What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 21 v Broncos: Game Day Thread

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think he loves winning more.
And he knows what players you need to win. Don't go overplaying a tiny sample like four straight wins with a backup in the team. Hes a backup for a reason.
Cam Smith isn't aggressive and his focus isn't on rushing out of the line and disrupting the attack. It's about being bloody effective when he makes contact. I'd argue that's a pretty bloody good model to replicate.
Smith plays to his strengths, but also benefits from being in an already hard working pack. So when he moves up quickly he has a few blokes either side of him. Smith also runs the ball more often than any dummy half in our team, so he needs to pace himself in defence. That's a feature of Melbourne's attack.

And for attacking contribution, both he and Kritchard leave King for dead. Smith leads in the playmaking stats (LBAs and TAs per minute) but Kritchard dominates in tackle breaks per run, LB per run and metres per run. Smith and Kritchard are the only ones making offoads as well, and obviously King is the only one of the three making fewer than 0.5 tackles per minute.

But as noted, his sample size this year is very small, as you'd expect from a backup. Just try and understand why Arthur's rates Kritchard so highly.

BoneyBlake17

Juniors
Haven't left a game more proud and excited since the 2009 prelim final.

Finals are almost there and really should be aiming for top 4 if we are serious with our draw.

After a horror start the boys regrouped and really dominated brisbane for the last 70 mins. In the past we would have got 40 put on us. And it felt like they would so the turnaround was pleasing.

Btw how good is cameron king going

forward pass

Coach
Taka is a seriously underrrated player sometimes. Great take of that short kick off. If that was Slater or Inglis the commentators would have wet themselves.

hindy111

Post Whore
Taka is a seriously underrrated player sometimes. Great take of that short kick off. If that was Slater or Inglis the commentators would have wet themselves.

If had speed would be elite. I always rate him. He brings energy.
Havent seen jennings so happy. If played origin we win series. Funny that

Delboy

First Grade
Watching the game again, cant believe no one commented on th shoulder charge on Moses when he kicked through fo the first try, so blatant and dangerous

Then the charge on Jenko when McCullough did his knee, was a shoulder charge on Jenkos knees that missed

Then that dweeb Beenett did his little snidey pressure on the officials comment re KE! Backed up by his love child Darius. The Broncos and their salary cap advantage etc etc and they are the worst look at me moaners in the comp, despicable lot.