What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 24 v Manly

hindy111

Post Whore
My run down was Manly had more effort. Season on the line.
But they slowly where we worn down. Yeo was best on field.
Hosking's is not a centre and id rather Salmon there tbh or Jennings.

Always to to win at Brooky. Wasn't a great performance but Luai,Spencer, Tago and Kenny change the side.

Side note Crighton is playing career best form. He has hit a purple patch.

mxlegend99

Referee
I thought it was obvious my comment about DCE and Garrick being our best a piss take mocking the Sea Eagles.

Because of Shaman trying to talk up DCE and blaming the referee. Didn't think Girds would take that personally as if I actually disagreed withbhim about Turuva.

We clearly had some guys play fantastic games last night. No one played bad tbh. Maybe not at their best, but i wasn't really disappointed with anyone. No one let us down.

But still. Im not passing up a chance to mock Manly.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
No... he always had some ability there...

You just didnt see it.

I did.. the club did. Trust me.. ive seen enough of turuva to know he isn't that type of plsyer..

Dyls no superstar at the back in terms of ball playing but hes serviceable. Turuva is an out an out ball runner.

No two ways about it...

I think wing is his best spot and im a huge turuva fan and always have been even when he wad fb in the lower grades
Tito is a very good FB. He is very smart, reads the game very well which makes him an excellent organiser. Extremely good communicator and is quite fast. Very safe under the high ball and a fairly solid defender.

These are all things you should look for in a FB. The attacking stuff is great, but the FB Is primarily a defensive rule. Tito ticks a lot of boxes there.

He’d be starting at FB at number of clubs this weekend if he was there.

Tago and Peachey being back allows others to rest
We got the run of the Green last night.

Intercept Try
Try after Martin knocked on
Try after Manly risky play.
They had 2 HIA

But their silly errors cost them too.

Commentary said We haven't played in Manly since 2017. That's a long time.

Iamback

Coach

Intercept Try
They had 2 HIA

They had to take risks though, they were never going to grind it out.

Cleary was disappointing for me, He had nothing in attack

They had to take risks though, they were never going to grind it out.

Cleary was disappointing for me, He had nothing in attack
My fear is that better teams will implement what Manly did and get us.

Broncos won't go away either and can't see em losing another game to give us a breather up the top.

Hooked

Juniors
Always happy to get the win against Manly. After putting up with Seiplod running his pre- game Bullshit it makes it more satisfying.

A solid win without a few troops. I will take. We are cruising at the moment. The good news is we have players to come back and a few gears to rise.
A few players need a refresher before the finals though.

tripster

Juniors
Cleary was very cagey in the presser about both Kenny and Luai. Does anyone know what is wrong with Kenny in particular? Will he be back next week?

MugaB

Coach

Intercept Try
They had 2 HIA

Incorrect

Commentary are numbskulls

Girds89

Bench
Tito is a very good FB. He is very smart, reads the game very well which makes him an excellent organiser. Extremely good communicator and is quite fast. Very safe under the high ball and a fairly solid defender.

These are all things you should look for in a FB. The attacking stuff is great, but the FB Is primarily a defensive rule. Tito ticks a lot of boxes there.

He’d be starting at FB at number of clubs this weekend if he was there.

I agree..he is a good fb.. and has been in nsw cup... untested at nrl there tho.

Not sure he has the ball playing skills to dominate there at nrl. He doesnt really have any ball skills.

Which clubs would he start at as an untested fb in the nrl?

Campbell is a gun brimson is there normally
Connor tracey had a blinder last week and looked better than kennedy has
Sloan is a decent fb with loads of potential

Not starting over
Latrell
Gutho
Walsh
Teddy
Ponga
Chk
Dyl
Drinkwater
Bula
Averillo

Maybe
Rapana
Meaney

But ill say again his untested there in the nrl.

He is one of my favs but hed need to develop parts of his game to excel there. Doesnt mean he wouldn't be great at some parts of play there tho