just have to run hard for it.

Parramatta's first half was good because they had players running onto the ball hard and at gaps spotted by Gutherson. In the second half we start running straight and hard and lo and behold we started to get back on top. This was the single biggest factor in seeing us get back on top. Our hands let us down at times. Moylan also passed the ball to men in space who dropped it, although props to Parra for their defensive pressure.

Having said all that, Cartwright made a few mistakes. He also made 23 tackles for zero misses. One of those tackles including stopping Jennings as he started to build up speed in the clear (they scored anyway, but Cartwright made the effort).

Agree with martielang regarding Hardaker. The wingers were outstanding (I bagged DZW but he really put in in the second half, so I dips me lid). Our centres were coping. Who would you take off?

Mansour. Take a bow. You have stepped to a new level this season. Brilliant stuff.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Agree with martielang regarding Hardaker. The wingers were outstanding (I bagged DZW but he really put in in the second half, so I dips me lid). Our centres were coping. Who would you take off?.

That's not the point. You cannot carry a back on the bench and then get praise for not using him. It's a poor selection. Put another bloody forward in. It's like taking a peashooter to a gun fight and then being told how smart you were not to bring it out.

Boggles the mind.

franklin2323

Immortal
Yeh that's exactly what I did...

Whether I agree with Hardarker on the bench in the first place and whether I agree with giving Hardaker no playing time, are two different questions and answers.

Billy, appreciate the support. Thanks.

We were behind the game for most of it. I didn't see where you play him. If we were up 12-0 in the 1st half or something then you'd slot him in

franklin2323

Immortal
That's not the point. You cannot carry a back on the bench and then get praise for not using him. It's a poor selection. Put another bloody forward in. It's like taking a peashooter to a gun fight and then being told how smart you were not to bring it out.

Boggles the mind.

Any worse then the 9 mins Akoula got last week? 4th bench gets stuff all time anyway

martielang

Bench

Boggles the mind.

Bet Parra wished they picked a back on the bench now....

BxTom

Bench

Boggles the mind.

So if the team are playing really well and making a great comeback we should take off one of those players and replace him just because we can. Great tactical thinking there.

Your mind is obviously very easy to boggle.

Tom.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
So if the team are playing really well and making a great comeback we should take off one of those players and replace him just because we can. Great tactical thinking there.

Your mind is obviously very easy to boggle.

Tom.

Okay, one more time, slowly and simply for you to understand:

Griffin should not have had Hardacker on the bench in the first place.

Hope this helps you finally understand my rather simple point.