What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 v Wabbits

Iamback

Coach
Our hooking combination this year has scored 1 try and has 1 try assist. So tracking basically in line over a small sample size…

That is true. Neither came from structure, which is how the team evolves

In fact 4/5 tries we have scored have come from no structure.

Similar case in the Pre season challenge

On an equally small sample size

Pre-Season challenge only 2 sides scored less than us.

2 Rounds in to the competition those same 2 sides are still the only 2 to score less.

Both sides who have only played 1 game have outscored the team

Last edited:

WestyLife

First Grade
Of course it isn't but we lost 3 Origin players and a 2nd rower that can do things others can't. Replaced them with plodders hence my question,

I will put it simplier.

We all know Garner can't do what Kikau can, So who is going to cover what the side loses without him?
I think I understand you a bit better now. I think the halves have to do it. They are going to be given some of the best momentum of the entire comp to play behind. they're experienced rep stars now. If they can't use a bit of creativity with what are good line running second rowers and clever kicking we don't deserve to win anyway.

Iamback

Coach
I think I understand you a bit better now. I think the halves have to do it. They are going to be given some of the best momentum of the entire comp to play behind. they're experienced rep stars now. If they can't use a bit of creativity with what are good line running second rowers and clever kicking we don't deserve to win anyway.

The middles is one area we still are the best in that is true

maple_69

Bench
Improvement definitely has to come from Edwards, Luai & Cleary. They're the guys with significant potential untapped. Luai to play both sides. Edwards to continue improving his right edge link play and ideally create some more opportunities with support play through the middle. Cleary likewise needs to unlock the right edge with his set construction and organisation in the attacking 20.

Worth noting, Manly aside, we also still have the best defensive record. Plenty of valid questions to ask about our attack but the best defensive side will be there in October most of the time. Souths didn't look like scoring once in that first 65 mins.

CCJohnC

Juniors
Improvement definitely has to come from Edwards, Luai & Cleary. They're the guys with significant potential untapped. Luai to play both sides. Edwards to continue improving his right edge link play and ideally create some more opportunities with support play through the middle. Cleary likewise needs to unlock the right edge with his set construction and organisation in the attacking 20.

Worth noting, Manly aside, we also still have the best defensive record. Plenty of valid questions to ask about our attack but the best defensive side will be there in October most of the time. Souths didn't look like scoring once in that first 65 mins.
The old story is "Defence wins matches"

Iamback

Coach
Yeah and dill, tago etc. will still get the sets going. We saw Souths struggled hard with that and even Broncos had to fight harder for it with their top tier middle. A few execution errors fixed up and we're still top 4 easily.

Broncos looked far better with Walsh
South were missing a stack of middles

We aren't going to dominate territory as much as we did in those games

The good thing is the hard draw to start will see where the sid

Iamback

Coach
The old story is "Defence wins matches"

Attack does too though. Aside from us in 2021 when sides were attacking like crazy - even then we averaged 28 points a game

The premiers have been top 3 in attack for atleast the last 15 years

WestyLife

First Grade
Broncos looked far better with Walsh
South were missing a stack of middles

We aren't going to dominate territory as much as we did in those games

The good thing is the hard draw to start will see where the sid
Well yeah every team will improve and so will we. Broncos still don't win that game without Critta going for the hero play.

hindy111

Post Whore
El Salmondo has genuinely impressed me thus far this season. Has added some size and was a real handful last night. Think he can definitely do a job on an edge if required.

Great to see Garner have a good game last night also. Ran hard from the 1st minute and ran some smart lines.

I was quite vocal after watching him in trials that he could be set for a big year. He also has a big of grub about him which I love.

hindy111

Post Whore
On Latrel a lot of fans don't hate him cause they are racist. They hate him cause he carries on like a dick.
Half Penriths side is Polynesian ffs. Why are people wanting to suggest they are racist?

And I am against any sort of racism but why is it OK for fans too bag out Clearys physical features. I always here people calling him chin boy or putting shit on his acne. Is this acceptable?

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
On Latrel a lot of fans don't hate him cause they are racist. They hate him cause he carries on like a dick.
Half Penriths side is Polynesian ffs. Why are people wanting to suggest they are racist?

And I am against any sort of racism but why is it OK for fans too bag out Clearys physical features. I always here people calling him chin boy or putting shit on his acne. Is this acceptable?

I believe what was said to Mitchell was racist. No question.

I also get upset when a person's physical features are made fun of. In my opinion 2 seperate issues.

Both are wrong.

Making fun of someone's religion, physical appearance, their socio economic circumstances and sexuality.......are all wrong in my opinion.

BossleyPanther

Juniors

Yep 100%