What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 vs. Storm

murraymob

Coach
grant was fit just not selected

Not sure what Cleary is doing Plum and Kingston need less game time not more.We should be well ahead with the amount of ball we have had

BxTom

Bench
How many consecutive penalties did the ref give melbourne to get them in front? Was it 8 or 9 in a row? Then a couple of pathetic decisions thrown in. Disgusting.

Tom

Panther Pete

Juniors
Bitterly , bitterly disappointed but we can take so much out of this game, we will beat a lot of sides this year. We got absolutely towelled in the penalties for the last 60 minutes and to come so close against the storm in melbourne means we should be very proud of the boys.

mxlegend99

Referee
Great game and we were the better team. Refs were the difference. We're a top 8 side for sure based on this game.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Thought Segeyaro and Peachey were awesome off the bench. Idris solid in his first hit out. All up, a performance full of spirit, which is encouraging.

The less said about Brown, the better though.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Another thing that stood out was our handling was generally excellent, bar Moylan and Brown in their one-off incidents. I'm so used to us dropping the ball cold from time to time.

murraymob

Coach
great effort from the boys.We where close .This team will continue to improve as they get more game time together.lots positives out of the game

soc123_au

Staff member
Peachey & Taylor were both excellent today. Idris will be better for the run as well.

Panther Pete

Juniors
Based on that effort, I would be happy to see a lot less of Brown and Moylan didn't exactly set the world on fire. I thought Wallace , John's, Peachey and Segs were all fantastic but it was our overall enthusiasm and commitment that makes me certain we are in for a good year.

soc123_au

Staff member
@ Pete, I thought Moylan looked pretty good. Brown I agree with, he tries too hard I think.

chrisD

Coach
The momentum we would have had with Grant and Manu would have made all the difference. Attack didn't start well but that was cos our forward momentum was weak and compounded by the refs letting them lay all over us. Refs won't let that go for other teams and Grant and Manu will be harder to put down. Whare was poor defensively but we were still short on numbers on two of the tries, woefully so, and the right hasn't been tested. Edge defence still a concern. Segs, Moylan and Peachey great, and we would of won if not for that make believe forward pass call.

Didn't particularly miss Soward.

Latest posts