What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 v Wabbits

chrisD

Coach
More about the conditions than anything, in the rain we have to slow it down and come back to the pack.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Should have won by more but dominated territory, kicking game superior and defended well. 10 wins from the last 11 against Souffs.. we own them haha.
Just important to get the first win and plenty of time to work on things with the Bye week.

betcats

Referee
Much better performance overall. Garner much better, Martin was very good. Luai looked a lot better as well. We should’ve iced that with a field goal with 10 to go.

Clearys kicking has been so good this year it was as good as I’ve seen tonight, got rorted a 49/20 by a shit touchy.

Soni Luke, the guy is a super talented attacker. We need to play him big minutes to let the team adjust to his style cause he is a dominant running hooker with ball playing and kicking, adding him to our attack could be the difference this year.

betcats

Referee
Lastly as I said yesterday latrell has the ability to beat us on his own, he almost did tonight.

Murraymob1

Juniors
Tactical we still need work 5 to go up by 12 attacking there line we should have put a feild goal over game over.But other than that a great performance our front row is getting back to where they finished off last year .Turuva had a good meter game give him a few more games and he will shine

Flashstep

Juniors
Much better performance tonight, I think Luai, Garner, Chrichton to name a few stepped up which was good to see. Our attack is still a little clunky but I have faith it’ll get better over time, good to see us using both sides of the field in attack which was my main concern from last week.

We probably got the Bye at a good time as well, nice break before a big game against Parra at Parra.

Girds89

Bench
Attack still needs a fair bit of work.

But much better performance from the team tonight.

Garner improved. Hopefully he continues.

Cleary got his floaters right tonight and he mixed up his kicking game much better.

Critta was much better..

Tito is such a goer. He is small but all heart.

Once the team works out how to play in attack with Luke on the field we will be much better. He clearly has the ability but the forwards are adjusting to his style..

Overall it's a work in progress.. still a lot to improve

But can't fault the effort by all the boys tonight.

Hopefully Nathan's ankle is just a minor sprain. Not a syndesmosis.

betcats

Referee
Garner only 77m but 7 tackle breaks. That’s what we need from him. Just make his tackles, pick his moments and run good lines. We don’t need a huge metre eater just some who can run off Jarome in the right places

Girds89

Bench
Garner only 77m but tackle breaks. That’s what we need from him. Just make his tackles, pick his moments and run good lines.

Tago has missed getting any good ball. He will suffer from the lack of space.

But it's a work in progress.

Garner was much improved tonight.

I thought they moved Spencer out to an edge quite well when on the attack a few times..

Would love to see more of that just in the attacking 20

betcats

Referee
Much better performance tonight, I think Luai, Garner, Chrichton to name a few stepped up which was good to see. Our attack is still a little clunky but I have faith it’ll get better over time, good to see us using both sides of the field in attack which was my main concern from last week.

We probably got the Bye at a good time as well, nice break before a big game against Parra at Parra.

Agree re the bye, initially I was pissed with a 3rd round bye but after a short preseason with so many of our guys after World Cup I think a week to work on our attacking timing will help

age.s

First Grade
Very pleasing, solid across the park with no poor performers. Probably should have a few more points on the board but the effort and energy was there a long with a hint of our missing fluidity with the ball.

Garner deserves special mention. You'd want him to score from there but in fairness it was a bit superhuman by Latrell and he ran a great line to get into that position in the first place. Aside from that he defended well and had some very strong runs. More of the same please. Luai very good on that edge too.

Back 5 were all awesome, but Turuva in particular deserves a mention. Loads of tough meters in a way we hadn't seen from him previously. Loved a that bit of fire from him vs Tass at the end there.

It wasnt planned, but Luke looked absolutely at home coming on after 20ish and gave us 50 minutes of consistent quality service with a dash of running threat that we'll need week in week out if we're going to threepeat. Kenny was better too in fairness, though he butchered a textbook field goal going short for a few plays, ignoring Cleary in perfect field goal position. Game should have been iced right then.

No idea how their last try was given. Tass was playing basketball with it. Wonder what he said to Edwards/Turuva.

betcats

Referee
Tago has missed getting any good ball. He will suffer from the lack of space.

But it's a work in progress.

Garner was much improved tonight.

I thought they moved Spencer out to an edge quite well when on the attack a few times..

Would love to see more of that just in the attacking 20

Yeah but garners never going to create the space kikau did so Tago will need to adjust as much as Jarome does. It was a luxury for them having kiks there, only Dave Fifita at his best could create the space that kiks did.

MugaB

Coach
Very pleasing, solid across the park with no poor performers. Probably should have a few more points on the board but the effort and energy was there a long with a hint of our missing fluidity with the ball.

Garner deserves special mention. You'd want him to score from there but in fairness it was a bit superhuman by Latrell and he ran a great line to get into that position in the first place. Aside from that he defended well and had some very strong runs. More of the same please. Luai very good on that edge too.

Back 5 were all awesome, but Turuva in particular deserves a mention. Loads of tough meters in a way we hadn't seen from him previously. Loved a that bit of fire from him vs Tass at the end there.

It wasnt planned, but Luke looked absolutely at home coming on after 20ish and gave us 50 minutes of consistent quality service with a dash of running threat that we'll need week in week out if we're going to threepeat. Kenny was better too in fairness, though he butchered a textbook field goal going short for a few plays, ignoring Cleary in perfect field goal position. Game should have been iced right then.

No idea how their last try was given. Tass was playing basketball with it. Wonder what he said to Edwards/Turuva.
Probably a racial slur, they are getting thrown around lately

Girds89

Bench
Yeah but garners never going to create the space kikau did so Tago will need to adjust as much as Jarome does. It was a luxury for them having kiks there, only Dave Fifita at is best could create the space that kiks did.

Yeah I agree. But I do think they can mix things up to create space.

Get Spencer in attack running on an edge.

But overall other than stuffing the try garner was solid tonight.

Liam Martin was beast mode.

Critta I thought for the first 60 mins was running the ball like I've never seen him before. Tucking it under the arm and running it hard.

Went back to the jinking and weaving with 20 to go.

If he can just do that for 80 he will be soo much better.

He was really good tonight tho..he's defence was the standard you'd expect from him.

Latest posts