What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 3Vs Knights Saturday 18th August 3pm Panthers Stadium

OldPanther

Coach
With Maloney out May will likely go to 6 and Egan on the bench. Ciraldo as coach. Talk about getting the band back together.

tripster

Juniors
After the last few weeks I’ll be happy with a win full stop.

In all my time as a Panthers supporter this is absolutely the type of game we lose. Top 4 spot in our grasp and the lowest ranked team we will face for the remainder of the year. Everything suggests we should win by a mile, which is what makes me so nervous.

Pomoz

Bench
I don't wanna start Mx off again with this statement, but there are no easy games in the NRL (yes MX, some game are harder than others). If you are off form you can lose to the last ranked team. Just ask the Dragons. If the Knights play to their best, they will trouble any team. If we play to our best, we can dominate any team. If, is the operative word though. I ain't counting any chickens, no siree........

kinghippo

Juniors
Well I was hoping Maloney got a rest for a few weeks but could train with the team, a proper injury doesn’t help us.

Some rumours around Brown may rest ponga also.

kinghippo

Juniors
Exactly. Let Clubs have 30 player squads all season. Say we call up Aekins, Keighran etc... We just pay them the same.

Don't even need to have 10 day contracts like NBA does
Yeah it’s a crap system, and ironically it actually hinders players opportunities when it was implemented to try and protect them.

Sivo is a prime example, he probably would have had a decent run in first grade this year, and would have picked up a bigger contract as a result.
Stifles people’s ability to earn a first grade spot through good form.

mxlegend99

Referee
Exactly. Let Clubs have 30 player squads all season. Say we call up Aekins, Keighran etc... We just pay them the same.

Don't even need to have 10 day contracts like NBA does
You have to wonder if Hook bitching about Gus telling him who to pick had anything to do with the top 30 cap or not.

Gus has complained that the NRL tell clubs who is able to play and where they can play. Waz Hook complaining about Gus relaying this information to him? Maybe this is his email that will blow up in his face.

Because much of the season our top 17 has been dictated by injuries and who was available in our top 30. I dont see how Gus could have told Hook who he could pick unless Hook wanted to pick Sivo or Aekins etc. and Gus said nah mate you have to pick Philips or Crichton.

Other than that what could it be?

franklin2323

Immortal
Yeah it’s a crap system, and ironically it actually hinders players opportunities when it was implemented to try and protect them.

Sivo is a prime example, he probably would have had a decent run in first grade this year, and would have picked up a bigger contract as a result.
Stifles people’s ability to earn a first grade spot through good form.

Him, Keighran and Aekins were no where near FG standard back in Nov. Yet now would be fighting for the last back position. It should reward hard work

Latest posts