What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 25 Schedule

sting

Bench
Did Mayer/Meyer whatever the gooses name was approach the NRL about it last year? No.

It's all about the quality of club management. Put simply, Greenberg is a good CEO.

wouldn't have a clue.

he's a good manipulator that's what he is. it's gonna be the most boring game all weekend and he's managed to get it on channel 9.

anyone who isn't a dogs fan that actually gives a sh*t that hazem is leaving will be at the ground. (which to be fair is thanks to greenburgs excellent members idea)

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Does the NRL need to hold a club CEO by the hand when doing these things?

El Masri doesn't deserve it anymore than Craig Fitzgibbon does he? or Menzies and Buderus last season.
It was the other way around, Greenberg approached the NRL and held their hand.

Wouldn't expect you to understand the marketing behind it but whatevs.

Personally I think they could've filled ANZ Stadium completely by making it a Sunday double header but that's the NRL for ya...

Fein

First Grade
It was the other way around, Greenberg approached the NRL and held their hand.

Wouldn't expect you to understand the marketing behind it but whatevs.

Personally I think they could've filled ANZ Stadium completely by making it a Sunday double header but that's the NRL for ya...

Now see, that would be a great idea!!!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Works well for me the way it is though, mrs is a Saints fan so we'll go Saturday, stay in Sydney that night and then go to the footy again Sunday.

typicalfan

Coach
That is what I meant. The NRL should be more pro active about marketing their legends and really should be able to schedule this stuff.

Spending too much time looking pretty in front of the media and not enough time doing that stuff.

Imagine a Bulldogs v Warriors and Rabbitohs v Dragons double header.

brokendigit

Juniors
Given the NRL are doing a decent job of promoting El Magic's retirement, I'm pretty sure that takes precedence.

WTF are you on about? Sticking a page up on their website is the NRL "doing a decent job"?

The NRL hasn't driven one bit of this El-Mazri hoopla. It's been Canterbury that has been forced to make all the running for it.

Take the blue & white goggles off Timmah. The Souths Vs St George game does have more appeal to a wider NRL audience, given their respective places in the competition, and the more traditional "feeling" behind the game.
It's only the Warriors FFS.

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
Hazem El Masri is a true legend of the game. You morons need to show respect. Having a sook because a true champion like that gets a channel 9 game. f**kwits.

sting

Bench
it's a sh*t game undeserving of the timeslot.

are you saying one player is bigger than the game?

Sleep

Juniors
Hazem should respect our right to watch a worthwhile game. All that will happen is while they name the team they'll throw out a quick "He's been a great servant to the game" and just before cutting to the news they'll show him waving to the crowd.

Sadly in between we'll have to sit through a terrible game that no one cares about when we could of been watching a rivalry or two attacking teams go at it.

They did a great job of really celebrating him breaking the point scoring record remember? If you think they'll get more time to accomodate this you'll probably be mistaken.

typicalfan

Coach
Hazem El Masri is a true legend of the game. You morons need to show respect. Having a sook because a true champion like that gets a channel 9 game. f**kwits.
I really don't want to go down that path, Hazem is an outstanding role model and has a great record but he is definitely no better than the other names mentioned in the thread.

Fein

First Grade

So was Menzies.

The double header idea is a great one because more people could honour a retiring champion.

Maybe the NRL should keep that in mind for the future.

skeepe

Immortal
anyone who isn't a dogs fan that actually gives a sh*t that hazem is leaving will be at the ground. (which to be fair is thanks to greenburgs excellent members idea)

You are aware that there are places in Australia that are not Sydney, yes?

brokendigit

Juniors

Please. If they shuttle him round on the back of a ute at a game, I'll stand & applaud.

We're fighting for relevance & market share in a cut-throat market, and you'd prefer to see a (virtually) meaningless game in front of a game that has some bearing on the finals?
Being the humble, quiet achiever that Hazeem seems to be - he's probably embarrassed by the attention.
Ch 9 should be too - but for different reasons.

davohan123

Juniors
not really f**kwit, it's still going to be a sh*t game.

if it was on fox then at least they could get the telecast right, as opposed to ad breaks then straight to the news.

did menzies get a channel 9 game for his farewell? no, it was brooky on a monday night.

I agree Hazem legend of the game but as coming from a manly supporter steve menzies didnt get a sunday arvo farewelll that he deserved typical NRL

skeepe

Immortal
I'm surprised at the level of vitriol directed towards this game actually. I would have though the idea of the Broncos being rewarded for a 0-56 performance with yet another channel 9 match would have been the debatable one.

davohan123

Juniors
not really f**kwit, it's still going to be a sh*t game.

if it was on fox then at least they could get the telecast right, as opposed to ad breaks then straight to the news.

did menzies get a channel 9 game for his farewell? no, it was brooky on a monday night.

I agree Hazem legend of the game but as coming from a manly supporter steve menzies didnt get a sunday arvo farewell that he deserved typical NRL

sting

Bench
You are aware that there are places in Australia that are not Sydney, yes?

no i didn't know that:roll:

what's that got to do with anything? the vast majority of his fans would be in sydney? i don't get your point

sting

Bench
I'm surprised at the level of vitriol directed towards this game actually. I would have though the idea of the Broncos being rewarded for a 0-56 performance with yet another channel 9 match would have been the debatable one.

nah, it's a queensland derby so it's understandable that it's on 9

skeepe

Immortal
no i didn't know that:roll:

what's that got to do with anything? the vast majority of his fans would be in sydney? i don't get your point

I would argue that Hazem has plenty of fans around Australia. I'm certainly one of them.