What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 v Manly

Fangs

Coach
Manly fans at the game were none too happy with Josh Schuster last night.

I rate his talent. At his best he could be a great bench option for NSW. But he reminds me a bit of old Bryce Cartwright. Too much fancy shit (50% or more doesn't come off) when his team could just use a hit up. The bloke has a big frame and he needs to use it far more often.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Yeah I’d start him at FB ahead over those two and anyone at the Raiders to be honest.

He’s really smart, that’s what impresses me the most. It’s very rare he’s caught out of position.
Need to get him in the centre of the park occasionally. Will need our proper centres to try it though

Black Panther

Juniors
One thing we shouldn’t do again is play Cogger, Luke and Sommerton all in the same game. They were targeted in defence all night. But the one thing that really stood out for me was how much we missed Luai. Much better defender than all 3, especially Cogger at 6.
Luai andCleary complement each other in attack, but when they play together it also gives us the best defensive halves in the game.

Iamback

Coach
One thing we shouldn’t do again is play Cogger, Luke and Sommerton all in the same game. They were targeted in defence all night. But the one thing that really stood out for me was how much we missed Luai. Much better defender than all 3, especially Cogger at 6.
Luai andCleary complement each other in attack, but when they play together it also gives us the best defensive halves in the game.

That is the under rated part, very few better defensive halves than we have

age.s

First Grade
Random tangent, I maintain that Luke Walsh would have been a very good player if his defence was as good as Cleary or Luais.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Random tangent, I maintain that Luke Walsh would have been a very good player if his defence was as good as Cleary or Luais.
Anyone who had a career in the NRL is a very good player. Elite players play at the level our two halves do, they are both next level players.

mxlegend99

Referee
He wouldn't take a hit or put his body on the line. Very big deficiency in the NRL and would especially be terrible in our current side. Even our poor defenders will put their body on the line or they'll be gone pretty quickly.

Our halves will both cop a hit so someone else gets to play on the back of a fast play the ball or gets a bit more time having received the pass.

Girds89

Bench
Why does he need to be tested in the NRL.

He’s played plenty in NSW cup

He played a World Cup at FB and did well.

He’s proven he’s up to the physicality of the NRL.

He would be fine playing FB for us at NRL, no reason to think otherwise

Hes a great player. One of my favs..

Not saying he wouldnt be fine playing their for us in the nrl..hes a stud.

Just think he needs to add a few strings to his bow to kill it there..

Its a mute point anyway. No ones moving dyl any time soon.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Play like spastics? Yes please

Seriously Chins.....Your using this derogatory term in 2023. I thought you were better than that. I really did.

'Spastics' the actual word means to have stiff limbs.

In this case I believe it's been used as a slang term for playing badly.

Put simply it means the team played like they had celebral Palsy.

In my opinion one of the worst terms to describe someone.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/spastic#:~:text=spastic (plural spastics),) A stupid, clumsy person.