What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 25 v Sharks

Dragon David

First Grade
For so many years we have lacked players with speed. Both in the forwards and in the backs.

The faster players are the harder it is to catch them or to avoid them. We need fast players besides everything else. Our lwlwl sequence is still intact so can we expect a win next week and then a loss for the last game and we end up on 30 points and out of the race for semis footy because of very poor for and against?

Dea

Juniors
They were two gears faster than us that game in both attack and defence.
Hunt didn’t take control and our attack was lacking structure and at times looked like we had no idea.
Need a big forward and speed in the backs.
As disappointed as I am, if you told me at the start of the season we would be sitting 8th with 2 rounds to go, i would be happy.

56to66

Juniors
I’ve been a Sloan supporter for a couple of seasons but I have to say after today he will never really make it….2 tries at crucial times
That's what will happen in a Grand Final with Sloan at Fullback, like Dufty, Sloan will be a superstar in the Superleague.
V Holmes fullback next year, I give Sloan one more chance as center.

Last edited:

TruSaint

Referee
They were two gears faster than us that game in both attack and defence.
Hunt didn’t take control and our attack was lacking structure and at times looked like we had no idea.
Need a big forward and speed in the backs.
As disappointed as I am, if you told me at the start of the season we would be sitting 8th with 2 rounds to go, i would be happy.

100%. Im pissed off and gutted by the loss, don't get me wrong, but they are a better side than us by some margin.

As you point out, what really irks me is our so called star players esp Hunt. Clutch games, clutch moments, he is missing. As badly as we played we were in the game for 50 minutes. That's when one expects leadership to grind out a win.

They were good, we just made them look much better.

justadragon

Bench
Highly disappointed with that effort, right from the outset they looked faster and really wanted it. For as much as we talk Lomax up he got out played by a rookie. Sloan didnt do much and Hunt went back to his usual. Of all players I thought Bird tried hard and a few forwards put in, but the rest had a shocker especially the Feagei's. We are really slow and that was more than evident, I dont know where we go from here but I have no faith in them beating the Eel's and handling any sort of pressure, personally I think our season is over because even if we finish 8th it will be highly embarrassing on how we would exit.

matPORTS

Juniors
That's the difference between us + the chasing pack, and everyone else currently sitting in the top eight. Said the same thing after the games against the Panthers and Bulldogs as well.

After K Flannos suspension was confirmed, I called for Ravalawa to be brought back in on the right wing with Lomax at right centre, as I thought we could only carry one Feagai in the team defensively (without stifling our attack). I'm afraid this ship may have sailed now.

Yes - I certainly remember when Gasnier and Cooper were our centres !

Said it before and will do so again - Sloan needs a big (and full) off season. We need Val Holmes (and Gutho if it's still possible) to be mentoring and putting the pressure on him.

Of all our main rivals - Sharks, Bulldogs, Roosters and Rabbitohs... we are one out of seven this season. Considering we are 50% for the year (11 wins and losses), to lose six games to all our main rivals this year is very disappointing and is a habit that Flanno needs to break this team out of very quickly (and not even sure how much I count the win we did get vs Souths as they have been behind us all season).

Well to summarise it is pretty simple - we either win the last two games or we don't deserve to be there. How much do they want it?

jeffdragon

Bench
That's the difference between us + the chasing pack, and everyone else currently sitting in the top eight. Said the same thing after the games against the Panthers and Bulldogs as well.

After K Flannos suspension was confirmed, I called for Ravalawa to be brought back in on the right wing with Lomax at right centre, as I thought we could only carry one Feagai in the team defensively (without stifling our attack). I'm afraid this ship may have sailed now.

Yes - I certainly remember when Gasnier and Cooper were our centres !

Said it before and will do so again - Sloan needs a big (and full) off season. We need Val Holmes (and Gutho if it's still possible) to be mentoring and putting the pressure on him.

Of all our main rivals - Sharks, Bulldogs, Roosters and Rabbitohs... we are one out of seven this season. Considering we are 50% for the year (11 wins and losses), to lose six games to all our main rivals this year is very disappointing and is a habit that Flanno needs to break this team out of very quickly (and not even sure how much I count the win we did get vs Souths as they have been behind us all season).

Well to summarise it is pretty simple - we either win the last two games or we don't deserve to be there. How much do they want it?

But in all fairness we are more of chance when playing teams near or below us on the table.
If one of the others behind make it its because we faltered which looks likely.
They don't deserve it any more than we do.

Latest posts