What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 v Souths. Posts by @iamback are all opinion based

Kilkenny

Coach
I said from the get go we'd win the 2021 premiership.......and I'll say once again we'll win the 2022 premiership. After that we are back to the pack
It is your arrogance about it, you cant and shouldn’t expect anything.

Seriously, the momentum has actually changed and we are no longer guaranteed of even being in the GF never mind winning it.

It is not to say we can’t do it, but we should never be so arrogant to suggest it is ours to lose.

I don’t get the arrogance, I really don’t.

the Bunnies are on fire, they are trending really well and I fear the worst tomorrow night night because they have the form they have momentum.

Iamback

Coach
I am the same. Full strength and in form no team can match our best. We are that far ahead of the other teams when firing.
The key is staying injury free and getting into some good form.

That is it. To get full strength in Oct means we 'rest' guys with injuries and as such we drop games.

We will finish 1st
On track to be full strength playing week 1 in a packed Penrith stadium, Very hard to beat from that stage

Iamback

Coach
it’s not garbage at all.

you didn’t put any disclaimers on anything you and Smug were all about no one could beat us.

you promoted a myth that Nathan Cleary wasn't key to our success, half backs are not the be all and end all.

Nathen is actually a key to our success and without him we won’t be there in the first week of October.

Maybe get your eyes checked. It has always been at full strength no one beats us.

As for Nathan Cleary and us. We have won 10/12 he hasn't played, On the weekend we had 87% territory. So very likely would still start favourites if JUST he was missing.

Our back 5 start our sets well, We belt teams early in sets so we win territory without him.

Hell we didn't have his kicking game, Edwards and May starting sets or Fish and still ran for 500m more than the Storm last week. That is how good the side is

Girds89

Bench
I am the same. Full strength and in form no team can match our best. We are that far ahead of the other teams when firing.
Compared to who?

Who of the real top teams have we versed this year who havent been smashed with injuries?

We have seen what a few injuries can do to us....

But people think when we smash other teams we are unbeatable but are quick to forget teams havent been as blessed as us in the injury department..

Its no suprise to see roosters, souths coming on strong getting blokes back.

Melbs have got a few back.

The only real top team weve played thats basically been 100% fit was parra, sharks....

Parra beat us twice...

Im not saying we arent a good shot to win it but the idea that some have that the comp is ours to lose is nuts

Iamback

Coach
Compared to who?

Who of the real top teams have we versed this year who havent been smashed with injuries?

We have seen what a few injuries can do to us....

But people think when we smash other teams we are unbeatable but are quick to forget teams havent been as blessed as us in the injury department..

Its no suprise to see roosters, souths coming on strong getting blokes back.

Melbs have got a few back.

The only real top team weve played thats basically been 100% fit was parra, sharks....

Parra beat us twice...

Im not saying we arent a good shot to win it but the idea that some have that the comp is ours to lose is nuts

Cowboys and Sharks haven't been hit by injuries when we played them.

2nd game against Parra has an * next to it. 13 v 12 for 60 mins skewes everything

As for Storm, Their side now is the team they will have for the rest of the year. Across the 17 we mark up very well against it

We will have a fresh side, Top 17 out there have a home game on a Dewy Friday night. Get a week off while other sides bash themselves. We are in a very very good position

Kilkenny

Coach
That was true for the first 18 rounds of the competition but may not be the case now. That is the whole point, momentum and form has shifted and there are sides, our rivals, who are actually travelling better than we are, it may be difficult to turn things around in our favour. Expecting it happen is just flawed. Expecting our halves in Laui and Cleary just to turn up and deliver in week 1 of the finals may be a step to far.

Girds89

Bench

2nd game against Parra has an * next to it. 13 v 12 for 60 mins skewes everything

As for Storm, Their side now is the team they will have for the rest of the year. Across the 17 we mark up very well against it

We will have a fresh side, Top 17 out there have a home game on a Dewy Friday night. Get a week off while other sides bash themselves. We are in a very very good position
My point stands.

Its easy to belt injury hit teams when your best 1-17 run out every week.

Pple quick to write melbs and others who have been smashed by injuries...

Our biggest issue is we struggke to stop the offloads from the bigger packs.

The 2nd phase play is a killer and melbs and parra are two of the best at it in the comp. Very hard packs to contain.

Roosters and sths are hitting form at the right time.

Brissy are dark horses.. carrigan is a machine and killed the blues.. haas is the best prop in the game. Cobbo can out jump our wingers. Tmm does wonders for them in attack.

The fact we are having a mini crisis with injuries and suspensions is a bigger spanner in the works than some think.

And ppl have given us way to much credit for beating injury struck teams. If we are 1-17 and every other team is than i expect a very tough finals series.

As ive said all year i think naths form has been off and that could be the difference between winning and losing imo.

To win a comp you need things to go your way and you need to be at your best..

If we get storm in week 1 i expect an extremley tough match that could go either way.

Kilkenny

Coach

We’re not in a very good position. Far from it. Our 6 and 7 will not be match fit coming back from injury and suspension that is far from ideal in the real world. Our fullback is going to managed thru the remainder of the season with a sternum injury again not what you want at this time of the Year.

Whino

Bench
That was true for the first 18 rounds of the competition but may not be the case now. That is the whole point, momentum and form has shifted and there are sides, our rivals, who are actually travelling better than we are, it may be difficult to turn things around in our favour. Expecting it happen is just flawed. Expecting our halves in Laui and Cleary just to turn up and deliver in week 1 of the finals may be a step to far.

I don't disagree momentum has shifted. In the back of my head going into week one without a game for Luai or/and Cleary isn't ideal.
Still believe if full strength and firing no team touches us. That is the key though. Getting to that point again.
As I said last week there are some dangerous teams out there that can get us if we are slightly off. Injuries for any team can stuff things up.

Kilkenny

Coach
My point stands.

Its easy to belt injury hit teams when your best 1-17 run out every week.

Pple quick to write melbs and others who have been smashed by injuries...

Our biggest issue is we struggke to stop the offloads from the bigger packs.

The 2nd phase play is a killer and melbs and parra are two of the best at it in the comp. Very hard packs to contain.

Roosters and sths are hitting form at the right time.

Brissy are dark horses.. carrigan is a machine and killed the blues.. haas is the best prop in the game. Cobbo can out jump our wingers. Tmm does wonders for them in attack.

The fact we are having a mini crisis with injuries and suspensions is a bigger spanner in the works than some think.

And ppl have given us way to much credit for beating injury struck teams. If we are 1-17 and every other team is than i expect a very tough finals series.

As ive said all year i think naths form has been off and that could be the difference between winning and losing imo.

To win a comp you need things to go your way and you need to be at your best..

If we get storm in week 1 i expect an extremley tough match that could go either way.
I can’t disagree with too much of this. Pretty fair and reasonable assessment.

I wish I had the time and inclination to go back and find some of the comments people were making just before Magic Round. We had just been beaten by Parra and many on here were saying that we were going to lose 2 in a row and we were going to be shown how far behind the Storm we were; they had been thrashing some bottom 4 sides. Some on here and many in the media were already etching their names onto the trophy.

Two injuries for the Storm and we won easily in Magic Round.

Point being; we are not as good a people in here make out when we win, and we aren’t as bad when we lose.

Onto this weeks game; I think we win a tight game. SOS had a bit of a shocker with kick execution last wee; I’m tipping he bounces back and leads us to victory with a brilliant game. Latrell either doesn’t play or doesn’t finish the game.

Kilkenny

Coach
I don't disagree momentum has shifted. In the back of my head going into week one without a game for Luai or/and Cleary isn't ideal.
Still believe if full strength and firing no team touches us. That is the key though. Getting to that point again.
As I said last week there are some dangerous teams out there that can get us if we are slightly off. Injuries for any team can stuff things up.
I agree with you mate, at our best, at full strength we can go back to back.

The reality is though we are struggling a little and other sides just seem to be a little more healthy and momentum is going there way.

Perhaps a good showing tomorrow night could improve things a little, but given we are so under strength particularly in the halves I fear the worst.

Iamback

Coach

I'd be worried if it was long term injuries, Luai is full training
Martin is training again
Haas played SOO with the injury May has
JFH and Cleary can train but will be fresh

WestyLife

First Grade

They're only looking better due to our outs and those outs will be back for the finals.

Iamback

Coach
We’re not in a very good position. Far from it. Our 6 and 7 will not be match fit coming back from injury and suspension that is far from ideal in the real world. Our fullback is going to managed thru the remainder of the season with a sternum injury again not what you want at this time of the Year.

Who is in a position to have their top 17 for the finals?

Kilkenny

Coach
They're only looking better due to our outs and those outs will be back for the finals.
Our outs may just be under done, not match fit. Is that ideal, is that what we desired. Fresh maybe, but no where near match fit with no football under there belt.

Iamback

Coach
Our outs may just be under done, not match fit. Is that ideal, is that what we desired. Fresh maybe, but no where near match fit with no football under there belt.

They have been training since Dec
2 weeks off won't have them underdone.
In fact every player has niggles this time of the year, those sides fighting for top 4 can't rest those guys.

So keeps us fresher

WestyLife

First Grade

I'm more confident since a lot can still train. Especially Cleary.

Latest posts