What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 3Vs Knights Saturday 18th August 3pm Panthers Stadium

Peachey wants sweet farewell
By
Nathan Taylor
-
August 15, 2018, 12:54
Tyrone Peachey has enjoyed many spectacular moments at Panthers Stadium during his five-year career at Penrith, but this Saturday afternoon the NSW Blues utility will play his final game there as a Panther.

The 27-year-old excitement machine will be aiming to pull out one more scintillating performance on home turf before he links up with the Gold Coast Titans from next season.

Speaking with the Weekender on Monday morning, Peachey is confident he can notch up one final win at Panthers Stadium ahead of Penrith’s final home game of the 2018 season against the Newcastle Knights.

“I’ve had a lot of good moments there, hopefully we can get that win, finish on a good note and I have a good game,” he said.

“It’s going to be sad… I never thought about it being my last game there until now.”

While it’s unknown whether the club will give Peachey a farewell lap of honour, the Origin winner said it wasn’t necessary.

“Nah, I’m not Josh Mansour,” Peachey joked.

Despite not being able to lock down one position all year, Peachey has enjoyed arguably his strongest season to date. He made his State of Origin debut – playing all three games – and has currently scored nine tries this season for Penrith – his most since 2016 (13).

This Saturday against Newcastle, Peachey will run out with the number ‘1’ on his back for the fourth consecutive game. He said he’s enjoying his new role at fullback and expects to keep it until he “stuffs up”.

“I’m loving the fullback role, you get a lot more ball and we keep winning, so I haven’t stuffed up that bad, which is all that matters really,” he said.

“I played fullback in high school, so it’s not as if I haven’t played it before. I knew I could do a good job, but when I stuff up I’ll probably lose the spot.”

Peachey has been a fan favourite at Penrith since he joined the club in 2014. When news emerged in the off-season that Peachey would be leaving the foot of the Mountains at year’s end, many supporters were disappointed.
While Peachey doesn’t regret his impending move up north, he knows Penrith probably had to move on from him if they were going keep some big names who were off-contract.

“I know the situation the club is in and how they have to keep a couple of players in Reagan and Nathan – and it’s not going to be cheap,” he said.

“I’m a realist and I understand what they have to do to keep them, I’d do the same thing if I was Gus.”
http://westernweekender.com.au/2018/08/peachey-wants-sweet-farewell/

tripster

Juniors
Peachey wants sweet farewell
By
Nathan Taylor
-
August 15, 2018, 12:54
Tyrone Peachey has enjoyed many spectacular moments at Panthers Stadium during his five-year career at Penrith, but this Saturday afternoon the NSW Blues utility will play his final game there as a Panther.

The 27-year-old excitement machine will be aiming to pull out one more scintillating performance on home turf before he links up with the Gold Coast Titans from next season.

Speaking with the Weekender on Monday morning, Peachey is confident he can notch up one final win at Panthers Stadium ahead of Penrith’s final home game of the 2018 season against the Newcastle Knights.

“I’ve had a lot of good moments there, hopefully we can get that win, finish on a good note and I have a good game,” he said.

“It’s going to be sad… I never thought about it being my last game there until now.”

While it’s unknown whether the club will give Peachey a farewell lap of honour, the Origin winner said it wasn’t necessary.

“Nah, I’m not Josh Mansour,” Peachey joked.

Despite not being able to lock down one position all year, Peachey has enjoyed arguably his strongest season to date. He made his State of Origin debut – playing all three games – and has currently scored nine tries this season for Penrith – his most since 2016 (13).

This Saturday against Newcastle, Peachey will run out with the number ‘1’ on his back for the fourth consecutive game. He said he’s enjoying his new role at fullback and expects to keep it until he “stuffs up”.

“I’m loving the fullback role, you get a lot more ball and we keep winning, so I haven’t stuffed up that bad, which is all that matters really,” he said.

“I played fullback in high school, so it’s not as if I haven’t played it before. I knew I could do a good job, but when I stuff up I’ll probably lose the spot.”

Peachey has been a fan favourite at Penrith since he joined the club in 2014. When news emerged in the off-season that Peachey would be leaving the foot of the Mountains at year’s end, many supporters were disappointed.
While Peachey doesn’t regret his impending move up north, he knows Penrith probably had to move on from him if they were going keep some big names who were off-contract.

“I know the situation the club is in and how they have to keep a couple of players in Reagan and Nathan – and it’s not going to be cheap,” he said.

“I’m a realist and I understand what they have to do to keep them, I’d do the same thing if I was Gus.”
http://westernweekender.com.au/2018/08/peachey-wants-sweet-farewell/

What a legend. I don’t think there would be a single supporter who isn’t sad to see him go.

I worry we might miss him more next year than we realise. He has had a hand in so many of our key tries this year.

Panfa

Juniors
Ponga to play 5/8 meaney fullback for knights if may plays 5/8 he wanna work on his speed cause ponga will leave him for dead

Brown gets it. Wish he coached Moylan/Penrith 5 years ago

If moving Ponga is a permanent thing I think it’s a mistake.

Guy with speed & talent like that is more dangerous being able to play on both sides of the field.

Moylan was a different situation because he didn’t have the speed for fullback.

A five eighth can play both sides of the field. The more ponga is on the ball the better(for his team) imo.
The continual myth that halves have to play one side is crazy and utter nonsense. Franklin who is someone I normally respect in football discussions always pushed this as a reason not to move Moylan.

A five eighth can play both sides of the field. The more ponga is on the ball the better(for his team) imo.

Most other than the wingers or centres can, but it’s much easier for a FB.

I think it’s way too early in his career to make a permanent shift.

The continual myth that halves have to play one side is crazy and utter nonsense. Franklin who is someone I normally respect in football discussions always pushed this as a reason not to move Moylan.

Of course they can play both sides of the field, plus the ball isn’t always going up the middle. But it’s much more natural for a FB to be playing both sides, they can more easily pop up anywhere.

franklin2323

Immortal

The halves are generally the 2 worst defenders. If they are next to each other in attack then when the ball is turned over. They are caught together in defence.

So they defend between the centre and backrower. Sometimes they come together but they'd get too stuff if they had to keep running back to stand in position. So mostly hang on the one side.

Fullback you have no such issues in defence they follow the ball anyway.