What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 Game Day Thread: Eels v Knights

Eelogical

Referee
Semi going overseas, French rested (sort of). This had all the makings of complacency.
Na, mate. It's an inherit part of the Eels bloodline. Doesn't matter how much they pontificate on about it, there will always be games in our season where we lose the unlosable games. It comes with the territory. You bought into it, ............now love it until you die.

eels_fan

First Grade
We needed a loss before the finals imo... but not in that manner... a close loss where we were just beaten by a better team in an intense match... expected that to come in 2 weeks vs the broncos...

The result and moreso the attitude and effort tonight were concerning. The boys are clearing believing their own press. Complacency absolutely in overdrive.

BA would be filthy, but also needs to take his own share of the blame. A performance that bad he must have seen coming based on training this week, I don't think you can train well and then perform that flat...

Eelogical

Referee
We needed a loss before the finals imo... but not in that manner... a close loss where we were just beaten by a better team in an intense match... expected that to come in 2 weeks vs the broncos...

The result and moreso the attitude and effort tonight were concerning. The boys are clearing believing their own press. Complacency absolutely in overdrive.

BA would be filthy, but also needs to take his own share of the blame. A performance that bad he must have seen coming based on training this week, I don't think you can train well and then perform that flat...

We needed a loss? I'm sure BA would like you along at this weekends friendly team BBQ as a guest speaker.

Chipmunk

Coach
When you look at it, perhaps our six wins in a row gave people an incorrect impression of how well we really playing.

We've beaten the Dogs twice, who have won 2 games in the last 10 and are clearly performing worse than anyone, we beat the Dragons who have been on the slide for a couple of months, we beat the Storm with no Origin players and we were lucky to beat the Tigers in a close one that we didn't deserve to win.

On the other side of the scale, we were great against the Broncos, but one performance certainly doesn't make you a contender.

Interesting to see what we bring the next 3 weeks. I'll be happy with one more win for the season.